Page 118 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,522 to 1,534 of 1577

Thread: d-CepTs doodles

Thanks
    Glad to see these great studies! The "From Hell" study is really nice. Overall, your colors and values are convincing, but some planes could be clearer. The shirt sleeve in the Benjamin Button screen is kinda vague; it's hard to tell what's going on there. I think more definitive brush marks could help out, or cell-shading to a certain degree.

Keep it up!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The movie still studies are a great idea I might have to try my hand at those!! Very cool man keep cranking out the work you have come a very long ways!!

Thanks
    ok i thought i commented but i guess i didn't ^^ i would bring back some of the sculpted texture on your zbrush char. on your movie studies i think you could use some more saturated colors in certain areas to make em pop. you're on a roll dude, keep posting

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    --------------------------------
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Yo dude ! What's up ! Your movies studies looks cool, values are good, but maybe you should more work on edges, i think it's the biggest weakness in your stuff ! So keep it up !

Thanks
    Hey guys! Wow! Lotsa replies! Thank you so much!

Onir, hp, YihyoungLi, Walid D: Really good crits and advice! Thanks a bunch!

Granny, Ashrumm: Thanks guys! You RRROCCCKK!!

I'll write proper replies tomorrow! Just got a collegue over here.. we're gonna work on a little side project we got goin' so I gotta be quick Sorry!

I'll swing by all of you guys' SB's tomorrow and return the crits and comments and asspats!

'nother study.. from "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" this time.. Spent a little more time on it to define areas a little more.. so they're not left hangin' in "couple-of-brushstrokes-land"

Name:  Wolverine.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  71.7 KB

Also added some ramblings on the frame.. if it's any interesting to any of you, I'll include these as well in the future
    Name:  Wolverine_annoted.jpg
Views: 3369
Size:  126.1 KB

dC

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dCepT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nice updates, seems like you're progressing well The Zbrush experiment looks nice, and keep doing those captures, I used to them myself and as more people seems to get back into them again, I keep thinking I should them again myself. Keep at it!

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    hey, looks great! really got the expression, the pose, and the moistness! lol only crit I have is that the top of his head (his forehead area I guess) is flattening out a bit, I guess because of the hard edges along his temples. it is really tough since his hair is dark and it's on a dark background, but you definitely did a great job with it. keep at it!

Thanks
    Meeeeen! Because of your speedpaint I wanna read again "Interview with the vampire", definetly I'm gonna watch in the first free ocassion.

nice work on Wolverine!

ooohh... i make an overpaint at your work, hope this will help you take this artwork to the next level.

cheers

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Nice update. The color and lighting seem spot on--very convincing. I don't mean the sketch has to be more detailed, but the shapes of your brushstrokes could be more informative. The chest/pectoral area and the trapezius are vague/muddy; perhaps simplifying the shapes.

Gogogo!

Thanks
    Really nice sketchbook. What an improvement since you started this book. I especially like the studies from the movies and the nightmare guy. Keep up the great work!

Thanks
    Sorknes: Thanks! Yeah, the movie studies are fun and a great learning experience IMO! I'll definately keep doing 'em.. plan is to do enough of 'em to have the things I learn creep into my work from imagination.. hehe

Onir: Thanks for the crits! Yeah, the hair/temples transition was a problem area for sure.. Maybe I should've worked it a bit more.. I kinda liked that the edge of the hair disappeared against the dark background.. maybe if I defined the hairline against his skin it would've read better?

mariusz: Dood! Been a little while! Hope everything's great in your neck of the woods! I hadn't seen Interview in a while.. definitely cool re watching that.. awesome piece of film! Too bad they really hammed it up with the sequel

YihyoungLi: Thanks! Really good point about the chest and trapezius.. especially the trapezius looking at it now..heh.. definitely something to keep in mind for the next one!

Spaggen: Tack tack Hope I continue making wortwhile stuff! btw: CA kinda bugged out on me when I replied to your PM.. let me know if you haven't gotten an answer!

Do I did another Nightmare character.. they're fun! Less zbrush and more photoshop this time.. I'm definitely a photoshop dood and no 3d sculptor.. Diggin' on painting way more than 3D.. haha.. that being said; zBrush is the most organic and direct method I've ever tried for 3d modelling! Always good to have more tools to work with

Name:  Nightmare2.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  53.9 KB

Hope ya like!

dC

Thanks
    Oh, that thing is even cooler than the other guy. I can see a small smiling face on his "head", did you do it with purpose?

Keep it up man!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,281 Posts
    THAT WOLVERINE IS WHERE ITs AT AN THESE NIGHTMARE CREATURES ARE FREAK'N WICKED ROCK ON BRU'THA MAN

Page 118 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1