Sketchbook: d-CepTs doodles - Page 51

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1577

Thread: d-CepTs doodles

Not much time gotta bounce, but I'll get back to you guys soon! Thank you so much for dropping in!

Here's what I got in today on the Newborn piece.

Cropped, added some people in the wombs receding in the BG and some general noodling.

Name:  Newborn_comp7.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  113.6 KB

dC

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    your painting is quite well done. I also enjoy your creatures ^_^

The only thing i have to say is that your faces need work. Usually when the faces are far away. Most of your closer faces look decent. I myself suck at faces from imagination so ya.

By faces i just mean the ones from imagination.

My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

Hey d-cept, really nice sketchbook ya got goin here I really like the variety of ideas you've got going here, specifically the newborn ones and the sheet of birds from a couple of posts ago. This recent WIP has a really nice depth to it; you've seperated the fore, middle, and backgrounds quite nicely. Definitely progressing well though, curious as to where ya take it.. keep it up!

Your pencil stuff is really good and the Newborn WIP looks great. Just an idea: perhaps the Newborn could be paler--he hasn't seen the sun throughout his existence. That could also easily distinguish him from the dark background.

Have you seen "The Machinist" with Christian Bale? He lost 60+ pounds for the role, your Newborn reminds me of the character: http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/u...0/stickman.jpg

Keep it up!

6. Wicked newborn haha 'good mornig' id be like put me back in keep up the goods!

Hi, I like the first greyscale version best. It looks darker and creepier. You lost some of that in the later versions.

And do more studies man!

Ey!
    The Newborn wip is looking great.
    I like the colours your using here.

The blue and red is nice, and the green in the foreground adds just that little extra!
    Good work. And the composition is tight, and there's a great feeling of depth as well.

Here's a couple of crits:

The depth of field going on in the foreground is a cool idea, but as it is now it doesn't work for me. The most subtly blurred insect legs are ok, but the blurred pipe seems kinda wrong. I doesn't feel like it's a part of the picture right now in my opinion. I don't really know how you should fix it. Perhaps make the blur less subtle, or study photos with DoF that you find on the internet perhaps, to get more of a feeling of what it looks like.

Also the anatomy of the guy who is new born is a bit generic.
    I guess people who are "constructed" like this might get a generic kind of anatomy, but I think that if you made him really weak, or really strong, that would bring out more of a dramatic effect. You know.. Weak like in very thin and all ribs and such. Or strong with broader shoulders and more muscles. At the moment he looks pretty thin, but he's got muscle as well, so I'm not really sure what is going on.

This is last one is really more of a personal opinion than a real crit though.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to see this one finished.

My57: Glad you like, and thank you for the crit!

Onir: Thanks! I tried as best I could to get a good seperation, so I'm stoked it worked! Need to do more illustrations.. hehe.. they're fun!

YihyoungLi: Hey! No.. haven't seen the film.. guess I'm gonna have to now! I heard that he was advised not to go so extreme by a doctor while filming that thing, though... haha.. Thanks for the suggestion on the Newborn

Spect: Thanks homie! Always in here.. hehe.. YOU RRROOOOCCCKKK

zelda_geek: Yep.. totally right.. I need to do more studies... I'll pick it up and post soon! Thanks for the crit on the Newborn piece!

Shin: Damn... you really sat down and thought this one through didn't you? Awesome crit man! Hope everything is good on your side of town Done with that summer gig yet?

Ok.. So I got so many suggestions from people not only on here, that the grey scale was way more creepy, so I went for a monochromatic with a kicker for the final.. I'm gonna brush up some more on this thing at some point, but this is what I got in as a final for the competition.. Got a new gig as well I moving into a new apartment while doing this, so I was spread a little thin a while there.. haha..

Name:  Newborn_dCepT_final_w.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  131.4 KB

dCepT

i would have darkened the foreground even more on the left, and also right now since there is a equal amt of rendering between the two chars, my eye actually kind of goes thru them to the very background. i might add some glow or hazy smoke to the bug bot so that the guy has more focus.

great tho, good luck

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    --------------------------------
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Hey man! THe newborn concept is mint! But do more subtle colours, it is a little to gray and brown now.

-E

Hey guys! Too long since I've posted, as usual, but here are a couple of monkeys to make up for it

Name:  samoorai_monkee_flat.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  45.2 KB

Name:  ChIamp.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  84.4 KB

Hope you guys like 'em!

dC

Nice update! The samurai hairstyle is unusual, but the highlights are spot on.

The skintones could be a more consistent. In some areas, the shadows are dull; but there are also very saturated parts--like his forehead. He seems to have been out in the sun for too long. Also, it's not so apparent, but his head shape is strange; notice the area between the bottom of the ear and the black clothing. I believe he's missing some neck/hair over there.

The pose in the second is convincing and the expression is great--I wouldn't want to mess with him. The shadow is a good addition: it really plants him in the space. These are really minor details: The right forearm's shape could be more informative as it's rotation; it doesn't really connect with the hand well I think. Also, it's kinda difficult to tell the pant's texture.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: 52 pages yeah!

don't neglect the ear

i love the style of the last painting

www.emilysu.net
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

YihyoungLi: Thank you for a really good set of crits! I'll definately have a look at 'em!

hp: Yeah.. I've been hearing about that ear.. hehe.. Rework comin' up!

Right.. so I did a couple of light/color/composition studies from movie stills this weekend.. trying to get outta what I usually do. Noted on 'em which movies they're from I tried to keep it very loose and not fall into my usual render-whoring.. I'll do more of these and try to strike a balance between loose and rendered somewhere.. we'll see where this ends up My definate favourite of these is the one after "From Hell".. Seems the implied detail is sorta working there.. The knife (yeah, the blob in the guy in the foreground's hand ) could probably be better defined in order to get the point across a bit more.. as well as the chair she's sitting in sorta reads as her leg in between 'em there.. So I shoulda rendered some more there, perhaps..

Thoughts, crits and such are very welcome!

Name:  BourneID.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  65.2 KB

Name:  IamLegend1.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  IamLegend2.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  77.8 KB

Name:  FromHell1.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  46.2 KB

dC

Ah thought I had this subscribed; was wondering why it wasn't popping up on my list... fixed either way! hehe great updates man, really strong work. I love this one, great pose and the technique works really well for it (love the Champ/Chimp thing as well hehe). These movie studies are looking really good as well, nice color and contrast as well as a very solid feel to each character.

Not a whole lot I can see to crit; the knife, as you mentioned, is a little wonky but I'm sure that'd be a pretty quick fix. Otherwise I'd say you might want to try to use a bigger brush to block in larger areas, reduce the amount of brush strokes you use a little. You did say these were meant to be looser though, so that might not be helpful in the end hehe... either way just keep it up!

Onir: Thanks! Yeah, I'm trying out some new ideas.. hehe.. But a bigger brush is probably good I tend to pick at stuff.. hehe..

So I tried a little zBrush today.. got a buddy who is a 3D modeller who's been bugging me about doing some zbrush.. haha.. I made a very rough model and painted on top of it.. Definately a different approach to character design.. Here's the result of my fumbling about today

Name:  Nightmare.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  114.8 KB

dC

Did another quick movie study last night.. from Interview with the Vampire. I've only used a "/" shaped brush with tilt sensitivity and opacity to pressure.. I'm thinking maybe I should bring a soft brush into the equation to get more control over the edges and the rendering. Just put down a few strokes with a soft brush at the end.. These studies are supposed to be fast, but they can be better while still being fast

Name:  InterviewWVampire.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  70.6 KB

dC

Some cool stuff in here. The Heavy Attack Crab is seriously awesome... worth the admission fee alone. Also really liking how you are using Artrage, and your pencils are nice too. But where are the DS speedies you promised? I linked here from the setup thread.

You seem to be pushing in all areas so I don't really know what to crit, although I did notice that some of your more finished pieces that feature figures loose a little definition. The different masses tend to become more generic and lumpy? The new zBrush paintover, on the other hand, retains the nice structure, so maybe doing a few more would help the memory retain?

