Art: Slaughter House Concept Art

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Slaughter House Concept Art

Hello, this is my first thread after several years of being a member here.

This is some concept art that I've done for a game called Slaughter House. There will be a platform ios game and a first-person PC game under the same name. The ios game will be about the player running away from a psychopath inside a large a cabin. The games are going to be heavily inspired by the slasher movie genre made popular in the 80's with Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street. The PC game will take place in the tradional Summer Camp setting along a Lake which will also include a town. The player will be one of the counselors and must defend themselves against a group of killers rampaging the region.

Anyway, I thought I would share some of the work done so far.

This is the ios concept for the killer with a stylized proportion.

An early face concept with a more cheerful demeanor.

Here's a somewhat rough revision for the PC game. The two ideas to the left aren't going to be used for the game, but I thought I would show them anyway.

I really like this one. I realized after I made the first concept that he looked like a crazy Mario, so I referenced a picture of Mario jumping to do this one.

Here's an earlier concept for the cabin. We were orginally going to just have this one main room, with both sides of the screen connected to each other, so it would have a very tight circular motion to the gameplay. We've decided since then to make a series of different rooms, which I'll show a little later. There's a bunch more stuff I've done, but I think I'll also post those here at a later time.

Thanks for taking a look, feedback is always welcome.

Noah D.

Last edited by Noah7; July 6th, 2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've always thought that such heavy psycho wouldn't be so much scary if the victims remember to run but this guy seems nuts enough to start chasing someone at full speed lol. Very common but not bad.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu//San View Post
    I've always thought that such heavy psycho wouldn't be so much scary if the victims remember to run but this guy seems nuts enough to start chasing someone at full speed lol. Very common but not bad.
    Yeah, he'll be pretty fast despite his weight. I think we've decided to make him less heavy in the PC game. Hopefully the animator can make his movements look somewhat natural, heavy but quick. We have a guy in Croatia doing some motion capturing for us, so whoever animates him will have something good to work with hopefully.

Members who have read this thread: 1