Join 500,000+ Artists
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
We’re running a $200 logo design contest for a games website and looking for a great logo design. Check out the website theme to get idea of what it should be through this link: http://i'mgoingtoripoffartists.com
1. The logo design must be your original work and shall not be copied from elsewhere.
2. Copyrighted or trademarked images may not be used in the logo design.
3. Any logo design submitted after the submission date will not be entered into the competition.
4. In order to submit your logo, you must connect to Wishfree.com via Facecbook.
5. Any entry which shall not be able to gain votes shall be disqualified.
6. Only one submission per user is allowed.
7. Submissions using fake accounts will automatically disqualify.
8. Top 5 voted logos will be reviewed by our management and the winner will be announced on 15-07-2012.
9. We the right to announce the winner of the competition without any declaration to the participants.
10. We will contact the winners by email to ask them for their account and other details for verification purposes. The winners will be guided through these emails for further steps.
11. By entering into the contest you hereby transfer and assign all intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright and trademark) in and to the drawing and description, to Wishfree.com.
12. By entering in the contest you also agree to abide by the above rules and grant us the right to edit, publish, display, promote, broadcast and otherwise use your entry, along with the your name without further permission, notice, or compensation, in any media now known, or hereafter developed.
13. The final logo design selected becomes our property and may be used for any purpose determined by us.
Last edited by Black Spot; June 26th, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
hah, love #12 and 13.
What idiot wrote the above? Maybe you should hold a contest for a proof reader too.9. We the right to announce the winner of the competition without any declaration to the participants.
I like how they make it harder to want to submit even though it's only 200 for a logo they can use whenever they want. You have to connect via some app via Facebook?
oh man, can't wait for the rest of the forum to get in on this
Last edited by Arshes Nei; June 25th, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
I hate these contest for work things with a passion. PAY SOMEONE TO DO THE WORK!
Why do people still insist on using Comic Sans in this day and age?
200 bucks. For a logo. With all rights granted. PUH-LEEZE.
Do you people have any idea how much a designer can make on a legitimate corporate ID job? Do you know how silly your 200 dollars look in the real world?
Exploitative rip-off contest ahoy!
...and #11... Apparently by merely entering you transfer all rights. Which means they could go ahead and use your work for free without even giving you a prize. Wonderful.hah, love #12 and 13.
being a member of a spamming forum is not the best advert. Bye http://www.warriorforum.com/members/katiezeal.html
ripoff.com their name says it all.
I think the OP is poking fun at these things, but I hate that god damn shit. It is strange to me that artists actually do that. On reddit somebody was holding a contest for 200$ whereby the artists had to paint a portrait of the couple. I said I am interested, but not in a contest format. I got 350$ prepaid before I did anything and the contest was closed. The greatest and only way to do work.
"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw BeksinskiMy Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!
So, I'm guessing you'll HAVE to take my entry since nobody else seems to be participating, even though it's obviously made in ten minutes, right?
Easiest 200 bucks ever made lolol
Can we make a shit-list/black-list of these jokers somewhere? With any kind of rip-off too (like unpaid wages, even if you're an employee not a contractor/freelance.).
This is great! So let me get this straight. I get the "chance" (up to you guys) to get $200.00 for art that would normally be worth $500 to $1000.00? Wow you guys are so very generous.
I value my design skills alot more than $200 chief! I'll give you an idea for $200, but I'll design it and execute it for 100 billion dollars! For that you get the logo, the type, the whole damn thing!
"I'll give you an idea for $200, but I'll design it and execute it for 100 billion dollars!"
they just take the idea and not pay you. its a real pound stretcher not paying your contractors and running away.
sb most art copied to page 1
Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
facebook: Alface Killah
My SketchBook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=139784
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=192127"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."-John Huston, Director
**Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial
Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!
"Work is more fun than fun."
"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
Well I did come across someone offering $15 for a "professional logo".. (Good thing it's not a spec work but the pay is crap)
And a bunch of artist reply and submit their portfolio to that.. Are you kidding me?? And the one chosen only gets $15. :/