Sketchbook: I'm a hungry shark that feeds on your C&C ! - Page 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Long time no see CA.org ! The site was acting up once again so naturally updates have been scarce. Here's what I've been up to lately.

Studies of my own hand. I really need to get back into life drawing because I haven't done it for months.

Name:  Life - 0087.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  112.2 KB

Tried painting this Lego sphere thingy my friend gave me as a Christmas present. Failed miserably.

Name:  Life - 0088.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  56.9 KB

A sketchbook page that I'm most pleased with though it took ages to complete. It has everything: composition, story, figures, faces, hands etc. The inspiration behind the page is basically things I've experienced in my life in the past few weeks. Once again everything's mostly from imagination. Don't ask about the Leia buns... haha

Name:  Sketchbook - 0095.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  247.7 KB

"All artists are prepared to suffer for their work, but why are so few prepared to learn to draw?"

MY SKETCHBOOK, COMMENT & CRITIC THE SHIT OUT OF ME
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My hands... Didn't get much done today...

Name:  Life - 0089.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  144.1 KB

"All artists are prepared to suffer for their work, but why are so few prepared to learn to draw?"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet sweet improvement, i see you are starting to be less shy about your drawings i love that man! word of advice, draw squares or rectangles and then draw inside of those with a mindset in, as you said Composition, story and also very important how you can catch the viewers eye longer, study different strong compositional shapes (triangles, squares) and also read a bit on the golden rule and the law of thirds this are all very important if you wish to make pieces that put across your ideas and what you are trying to communicate with us (the viewers) this is still just scratching the surface but try to always have a mindset of what you want to say or convey in a drawing (tho i can see that you already know of this but further application its going to help you lots!) cant wait for more ozark! change it up a bit try doing some landscapes (i know the sole word "landscape" is scary as fuck) but they are really helpful in teaching composition and story through simple shapes Lets work harder man!!! if you are at a blank as of what im talking about here go to Dave rapoza's youtube channel and watch "critters" wich is a paintover project of his i which he covers this and alot more i really recommend it to ya!

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheartGFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello ozark ,I skimmed through your sb and there is definitely an improvement,I really like that you are doing a lot of self portraits and
    its cool that you indicate major shapes and values loosely in those studies,maybe do one where you try to define more exact shapes and edges-
    squinting really helps with that.

keep at it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GrayPersona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll reply to all of you later cuz I'm in a hurry.

DENTAL FLOSS !!!

Name:  Life - 0090.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  81.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lionheartGFX Once again your reply is full of useful advice. Landscapes/enviros are something that I should get into because they would be something different from my usual stuff.

GrayPersona Thanks dude. The SP month was rough at times but it just went to show that if I set up a goal for myself I'm able to reach it. Haven't thought about squinting, thanks for the tip.

Today's still life. Tube of paint. 1.5 hours.

Name:  Life - 0091.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  57.7 KB

Sketchiness. Studied smiles.

Name:  Sketchbook - 0096.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  130.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Decided to study clothing. Gotta do this more.

Name:  Digi - 0065.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  72.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice studies I like that paint tube, on the last one though the perspective of her legs is a bit off,keep coming with stuff man!.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GrayPersona Thanks dude I will. Her leg is actually like that in reference photo.

Today I studied kneecaps from Bridgman, photos and life. When it comes kneecaps I don't what the hell I'm supposed to do.

Name:  Sketchbook - 0097.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  129.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    knees are a hard subject man, you have to study the bones first, then the ligaments and tendons and then the muscles to really paster the knees and overall all the joints in the body, this comes in time theres no rush tho its really you good you take interest in this things.

on a different note, that clothing study is good but i think you should push the clothing further what i mean about that its, the texture of the fabric, is it shiny? is it opaque? how does it fold (and the anatomy of folds and how are they constructed)? is it loose around the body or very very tight? all o this questions should pop your mind when studying clothing, do more of everything i say hahaha! or rather as do as much as you can while having fun, no one wnats to kill their joy for drawing by doing it too much haha

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheartGFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lionheartGFX You bring up some valid points concerning the clothing study. Looking at it now it looks kinda flat. I'll try to keep all of the things you mentioned in mind when I do my next study. You're right; anatomy is like an obsession for me. I'm genuinely interested in how the body is constructed and how it works. In other news, my spring life drawing classes began today which rules.

Quick poses done in pen.

Name:  Life - 0092.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  73.8 KB

Used an easel to draw for the first time. Had trouble first but I got the hang of things towards the end.

Name:  Life - 0093.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  113.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your portrait technqiue is nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    zou Glad you like 'em. I seriously need to get back to portrait drawing and draw other people than myself. I wonder if my sister is up for some MTV marathons... haha

More kneecap studies from imagination, Bridgman and life. I know it, they're boring as fuck but at least I won't end up like the Art Newbie Owl. Gonna apply these on my next sketchbook page.

Name:  Sketchbook - 0098.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  85.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those are some great looking kneecaps! You've reminde me that I need to get out my Bridgman book again, sitting on the shelf for too long now! Ya, they can be boring, but think of how you can apply what you've learnt from them to your drawing skills I look forward to seeing the next page! I wish I could give you more constructive feedback, but if I think of anything I'll come back and post it for you! Just keep doing what youre doing, I can see the improvement as I looked through your sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketchbook ozark! I love your dedication to figure studies, it's really inspiring!
    Also very nice amount of self-portraits. Should do those myself too but I just feel too shy in that subject matter.
    Keep up this dedication and you'll surely get far!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketchbook, #151 Donnie Darko? Anyways, I think you have nice line value and handle contour really well. As for the clothes study you did, lionheartGFX advice was golden. The material is very important. I think it makes for a stronger image. Also, it's funny but to me initially I almost didn't notice that the thigh is kind of cut into by the rear one. The girls form is nice and appealing, I was distracted so you did a good job on that. Keep it up man!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to I STRaY I For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool anatomy sketches ,try doing these with a construction of a box-it will help you develope form awareness.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GrayPersona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't update for a day and I get tons of replies. Nice.

Satu You should try doing SPs even if you feel they're hard. My very first SPs looked atrocious but I gradually got better.

Oushua-J Care to elaborate on the Donnie Darko reference ? I'm gonna be extra careful on my next clothing study.

GrayPersona Thanks for the tip, dude.

Drawings from life as promised. Couple of my friends and my hand.

Name:  Life - 0094.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  73.9 KB

Digi crappiness from mind. Must do more because I suck with color and generally with painting.

Name:  Digi - 0066.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  71.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love this quote!! "All artists are prepared to suffer for their work, but why are so few prepared to learn to draw?" It's so true ^_^. As a cartoonist, I love breaking hearts and telling aspiring cartoonists how many hours of life drawing I did in college.
    I like your knee studies- one thing I haven't done enough of I'm sure. & your butt post in 121 made me laugh - keep it up!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rhubix You're not the only one who's fond of my quote. Studying from life will always make your pieces more believable whether or not your "style" isn't realism. And yeah butts are always important.

Moar fashion. Don't know if I did any better than last week. From now on Sundays will be dedicated to clothing studies.

Name:  Digi - 0067.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  72.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey! thx for dropping by my sketchbook

i like your studies. i'd love to give you advice on how to quickly improve your drawing skills but i am a slow learner myself (started 3 years ago and i still suck), so i guess you just have to keep drawing and you'll become super-duper-awesome-sauce in no time

i'll check back more often on your progression!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really awesome sketchbook. A lot of the pieces you have in here are really cool to look at.
    I like the anatomy studies you've done a lot. Something I need to work on. heh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eric-Anthony Imma keep grinding ! Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing great. Thanks for the encouragement.

Schnitts Awww thanks. You definitely should start studying some anatomy.

I was too tired to update yesterday but now I'm back with some fresh life drawings. This time we had a pregnant woman as our model which was pretty interesting to say the least.

Quick poses done in pen. Had fun exaggerating her stomach.

Name:  Life - 0095.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  69.3 KB

The longer pose. It's a shame that I can't take these drawings to a higher finish due to time constraints. In the end I decided to focus on her stomach because I figured you don't often get to draw naked pregnant women.

Name:  Life - 0096.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  103.3 KB

More studying tomorrow !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    now thats a sweet pot belly...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that dude in the suit is a preety decent study,keep em coming.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It was a good idea to choose an area to focus on in the life drawing, you really started to pick out how the light was on her body. I hated time contraints in life drawing as well, but hopefully it'll mean you get quicker at creating the drawings. I like how you caught the action of the poses in your gestures as well!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spudonkey Hehe thanks for the lolz.

GrayPersona Will do, thanks.

Spirit Glad you like 'em. The place where I do these life drawings also offer 6-hour long drawing marathons which takes care of the time problem. Unfortunately they only organize these sessions twice a year.

My sad attempt at practicing legs using the Hard Flat brush. I'm sorry.

Name:  Digi - 0068.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  95.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quickie head sketches. Tried to be loose. I also realized I need to start studying facial features of different ethnicities.

Name:  Sketchbook - 0099.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  122.6 KB

good night everybody

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Long time no see CA.org. Spent the weekend in Helsinki so that's why I haven't been updating.

More headz with Loomis. Tried to make these look more polished than the ones on the last page. This is also my 100th sketchbook page !

Name:  Sketchbook - 100.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  100.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Life drawings you know the drill

The quickies:

Name:  Life - 0097.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  68.2 KB

Time oh how I hate you

Name:  Life - 0098.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  81.1 KB

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast