Page 48 of 105 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: d-CepTs doodles

Thanks
    personally, I really like your pencil work. It's shown a definite improvement since you started, and you're still improving fast. One thing I'd say you should try is to vary your technique. If you're sweeping with your wrist instead of your elbow, try an underhanded pencil technique. Try adding in tons of tentacles and teeth. Try drawing some cute bunny thing. New stuff will make your old stuff better.

by the by, are you attending montreal?
    Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Carnifex: Yeah I know... That's why I gotta think 'em through a little... Push it further.. THe smudging was both unintentional and not... I totally lost feeling with it, and I smudged some parts as I didn't have my eraser handy... and it just turned out like crap... hehe.

Pesmerga: Thanks.. and yeah.... she's hella nice! But then I would be biased.

Badger: Good points! I shall paint some more on it now!

panda: Thanks for your suggestions! Appreciate it! I don't think I'll be attending Montreal... I'll be going for Florence... you going there?

Storyboards... WIP, and photoshop fucked up my values and added some wierdass artifacts when I saved it... but nonetheless... hit me with your crits! I'll post a better version when I get it more polished without the stupidass artifacts...

BTW: If this image is way too large, I'll downsize it... but it'll loose a lot of info if I do... I think...

d-CepTs doodles

thanks for dropping in, guys!

d-C
    Last edited by dCepT; March 1st, 2006 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks
    cool SB, loads of variety; life, character, enviros, & more.

I really like the depth you get in your pencil stuff and that portrait of your gf is gorgeous.

Thanks

Thanks
    What i really like at this forum is to watch a dude's progres trough his drawings. I like to see the first drawings than the last ones to see if there is any improvement, and then i scroll trough the rest of the page.

Looking at this SB i have a very nice feeling...to see such a progress. Keep it up, i really like this stuff.
    Check put my schetchbook if you please
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61551

Thanks
    On the first panel of the storyboard be mindful that line direction sculpts how the eye sees an object within planes of perspective. IE, slant the lines, cause it's not directly readable as an above shot.
    12th panel is hard to fit in the story.
    Otherwise really good emotion, i love the car interior, really nice suggested marks. Oh and on the 7th and 8th define the horizon line before i cry.
    Nice progress on the lady! I love those little cast shadows!
    See what shadows you can add to the hair to make it less hat like.
    Good stuff though mate, your dedication is astounding.
    -B-

Thanks
    Florence? they already know the place for the next one? JEEZ, they're really shooting along on this thing.... how do I find out about all of this? How do YOU find out about all of this?
    Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    Hey,

good updates here! With the storyboard, i think that number 1 isn't really obvious. I had to go to number 11 to find out what that pic was trying to show me. Hope you understand, and i hope i wasnt too harsh! But i like the "assassin-woman" !!

Keep it up dude!

Qxzi 8)

Thanks
    Hey man, just wanted to show some respec'! More digi work? Dayam. Good idea with the assassin woman, just one little bitty crit, her head seems like it's going to fall off. The size of her hair combined with her head makes it seem a little weighty, like how the neck is a little thin. But other then that, things looking good. I like the hand holding the knife; the green glow is a nice effect. Keep it up Ceptzord, we're watching.

Thanks
    love the pic where you painted your girlfrinde realy nice heard alot about you from pencilator and now i can see what hes saying is ture nice work love it *huge*
    if i have C&C your work it should be most polite to C&C my work that would make me very happy

Lookys work

Thanks
    T-raktor: Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words!

Badger: Heh... Dedication... I feel like I'm slackin' my ass off these days... thanks for the crits! Nice to get a fresh eye! I'll try to get an update up tomorrow on the storyboards.

panda: There's a sub-forum called "workshop" or something... it's in there.

Qxzi: Nonono... definately not too harsh! I don't know too much about storyboarding... have to find a balance between what's necessary to put in there, and what I can leave out... speed vs. rendering stuff out... Appreciate your comments! Glad you like the assassin woman..heh

Zord: Thanks man! Glad I'm being watched.. hehe... appreciate the crit! I'll try toning down her hair a bit and I'll see how it looks...

looky: Ya have, have ya.. hehe... Dude... you coming to any of the sketchmeets? Check out the scandinavia thread... Glad you like my stuff!

Some papers... I got me a brushpen... I don't know what the heck I'm doing with it, but it's fun to play with..hehe... I'm guessing you'll see more of that stuff... Diggin' on the way it feels.

The pencil at the bottom is a WIP... study of a Gerôme-piece... I'll keep you updated on it as I go along.

d-CepTs doodles

d-CepTs doodles

d-CepTs doodles

d-CepTs doodles

thanks for dropping by guys, I really appreciate it!

d-C

Thanks
    A little Sandmanpic? Appreciated!

What I began to think about concerning the assassin is her expression. It makes me wonder why she looks...hm, in lack of other words - stoned.
    Her motif would be more clear if you turned her eyes towards the victim, 'cause I believe it's one of the guests in the ball-area(?)
    Right now she looks surprised by swallowing something she shouldn't have.

Anyway, nice update I look forward to next one.
    But I'm le tired...

Lunch's Boiling Stew

Thanks
    good updates keep going

good night
    My sketchbook flawed to the max page 5
    Ps:Hope you understand my English.
    Remember my advices taste best with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Hey, Fredrik how are ya doing? Been a while since you showed up on msn....

/Jerk mode on.
    I'm sorry, but your post has been bugging me lately. The digital medium will NOT make your art look better if you don't know the basics and have some control over your values. Sure, Hurri has got some pretty crude scetches and his digitals kinda makes up for it, but following his 'ways' won't make you look better. You seem to have fun - and fun is fundamental - but if you choose to stay at one point, you will be stuck there untill you move on. (Duh!) I don't know how far you want to go with your art, you sure have improved over the year, i don't know if you post everything, but I think you can go faster. It's not stressful, it just requires more work and some healthy frustration.

Right now your figures are flat and disconnected, you make assumptions on how the anatomy might look without researching, your heads needs alot of work (construction, proportions, modeling of the features etc.), hands, feet, line quality (imho has more to do with observation than anything), well, you get the picture. And try to work those values in properly as well. I know you can do it well, that charchoal SP looked pretty good. Dare to overwork and ruin some drawings. You may hate the results, but the experience gained is well worth it. I can sit for hours and render, tweak, curse and whine and an hour after finnishing it, i can pick it up again and realize there is alot of work left to do.
    /jerk mode off.....i think..

Good luck with that Gerôme study. One thing I have learned from doing master studies, is to get the proportions right. This is the hardest par for me, as it doesn't show any pretty results before the rendering is applied, and well, it's hard and aggrivating to get those subtle lines correct. It saves you alot of trouble later on, though. Remember to work in layers when you render. Drawing with the side of the pencil wil help you cover big spaces quick, but you'll have to apply a cleaner layer to make it consistent enough. And whatch out for those edges. There is alot of hard edges in the study right now and they only reinforce the flatness.

Well, that's it for tonight. I hope I pissed you off...at least a little Good night!
    Last edited by AndreasM; March 7th, 2006 at 06:18 PM.
    Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Good to see that you are not geting fat on the lazy side.
    Keep producing. Like those storyboards...chalk rules!

Page 48 of 105 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 ... LastLast