Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: d-CepTs doodles

Thanks
    I'm totally digging your sketchbook. I see what you mean about being a scribbler your's is taming up though. Nice Job. I love the new color scheme on the ogre orc thingy and the lighting is sweet. I see one thing on the gesture that seems off. I think the way the weight is shifted in his pose makes it seem as if the leg pictured on the right should not be touching the ground. It could be just me.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Looking at your last one I think skapegoat got a point there. To me it looks like his weight is on his right leg and his left as skapegoat says not on the ground. Maybe extend the canvas a little and change the ground going upwards or put in a stone etc or remake the entire leg. Anyway been starting the enviro going very slowly though heh.
    keep going strong
    My sketchbook flawed to the max page 5
    Ps:Hope you understand my English.
    Remember my advices taste best with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Lot of great updates here, I'm so far behind...That colored creature was pretty sweet. Really enjoying the pencil work, especially this one: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...T/30120504.jpg.

The national geographic stuff...I don't understand that dude's hat (helmet?)
    On an unusual design like that, it can be really difficult to convincingly portray the form...I think you gave it a pretty good effort though.

Thanks
    Tigermilk: Thanks for dropping by and for the kick in my ass I need 'em! hehe

Skapegoat: Yeah... the legs have bothered me a bit... trying to shuffle his legs around a bit. Thanks!

Mindflaw: Haha! I need to be gettin' my ass in gear on that enviro myself. Thanks for the crit!

max1975: Thanks for you thoughts and the props! Appreciated! I think my values are messed up on the helmetguy... doesn't seperate the shapes properly.. Also I could've gone for some bolder lines I guess.. I'll keep that in mind!

That fat kid: Hehe... everyone is pointing out shit about those legs... I'm trying to shuffle 'em a bit around.. thanks for pointing it out!

Riight... so I've tried doing something about the legs... just wanted to check with you guys if it looks better now... I suck at doing legs... better do some studies real soon! Also a small sketchpage...

d-CepTs doodles

d-CepTs doodles

peace

d-C

Thanks
    Nice update, I like the second one most,
    Really like it alot actually.

The first one has pretty good lighting.
    Though, What you need to do is to think of how much light that bounch from surface to surface especially when doing that kind of lighting scenario.

or maybe he has killed alot just recently, which made him sweaty?
    That would ofcourse make bounching light more obvious and self explained, always take in concideration what material it is that you are trying to illustrate, and what it's conditions are.

Depth is pretty good to, the facial lighting kills some of it though.
    But I am drawn to the facial area, which is a good thing, that is were the story is told, so I am half part wrong there, imho it is a lighting issue again.

The reflection on the most visible sword is wrong, think of how the surface in hand reflects, studdy the surface in real life.

This is only in my humble opinion,

cheers, and keep postin!

Thanks

‡‡‡‡‡ Masked & Nasty ‡‡‡‡‡

Something very degenerate about this masked dude <> I like it a lot <> normal people scare me

Thanks
    Re: Legs

The bulge of muscle/fat just above the kneecap is convincing, but it looks like it's more sectioned than it should be. There's a line about a third of the way up the thigh that needs to be de-emphasized, I think. Also, the kneecap should maybe be pushed a little more to the inside and should be a bit less circular.

The other problem is going to be tougher to fix. The left leg (his left, our right) looks like it's coming forward, while the right is pointing straight down and supporting the weight. But it looks like the left hip is higher than the right--which means the left leg is too long.

I'm picking nits because you asked for it On the whole (probably because of the lighting and rendering) it's a pretty convincing painting.

Thanks
    YO BROTHA!
    Some great pencils on the last page man. Keep that shit up!
    That waterlope turned out really nice.
    And that drawing of your brother is awesome!

Stay cool bro.

c
    chris steingart

ca sketchbook 2
    blog

Thanks
    Hey ceptty_D, how about doing some of your uber pencil renderings then scannign them in and colouring them from there? Have a play with one, could work.
    Otherwise you are drawing well, and all of it is nicely refreshing and original.
    Keep on cepting.
    Your Favourite woodland animal
    -B-

Thanks
    Petter: Thanks for the indepth crit! Mucho appreciated!

mentler: I know... normal people are creepy! Thanks for the props!

max: Thanks! Awesome crit! Hope it looks better now

csteingart: 'sup!!?? Damn... I've neglected your SB... Drop by soon! Thanks for the kind words, bro!

Badger: Oh yeah... I've got something coming in that respect soon! Been learning a kickass technique! Got the puddnhead-gnomon-dvd for christmas from my brother... he discusses that exact thing in the demo.
    Just let me know if you need some muscle over in the UK hahahah

Right 'o... thanks for the crits and asspats guys!
    Done some more on the orcdude... changed a lot around after seeing you guys' crits and getting a SICK indepth crit from Hurricane, so big up to him! Love ya bro!

d-CepTs doodles

peace

d-C

Thanks
    Looking way better, Fredrik! I think you could do some presice arm studies before you move to the next step. Don't forget how the pecs connects to the humerus, between the deltoid and the bicep. There are some mayor connection and forshortening issues on his right arm...I'll see if I can do a decent paintover tomorrow. Did you look up for anatomy book for those legs?

Anyway, suprisingly better. Later!
    Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Fun concepts. Like your color peices a lot!

Thanks
    Man your definite on the right track with that orcdude. Overall improvement on anamtomy and lighting.
    My sketchbook flawed to the max page 5
    Ps:Hope you understand my English.
    Remember my advices taste best with a grain of salt.

Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast