Art: CGAddict's Portfolio Review
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: CGAddict's Portfolio Review

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

CGAddict's Portfolio Review

First I'd like to thank everyone involved for this opportunity, any feedback on my work would be very much appreciated. Some information about myself:

My name is George Patsouras and I've been working pretty much full time as a freelance artist for a couple of years now. With that said, I'd very much like to approach concept art so I'm working very hard to achieve this goal, drawing and painting anywhere from 4-8 hours a day. I'm pretty much self taught and am currently studying the works of primarily Andrew Loomis, who's style compliments that of my own quite nicely I'd say. I'm highly motivated and am willing to do as much work as possible to improve myself as an artist, so I'm very grateful for this opportunity.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love the praying painting!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clym For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first thing that stands out to me is the fact that your portfolio is all illustrations when you say you're aiming for concept art! I think if you're aiming to become a concept artist, what you're producing and what's in your portfolio needs to reflect that. Just judging by the works you put up I'd never guess you wanted to go into concept art instead of illustration.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amarok For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarok View Post
    The first thing that stands out to me is the fact that your portfolio is all illustrations when you say you're aiming for concept art! I think if you're aiming to become a concept artist, what you're producing and what's in your portfolio needs to reflect that. Just judging by the works you put up I'd never guess you wanted to go into concept art instead of illustration.
    I agree, probably the difference is not so clear for someone who's starting out. Anyway good sense of light, you just need to study perspective and a little more anatomy, your colors could be more rich if you add some variations but in any case i think this is a good gallery.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitsu//San For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Apologies for replying so late, had trouble accessing this thread previously. Just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to browse through my work and offer me feedback, very much appreciate it!

clym: Thank you!

Amarok: Very good points! I guess I'm getting a bit tired of illustration, concept art seems more challenging and rewarding for me... and I tend to work best with other people as well, so it's very appealing to me. With that said, I'll definitely create more work that reflects this in the future as well. Thanks for your honest feedback.

Hitsu//San:
    Thank you for your advice. Perspective doesn't come to me as naturally as I'd like it to I admit, so I'll definitely be practicing in that regard. Very glad to hear you enjoy my works!

Members who have read this thread: 1