Sketchbook: d-CepTs doodles - Page 46

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1577

Thread: d-CepTs doodles

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man. Don't have much in the way of crits for you today, because most of your stuff is looking damn good. So mostly just saying hi.

All right, my one critique (and I'm actually trying really hard to restart my critiquing neurons here) is proportions on faces, where your foreheads are frequently too short. Check that the eyes are halfway between the chin and the top of the head. It doesn't matter so much on the monsters but it'd make the babes look better

I'm loving the textures on the recent digital stuff.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maxetormer: On it! Thanks for dropping by, man!

Radio24: Thanks! Glad you like! Dropped by your corner in return.

katinki: Appreciate the compliments! Glad you like the chimp.. I like him too.. hehe..

TheGnoll: Yeah... I should totally get a bit more wild with the markers... I'd been neglecting them for a long time, so I was just messin' around with them.. hehe.. Also I've gotten Al.Chemy for a digital version of generating weird shapes.. Thanks for the push!

Hurricane: Dood! Congratulations on your firstborn! Hope you guys are well! Thanks for the (always) on point crits! I'll definately take it to heart! Expect planestudies in the near future... Good kick in the ass

Carnifex: Thanks man.. glad to hear your opinions! I'll see if I noodle more on it!

max1975: Yo! Long time Dropped by your SB, and you're crankin' shit out I left a little request in there... hehe... thanks for the crit... I know... my faces need work... I'll definately keep it in mind!

Couple of warmups... Got more digistuff lying on the computer at home.. I'll post those soon as well.

Okok... another chimp... but chimps are cool
    Name:  MobMonkey2_w.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  54.3 KB

Tried thinking with a limited valuerange here... all done with an impractically big round hard brush, size to pressure.
    Reffed pose and whatnot, and I added some details I thought would be cool.
    Name:  Gunchick_w.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  47.6 KB

I've started a tentative sculpting thing with Slash as well... I'm doing a bust, and he went haywire and is going for a full figure thing.. crazy mo'fo'... expect updates with traditional modelling soon as well (just throwing it out there as a means to kick my own ass into pushing it to a finish... haha)

dC

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I really like these bug creatures you did recently: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...2&d=1219417221
    It would be nice to see some of those or some new ones worked up digitally, in full color. Great sketchbook overall. It shows a lot of improvement. cheers'

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow great sketchbook pages, man. seems like you're bursting with ideas.
    I think the train turned out perfect. very nice texture and great sense of space.
    the chimps are great as well. I prefer the first one though. the pose has a lot of energy. second looks too stiff for my taste which might be because the upper body and the face are completely sideview. also I'd say the rough rendering in the jumping one works better than the halftones in the new one, they they look like pasted lateron.
    it's just a thought.
    anyway great pencilsketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Fredrik. Nice to see such a big workload from you. Damn. You've developed. Doing all kind of crazy things. And you really know how to do production work.

And as for the face problem, maybe I can add 2 cents. The biggest problem with the planes are often when you're doing 3/4 faces. Try to use the cheekbones as direction for perspective. Beacuse it looks like you end the furthest away part to soon, and sometimes take them to far. I recommend hurris suggestion with doing an overlay drawing.

So when do I get to see you again? Coming to Gothenburg soon?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello there, really good work here!
    Only critique could be maybe you could try softer pencil and draw some lines darker and use shadowing with more confidence, like less lines and more darker lines... hard to explain but maybe you see what im looking here

keep up the good work, mister

MY SKETCHBOOK IN BIG LETTERS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=116474
    COMPLETE LIST OF THE FORGOTTEN SKETCHBOOKS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1992378

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ArtZealot: Thanks dude! Glad you like 'em! I was having fun with those bugs... maybe I'll do a couple of 'em in color!

monotony: Yeah... well.. the halftones *were* kinda slapped on after.. hehe... So good call Glad you like my shit!

Pencilator: Thanks for the pointed crit, bro! Been trying to keep an eye on my planes! I hope I'll make it over to gothenburg sometime soon... would be awesome to hang out before the winter sinks its talons in us How's your legs, btw? That infammation totally gone? Maybe we could do some parkour?

Nettle_Mountain: Thanks for the crit! I totally suck at thinking clearly in lines... I should so get away from my renderwhoring and do some clean lines. Thanks for the kick in the ass

Some sketchies and a couple of digis as well... The chick with horns is a collabo with my and Slash... did a pass-the-wacom-session at a gaming conference in Oslo.

Name:  06100801.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  06100802.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  91.7 KB

Name:  06100803.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  79.1 KB

Name:  06100804.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  77.6 KB

Had my girlfriend do some shapes with a copic marker... then I put some lines on there... just havin' some random fun
    Name:  06100805.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  76.0 KB

Name:  06100806.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:  Munny.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  66.5 KB

Name:  Warrior.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  83.1 KB

Name:  Flying_creature.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  110.1 KB

Collabo dCepT and Slash
    Name:  hanne4.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  46.9 KB

dC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great update, really like the last one. One thing about the pencils, get some real good quality pencils and don't be afraid to go dark. In some of your sketches 50% grey is the darkest you get, that results in lack of depth. But you're improving

Great SB, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    zelda geek: Yo! Takk for at du stikker innom av og til Appreciate the thoughts on the pencils! I'm lazy with my pencils, unfortunately... I use only a .7 mech with HB lead... I'll try to pressure myself into using regular pencils with diffferent hardness Thanks for the kick in the ass!

Right.. couple of work-related speedies today... Just for some in house stuff... The logo is in blues and a bit of purple, so my only direction was use those colors, and the width height ratio I've used. Might be decided to put something like these on the backs of our cards. I had fun with 'em! (Especially with the monster one, but hey... it's a monster, right? Also the first one acted as sort of a warmup, so I was a lot looser with the second one) The 3d logo there is the company logo.. I did a quick 3d model of the regular 2D one that we've been using for various purposes since.. and now, it's a floaty iconic thingamajig.

Name:  DFOG_Techscene.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  DFOG_Creature.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  78.8 KB

Thanks for lookin' guys!

dC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, of course we're going to do some free-running when you come over. Damn an inflamations not gonna stop me. (Think it passed though.)

Damn you had visit by Björn and Edite, lucky bastard. Hope they were nice to you

cool that you went through the planes of the face. Know what you should do, find a cast of a head or something similar. And do drawings all around, analyze how the planes and the form changes as you go around the sculpture/cast, and remember that the outline is planes turning away from you. That's why outline describe so much form.

Looking forward to see you again my friend.

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Neet stuff here. Loving the last two you got going

-E

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Je je those would def make for some wicked cool business cards

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hei, thanks for dropping by my SB.

Great color compo in the blue monster speedpaint

Your chimps look awesome. Drawing chimps is something I want to do more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pencilator: Thanks man! Great suggestion! Gotta find a head, somewhere... hm... hit the art stores it seems! Hehe

Mischeviouslittleelf: Thanks dood! Glad you like

maxetormer: Sup' bro! Yeah, I thought something like that might give them a bit more oomph as opposed to a plain ass looking one in off white and text.. jeje...

eparts: Chimps are awesome! Here's another one Glad you like my shit... I'm in Lillestrøm right outside of Oslo... There are a few concept artists in the area.... we should meet up for sketching and possibly a couple of beers! Slash, Al-X, SiggE and myself are in or nearby Oslo at least

'nother chimp.. post more soooooon!

Name:  VocalChimp.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  55.9 KB

dC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    chimpalisiscious duder!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kidult: got more chimps brewin'... hehe... glad ya like!

maeshanne: Thanks!

Illustration this time... Made the monster concept first, and then I went for it in a scene. Comments/crits are very welcome! I'll probably be noodling a bit more on the scene though... I got some very good crits from Hurricane (thanks man!)

Name:  Chthulhu_worm2.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  54.0 KB

Name:  OSLO_original_repaint.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  106.7 KB

dC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man!
    Finally got Registered

Like I told you before I really like the alien sucking he`s brain?? image
    But there is something else that slipped my mind right now..
    The Eyes on the creature looks kind of "slack" like he has smoked to much and is like " oh man, Im so lost man, oh man I just wanna go home or something. "
    Maybe if you make he`s eyes more open and have that killer "eyes" ( Im gonna !/&%# eat your brains out !%!%!! ) No that woud be brutal!

And when Im on my war path I aslo want to comment on your buildings XD
    They are much better now, it looks more sharp, but there is something going on at the balcony. I woud like to see it comes more out from the building, like extruded

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    uuuuuuuh skikkelig opplegg det her ass! Mye bra mye bra liker apene, dem er skikkelig kule^^ Lurte på om du bor i nærheten av Oslo, i såfall kan du jo komme inn til byen på søndager og bli med å tegne folk

-E

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More monkeys pls, they are awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That monkey is really slick! the digital with the brain eater, i like it a lot composition-colourvise, only suggestion would try to see if the lighted window should be toned down a bit towards backround and street could go a little further into horizon to add feeling of space

more! good stuff

MY SKETCHBOOK IN BIG LETTERS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=116474
    COMPLETE LIST OF THE FORGOTTEN SKETCHBOOKS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1992378

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice oppdatering med über-shrimp monster i bildet av monsteret alene er jeg litt uenig med skyggen han kaster. Det synes jeg forvirrer helhetsintrykket og gjør det vanskeligere å oppfatte designet.

som Mischeviouslittleelf nevner må du komme til byn på søndager

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dboydesign: thanks for the crits bro! Appreciate it! I trust your eye when it comes to architecture a whole lot more than my own I'll give ya a holler tomorrow! ('bout time you got your ass on here as well There's a 3d section as well... you should check it out! )

Oksenbrutus: Hehehe Glad you like man! There will be more chimps for sure!

Nettle_Mountain: Thanks for the crits on the illo! Definately appreciate it! I'll have a look at that one and noodle some more!

Mischeviouslittleelf: Thanks! Glad you like I'll try to make it in to hang and sketch!

eparts: Takker! God crit Skal sjekke det ut! Back to english... Like I said to Mischevious; I'll definately try to hang out on one of your sketchsessions! Sounds like fun I might drag a couple more CA people along as well!

Right.. mini-update... Three way 1 hour thunderdome, topic: superdeformed marvel character... I kinda went down the KidRobot/Munny road... was a fun ride I did a character that Marko designed for Marvel; Penance.

Name:  SuperdeformedMarvel_final.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  33.3 KB

Hope ya'll like!

dC

Last edited by dCepT; November 8th, 2008 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha,awesome.
    the "hidden in plain sight" pic is probably too yellow-ish overall to pass off as believable ( )...pop some saturation on the things you want to stand out

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Carni: Thanks for your thoughts, man! Always appreciated

Finally got around to scanning a few sketchies... don't do enough pencilwork I'll try to grab myself by the neck and churn out more stuff!

Name:  06110801.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  06110802.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  104.4 KB

Name:  06110803.jpg
Size:  74.0 KB

Name:  06110804.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  71.8 KB

Name:  06110805.jpg
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  06110806.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  89.2 KB

Name:  06110807.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  70.3 KB

Name:  06110808.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  65.4 KB

dC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice pencils, urban-zombie trying to get a ride makes for a good laugh, hehe.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Balle.. lots of new stuff! quit holdin out on me man!

Keep rockin!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Still churning out great stuff, I see

The monster concept rocks, and the setting you put it in was really nice.

Just stopping by to browse, really, no great crits, heh.

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mhh, your progress from scratch to now is truly astonishing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MOAR please

Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1