Sketchbook: Operation "Sketchbook" - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Operation "Sketchbook"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shadow Stalker: Thanks! I'm happy to happy to give back the inspiration to the community i took it from (hopefully that makes sense XD )

Greenhouse: Thanks, and i'm glad you have found the resources useful I like the winter view the most too. was easiest one to make as well- maybe because i'm used to flatlands with grass and trees, as opposed to shorelines with cliffs? as to the trueblood's spoof- this series is just asking for it - it's so ridiculous lately, i can't treat it as anything different than an oversexed comedy

Well, my observational skills are getting stronger, but i still get hopelessly stuck whenever drawing from imagination. What i see repeated around this board often is that you can't learn to draw from imagination without.. drawing from imagination. So here are some doodles (that made me think i should do some clothing studies):
    Name:  20121103derpingaroundd.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  175.3 KB

And some clothing studies from refs that followed:
    Name:  20121104clothingrefss.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  140.4 KB
    i should do more of those...but then again- i should do more of everything XD

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketches! This sketchbook is crazy! 0____0
    How did you get so productive?!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Badass linework, man! I even recognise the clothing refs in your last post. XD *uber-fashion-nerd*

Available for freelance work & personal commissions!

Prints, phone cases and skins of my artwork available at my Society6 shop: http://society6.com/NathalieZiegler

FB: https://www.facebook.com/MtrDlrsBttst

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Natzetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sushy: Thanks Me, productive? really? D: But i do everything so slow.. I dropped gaming (and sulking about being not good enough at drawing XD ) alltogether and cut movies/series watching and commissioned work to a bare minimum. It freed some more hours in my already not too busy schedule. I'm trying to form a new daily routine of drawing for at least 8h a day, in hopes that once drawing becomes as natural as breathing, progress will be forced to happen.

Natzetta: thank you means a lot, especially since i think it's your linework that's the badass one

Deadline for lawnmowers project is breathing down my neck ;___; but i try to keep in touch with my inner portraitist.
    I noticed i tend to excessively bulge out foreheads... Last time i tried Loomis' method for head drawing i have had a major ragequit. but that was in july, so maybe i'm ready for it now?
    Name:  20121105blehhh.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  190.4 KB
    When i drew them, i thought they were shit. this morning i thought they were quite cool. Now, few hours later i have no idea what to think..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah I admit, I think I have been in here three or four times just looking at this last post! Itís so freaking good! The pen strokes look so smooth and vibrant. I donít know how you do it looking so simple.
    When I draw heads I tend to scratch in one place and having a huge problem getting the proportions in place. So there you have my answer to your last thought! Yeah, Iím actually studying them! Do more! Youíre rockin!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I adore your portrait and gesture studies! Wish I were half as good... and those screenshot studies are a nice idea, maybe I should try that, it looks like fun (and instructive fun at that, I don't practise scenery nearly enough)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi!

i love your face studies. where are they from? I've been looking to find a decent stream of references where I can do face studies as well (but I'm just a beginner, nowhere near your level, I'm afraid..)

edit: actually, where do you go for your references in general? and what are your brush settings? i really like the effect you're getting, and I'm wondering if that is partially due to how you set your brushes.

Sketchbook since 2012. Hop on over!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude..I almost had an orgasm! Haha. Seriously though, I saw your skecthes in Spartan Camp and headed over here to check out your other work. BLOWN AWAY! I am so inspired right now, I actually didn't know what direction I should go with my art but THIS IS THE DIRECTION Following your sketchbook! Really amazed !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    God, your sketchbook is insanely amazing! I love every single picture here. The studies are so full of life, the faces and the gestures.
    Thank you for sharing!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 4