Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What did you think of your portfolio review?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,354 Times in 2,877 Posts

What did you think of your portfolio review?

Curious what you thought of your reviews....

Great to see all the work.

Jason
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanks Jason, George and John for the review.

A lot of time was spent on my portfolio, I felt like you took enough time to talk about my work. I had to re-watch my review to catch what was said about working on my edges. I figured I had missed something important after failing to hear it the first time. (An offhand comment that I needed to hear.)

Jason, good to hear you relating my lack of attention to drawing in my painting to your experiences, and the master painting discussions throughout the session.

Thanks
    It was great! It was the first time a professional has reviewed my concept art work. I really learned a lot and now I have a much clearer idea as to what I should be improving. Thanks so much for your time.

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one...
    Thanks
    Thanks tons for the review!
    It was the needed kick and insight to find a new direction for improvement. I re watched it many times to gather it all. Greatly appreciated your time in doing so.
    SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Thank you so so much for the review. I don't have the money or opportunity to attend any of the workshops or conventions where I can get a portfolio review like this, so it was really amazing for me to get the chance here.

I feel like I learned so much from it- I gained a little bit of confidence in seeing which areas I'm doing well in, and it really opened my eyes to the areas where I was slacking and need to put in some more hard work. Sometimes it's hard to see those things when you are studying on your own without a teacher.

So thanks again for what you guys are doing!

Thanks
    Thank you so much for reviewing my portfolio. It this was an amazing opportunity and I'm glad I didn't missed it.
    This was the first time I got a decent review of my work and I really needed it. I've learned many things and now I know on what I should focus to improve.
    I think all the reviews were great and what you're doing gives a lot of people hope.
    Thanks again!

Thanks
    The review was good. i found John to be much more encouraging than Jason, but I guess that's just personality differences. I think that the review did help clarify direction with portfolio(which I was looking for) and direction with self studies(which was a bonus).

Thanks
    Fantastic! Thanks so much for the critique! I wasn't sure on what exactly I needed to focus on first since there's so much, but your pointers were perfect.
    To be honest I was very nervous, but the critique was very encouraging and enlightening.

Thanks again!

-Jesica
    sketchbook

Confidence isn't saying, 'I've reached the best I can be--I can go no further.' It's saying 'I know what I'm doing, but I can always get better.'

Thanks
    thanks for doing this Jason. The critiques I got are quite ....blunt! Very brutally honest and honestly it really made me reel a little. They really are not mincing their words are they!

Apart from a few points where I deduced that it's only based on their subjective preference, I agree with what my critiques say. and I really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Hey Jason, I've been watching the first three reviews and I'm slightly confused about the way the reviews are chosen. At first you where going through them in chronological order which i thought was the original plan. then you started doing the TAD students (and i thought that was fair enough as they are paying customers), but now It's changed to who ever is posting their link in the chat. Which i can understand the merit of having the artist participate an all but I'm usually asleep by the time that time as i work mornings so is there any chance you can do page three in chronological order when you get to it, or just when you get to my post just do it instead of waiting for me to be in the chat as I've only managed 1/3 so far. Thanks for your time, these have been great!
    Sketchbook
    Blog
    cts.sanders@googlemail.com
    Facebook

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" - Michael Jackson

Thanks
    I really appreciated the portfolio review!
    I feel like mine wasn't nearly as long as the others because it was squeezed in at the end and John kind of veered off on an unrelated topic, then it was over.
    But I really do appreciate the comments. Thanks guys!

Thanks
    I'm either stupid or ignorant (pick which one is best used here) because I have got no clue where to find my review from 07-06? I've been looking all over this place without any outcome so far. Can someone please tell me where to find it so I too get to find out the result.

Thank you in advance.

-Cheers
    My Sketchbook
    My Blog/gallery.
    My Tweets

Thank you for visiting.

Thanks

Derek's feedback

Hey Jason, I completely forgot to leave my feedback, but yeah I just wanted to first say thank you for the review and thank you for offering something like this to everyone, and I look forward to getting another review and or kick in the ass on my future work. The critique was very helpful in informing me what I should stay away from and what I need to work on such as edge control, refining thumbnails, and paying more attention to everything in general. Again, thank you!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast