Learning Perspective Drawing
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Learning Perspective Drawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool Learning Perspective Drawing

I have been trying to learn perspective, and I just want to know if its better to learn Mechanical Perspective from the book Basic Perspective Drawing
    John Montague or from something straight forward like Perspective Made Easy
    Ernest Norling.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Previsha. It doesn't matter what way you learn it really. I've found little evidence of one way of learning being contradicting to another so far. Some books/schools have their own measurements techniques to find important measurement spots, and so far I've found that some of them are developed to get a "rough idea" rather than perfection, but thats about it.

It really doesn't matter. Learn 1p, then move onto 2pp and finally 3pp. From there you will know what to do. Basic perspective drawing teaches the most used ways of measuring and comparing which is pretty much all you need to get started. if you already own this book, then I recommend you stick to it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Dile, its hard to know what direction to go into when there's so much information out there for a beginner. I do have the book for Basic perspective but I'm struggling along with some stuff, so that's why I was looking for more information to help me comprehend better.

Members who have read this thread: 4