Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts

    Denzel's sketchbook

    please share your thoughts
    Denzel's sketchbook
    Last edited by idenzel; July 6th, 2012 at 05:30 AM.


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    Denzel's sketchbook
    this was a tattoo design for a friend
    Last edited by idenzel; July 6th, 2012 at 05:37 AM.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    Denzel's sketchbook

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    These are rather impressive. The line quality is amazing.

    Have you thought about coloring/painting these?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagachi View Post
    These are rather impressive. The line quality is amazing.

    Have you thought about coloring/painting these?
    Actually yeh. I have been doing almost 100% traditional for so long, but I have an Intuos on the way so I will be picking that up a bit.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    That is awesome man. Can't wait to see your progress. Hope its a Intuous 3. They are the best.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagachi View Post
    That is awesome man. Can't wait to see your progress. Hope its a Intuous 3. They are the best.
    I did use the Wacom Bamboo for a little bit, but the one I have on the way now is the Intuos5. I've researched reviews and it seems to be really good. Do you know much about them?

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Hey man, thanks for your comment. It's good to see someone else crosshatching, I think it's really demanding both in skill and patience but the outcome's worth it.

    I'm looking at your drawing of the rasta guy. I gotta say you've definitely got a good grasp of shading in the details with hatching. Especially with the hair and the denim. However, you need to hatch general shades as well, i.e. you see how he's bent over, his entire chest and abdomen should be uniformly shaded, because it's a darker area. Add a third generation of wider spaced lines and It would make the entire figure pop out.

    I'd wager you're already familiar with Durer, but as far as hatching goes he's the master, so I'd suggest you study some of his engraving.

    I'll be following your thread, Keep the genre alive man

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Good lines you got there. lookin forward to see more of your stuff

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medicagotruncatula View Post
    Hey man, thanks for your comment. It's good to see someone else crosshatching, I think it's really demanding both in skill and patience but the outcome's worth it.

    I'm looking at your drawing of the rasta guy. I gotta say you've definitely got a good grasp of shading in the details with hatching. Especially with the hair and the denim. However, you need to hatch general shades as well, i.e. you see how he's bent over, his entire chest and abdomen should be uniformly shaded, because it's a darker area. Add a third generation of wider spaced lines and It would make the entire figure pop out.

    I'd wager you're already familiar with Durer, but as far as hatching goes he's the master, so I'd suggest you study some of his engraving.

    I'll be following your thread, Keep the genre alive man
    thanks for the advise. i appreciate compliments but i keep a sharp eye out for suggestions and critisism so i can improve! you're right about that bottom area of his midsection. boo me, haha. you keep it up too

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    some random ideas
    Denzel's sketchbook

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    fun sketches of bodies twisting
    Denzel's sketchbook

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    this is a picture i did for a friend of mine
    Denzel's sketchbook

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    random idea sketch
    Denzel's sketchbook

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
    some sketches
    Denzel's sketchbook

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: January 19th, 2013, 03:19 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2012, 11:20 PM
  3. SketchBook: *MOD's please move to sketchbook section* Ulvdemon Sketchbook 030805
    By ulvdemon in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 18th, 2011, 12:07 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 27th, 2009, 11:38 AM
  5. SketchBook: Unknown Epiphany's Sketchbook/brand new sketchbook(Updated February 27th)
    By unknown_epiphany in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: February 27th, 2007, 10:43 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com