Chronicle (Movie spoilers)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Chronicle (Movie spoilers)

There's a movie out on dvd at the moment called Chronicle, if you haven't already seen it, I suggest that you try to as soon as possible. Its a great movie, and even though its filmed from a camcorder perspective, the camera work doesn't take away from the film in the slightest. When I say camcorder, by the way, I'm not talking Blair witch project, it's filmed with proper cameras, though its from a different perspective.
    I'm not going to go on about it, as I don't want to let any spoilers slip, but its just a really good watch. Its not got a huge budget, but that doesn't show.

EDIT:
    Caution before you read this thread: Spoilers.
    Be careful of releasing spoilers!

Last edited by Barefoot; July 8th, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    duuuude, i think it's being shown on Hawaiian Airlines too btw because I saw it and DAMN, was it great-- it kind of just took down and then rebuilt the whole teen boys get superpowers thing and gosh, it was just fabulous.

(hey i didnt really spoil it... right? not even the biggest part of the movie )

but what killed me was what they did with the powers a first.. i sure as hell know that if i got superpowers i'd be screwing around and pranking people, too. haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Definitely a surprisingly great movie!

Follow Me! | DeviantART | Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really? I saw it, but it didn't impress me in the least. Nothing about it was new to me except for the way it was shot--which, by the way, seemed gimmicky to me, was uncomfortable, and made me nauseous.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really liked it.

My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 795 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I thought it was kinda lame. I was hoping for a unique, down to earth story but it ended up being pretty typical. Also, the main character is a totally unlikable wanker; I spent the whole movie hoping someone would just punch him in the face. And shaky cam's annoying to watch for long periods of time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 942 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    not bad movie, story wise, but that handy cam- urgh!

M

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I actually was ok with the movie till they killed off Token Black Guy...so tired of this trope

It wasn't a bad movie and yeah I think some of the scenes were nauseating.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Now I'm curious. Previews didn't have me interested at all. Seemed like the stereotypical "Kids get superpowers. One kid has anger issues and trains or just gets stronger than the rest. Start to fight each other once he goes out of control, he kills most of the others except 1 to 2 left which they have to team up to kill him. One of the 2 die, then it's 1v1 and hero 1 gets a power boost to beat the rogue villain."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This one flew past my radar at first. I'm glad I saw it. It's the closest thing to an Akira movie that hollywood should bother making.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought it was kinda lame. I was hoping for a unique, down to earth story but it ended up being pretty typical. Also, the main character is a totally unlikable wanker; I spent the whole movie hoping someone would just punch him in the face. And shaky cam's annoying to watch for long periods of time.
    Yeah, he was a bit of a twanker, and though he was screwed up by family life.

What I liked about was that we finally got a movie where the main characters did what you expected them to do! No false heroics, no real sense of honour. (Spoiler alert I mean the guy's cousin only tried to stop him because he didn't want to lose a cousin to insanity - but in the end, he lost one to a spear through the gut. I'll admit that the end scene was a bit at odds with the rest of the film, it was too generic, but it didn't ruin the whole movie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I loved Chronicle because it was a deconstruction of the superhero/supervillian genre, and boy do I love me a deconstruction.

SPOILERS- My favorite part was the point of view. By the end, the main character was a classic supervillian; He blew stuff up, endangered lives, and abandoned his values. We kind of got to see the downfall of a person who could have been a hero, but was just too emotionally unstable. I thought it was refreshing. And although telekinesis is a way overplayed power, how it was played with in the film was cool as shit.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.