Anyone using Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 2011

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Anyone using Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 2011

I'm so suggestible. I get an email pushing some program or other, and I'm all, like, "ZOMG THAT'S AWESOME I HAVE TO HAVE IT!" Probably why I'm broke.

Anyhow, has anybody here used Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 2011? It looks like a nice sketch application, and not too punishing in the £50 range. I just canNOT seem to get the hang of linework in Photoshop.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,979 Times in 2,410 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I have the free version that came with my intuos tablet, its called Sketchbook Express and I like the way it handles. I don't uses it much because I draw with real media but it seemed pretty good, a lot like corel sketchpad without the memory hog problems.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have used a free trial of it in the past. It's quite a nice and slick little program, but I don't know, I could go either way on it depending on what it's being used for and such. Some of the other programs about could probably learn a thing or two from some of its features, though. It's the kind of thing I think that would be brilliant on a tablet pc type device.

Somebody needs to come up with a simple, affordable portable tablet device that's designed for drawing and sketching digitally on, with proper pressure sensitivity and none of that half-arsed trying to make your own stylus with the smallest tip you can for an iPad. I'm surprised nobody has actually done it already.

....Now waiting for somebody to tell me that they have.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I find this program really good when you have a Cintiq or Tablet PC. The interface just works well with it. They also have a Copic Markers set you can add on. http://autodeskmfg.typepad.com/blog/...c-markers.html

The price is extremely reasonable.

I couldn't ink in PS for this reason - it wasn't so bad before but had progressively gotten worse. I still don't see a fix for it either even though I have reported it to Wacom

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=240195

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    somebody: http://www.cnet.com/laptops/modbook-...-35338753.html

dude in my class last semester would use this badboy and it is pretty sweet, it's a mac book pro modded with a cintiq; Modbook.

Anyway, sketchbook pro is a fun little app. Don't use it much though cause it really does seem like it would work better on a cintiq or tablet pc. For what it is I think it works great. It's just supposed to be for sketching right? it does that great.

don't really have to mess much with brushes to try and get the familiar effect of traditional medium like you do in photoshop, has built in short cuts, a cool "palette" system, so basically, you don't have to mess with menus/toolbars.

one thing that really bums me out is the fact that it doesn't tilt with your pen, so if you got a chisel type tip, you're stuck with it in vertical. Maybe there's a way to change it, but I haven't found it.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the money, but I'm on a desktop and kinda broke, I also already have photoshop so D:

I do think they have a trial thing you can download to see if you like it, and if you're a student, it's free! Just a .edu e-mail is needed, I think (don't remember).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I've thought all along I could manage linework if I had a Cintiq or tablet PC. With painting, it doesn't much matter if I'm not looking at my hand, but precision linework...yeesh, I'm all over the place.

Anyway, I've just discovered the free trial, so that'll keep me quiet for a while. Thanks for the input, folks.

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    afaik callum alexander watt aka salaryman uses it for the majority (if not all) of his work.

newest sketchbook
    oil paintings

"Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want." Glen Orbik

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.