Sketchbook: Breaking Plateau
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Breaking Plateau

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Breaking Plateau

Finally have sometime on my hands to post. I've been telling myself to do this. but days becomes weeks and weeks becomes month and so on and son. It's not much but here it is. I feel very embarrassed posting this, since I have not progressed much. But thats what I get for not drawing often, and letting life get in the way. I plan to be studying from the Michael Hampton - Figure Drawing: Design and Invention. My goal is maybe have my work be good enough to be able to make a living off of it. But it's seems so far stretched. Since I realized I'm very slow in grasping all of this and my time is very limited.

Also, the two pictures below. First one is from imagination. Second one I referenced the pose from a Uniqlo magazine. Third one, is a painting I did for Illustration class with acrylic. : /

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by White Rose; July 1st, 2012 at 09:04 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good Evening,

Manage to work on 3 sketches during the week. Kinda stuck on them. Been bouncing back and forth on them.

1. The girl with the fro. I used reference on the pose. This picture I would like to color.
    2. Second picture was from my imagination. I think I can push the picture a bit more. But I'm not sure where to begin. I might need to study loomis planes to experiment.
    3. Did the sketch today, I'm trying to figure out on how to do the hands.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I totally know how you feel and don't be embarrassed to post things. I would study some loomis with that Micheal Hampton book. Your figures seem to be more on the anime side. Try to learn realistic proportions. And do some self portraits. Draw as much as you can and keep working hard.

Checkout my sketchbook filled with awesomeness.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Passhunate View Post
    I totally know how you feel and don't be embarrassed to post things. I would study some loomis with that Micheal Hampton book. Your figures seem to be more on the anime side. Try to learn realistic proportions. And do some self portraits. Draw as much as you can and keep working hard.
    Hi Passhunate,

Thank you for looking at my sketchbook. I apologize for the late response.

I will definitely will be looking more into loomis and hampton. However I finally had sometime to do a self portrait of myself. I'm still working on it though. It's a toughie, Trying to shade the values within without coloring the entire face especially if you have a dark complexion. I was informed that you don't, but focus on the values. But I wanted to post what I have done so far. Hopefully, I will be able to post more later this week.

I'm itching to do a color peice. I haven't worked with color for awhile.

Last edited by White Rose; July 13th, 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did some stuff from the week of 7/16.. wasn't able to draw last week. Not sure what the correct word.. but I felt stuck on how to study from the michael hampton book. His images are overwhelming. I feel that this week. I should select a few pages. print them out. and study and draw from them as a worksheet.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.