"You have a taste for drawing - I trust it will improve." - Melmoth, The Wanderer

Sketchbook
    Blog

Munin Raven: Thank you for the kind words, and the good crit! Really appreciate it! And I've yet to empty the DS card for my crappy DS sketches.. haha.. thanks for the kick in the ass! Good think you're keeping me to my word

Sorry for spamming today.. little in-between study at work today.. from Benjamin Button this time.. I could not get the colors to sit well.. Can't win 'em all, I guess.. Wil be doing more of these! There's a lot to learn from it.. and I'll spend some more time on the next few I think.. try to get some more out of 'em than I already do

Like I said though.. this was an in-betweener at work, so I couldn't sit and indulge for too long.. haha..

Name:  BenjaminButton.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  45.4 KB

dC

wow I like that zbrush piece! the pose, colors, and textures all work really well; quite the creepy monster haha movie stills are looking great, especially since you're doing them pretty quickly. shapes are legible and you're getting atmosphere nicely in both pieces. not a whole lot I can see to crit, but I see a bit of soft edge brush in the benjamin button piece and I think it's working well. either way keep at it!

WICKED UPDATES an even when im not in here im always here mmmwwWWWHHHAAAHHAAA

Glad to see these great studies! The "From Hell" study is really nice. Overall, your colors and values are convincing, but some planes could be clearer. The shirt sleeve in the Benjamin Button screen is kinda vague; it's hard to tell what's going on there. I think more definitive brush marks could help out, or cell-shading to a certain degree.

Keep it up!

The movie still studies are a great idea I might have to try my hand at those!! Very cool man keep cranking out the work you have come a very long ways!!

ok i thought i commented but i guess i didn't ^^ i would bring back some of the sculpted texture on your zbrush char. on your movie studies i think you could use some more saturated colors in certain areas to make em pop. you're on a roll dude, keep posting

www.emilysu.net
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Yo dude ! What's up ! Your movies studies looks cool, values are good, but maybe you should more work on edges, i think it's the biggest weakness in your stuff ! So keep it up !

Hey guys! Wow! Lotsa replies! Thank you so much!

Onir, hp, YihyoungLi, Walid D: Really good crits and advice! Thanks a bunch!

Granny, Ashrumm: Thanks guys! You RRROCCCKK!!

I'll write proper replies tomorrow! Just got a collegue over here.. we're gonna work on a little side project we got goin' so I gotta be quick Sorry!

I'll swing by all of you guys' SB's tomorrow and return the crits and comments and asspats!

'nother study.. from "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" this time.. Spent a little more time on it to define areas a little more.. so they're not left hangin' in "couple-of-brushstrokes-land"

Name:  Wolverine.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  71.7 KB

Also added some ramblings on the frame.. if it's any interesting to any of you, I'll include these as well in the future
    Name:  Wolverine_annoted.jpg
Views: 2621
Size:  126.1 KB

dC

Nice updates, seems like you're progressing well The Zbrush experiment looks nice, and keep doing those captures, I used to them myself and as more people seems to get back into them again, I keep thinking I should them again myself. Keep at it!

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

hey, looks great! really got the expression, the pose, and the moistness! lol only crit I have is that the top of his head (his forehead area I guess) is flattening out a bit, I guess because of the hard edges along his temples. it is really tough since his hair is dark and it's on a dark background, but you definitely did a great job with it. keep at it!

Meeeeen! Because of your speedpaint I wanna read again "Interview with the vampire", definetly I'm gonna watch in the first free ocassion.

nice work on Wolverine!

ooohh... i make an overpaint at your work, hope this will help you take this artwork to the next level.

cheers

Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice update. The color and lighting seem spot on--very convincing. I don't mean the sketch has to be more detailed, but the shapes of your brushstrokes could be more informative. The chest/pectoral area and the trapezius are vague/muddy; perhaps simplifying the shapes.

Gogogo!

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3