Sketchbook: d-CepTs doodles - Page 43

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1577

Thread: d-CepTs doodles

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aw, cutie little thing with light on its tail!

Nice updates there, like the bird too. Missing some proper contrast and linework in some of your last though. Keep pushing!

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorknes: Hehe glad you like the newt-thingy... Warmup one morning... hehe... Glad you like, and thanks for the kick in the ass about my pencils!

Few sketchies and digis... Just stuff I've managed to stuff in between... hehe.. Trying out ink and brush as well... the first one is kinda crap, but I like the bottom one My paper gets all curly when I use it, but it's kind of a hassle to have one SB that handles wet media and one for pencils...

Name:  091107.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  84.0 KB

Name:  191107_w.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  85.1 KB Name:  Creative_helmet_w.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  19110702_w.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  95.6 KB

Name:  19110703_w.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  104.9 KB

d-C

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 469 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    looking good man, keep on working!
    at the moment you don't draw through your shapes. Remember that anatomy worhshop in stockholm? you gotta do that shit

first picture, the guys shoulder and shoulder pad is collapsing together, it doesnt really rest ontop of it (or if the shoulder is really flat but i don't see any suggestion of it in the design.)

keep at it and rock on

cheers
    bjorn

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hurricane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking good

minor detail on the cartridges eh take it in Swedish kanske du kan göra en antydan till ett metallband i mitten av patronerna så att de inte ser ut att svävar fritt i luften. men som sagt en liten pyttedetalj bara för att skriva något som jag kan låtsats vara en konstruktiv kritik

keep going

My sketchbook flawed to the max page 5
    Ps:Hope you understand my English.
    Remember my advices taste best with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think the area around the cheeks on your figures gets flattened out a lot. cool inked stuff though...try opening your sketchbook out and gessoing a page, blowdrying it, gessoing the other side, and then after it's dried put a book on it & sand em. it doesn't really take that long to do maybe 10 pages at a time, maybe half an hr, and then you can ink/paint on both sides of a page ^^

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    --------------------------------
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hurricane: Thanks a bunch man! Glad you kicked my ass on that... haha.. I had an issue with the armour as it was, did a warp-edit (cheating... ) and just stuck it back on there without thinking about the underlying structure... hehe... Update on that one below.

Mindflaw: Yup... Added links between the cartridges... hehe... didn't figure anyone would pay that much attention to 'em

hp: Cool tip! Thanks! I'll definately try it out! And I'll watch my cheeks as well... hehe..

Right... a couple of digis... CHoW#99 and an update on the dude from the last post. I'll dig up some more stuff to share... I've been lazy... sorry...

Name:  CHOW#99_dCepT.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  69.6 KB

Name:  091107_redux.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  85.1 KB

Oh... yeah... and a weird monkey...
    Name:  HachiMono.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  82.9 KB

d-C

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey D-Cept, cool updates since my last visit here bro, t's a honnor have you name in my references my friend.

keep posting

cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice improvement! The last image from the post # 1261 is great, you have to finish it!!!
    The last post is awesome too.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like your herald in there.

Hope you're in for the medusa, would like to see what you could whip up there.

I did the herald myself, several times, and the best one I made was like a week after final burning :p

So you're def better on deadlines than me. *lol*

I'l actually really, really like your idea of a medusa though. It seems to be just a little out of your box?

*insert badass moves, hateful words and inspiration critics for luring you even further into medusa queen here*

C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    enthombed: Thanks man I was kinda stoked as well as not feeling worthy when I saw that... hehe...

Jorge Gecov: Dude, I had totally forgotten that one... I'll finish it for sure! Glad you like the new stuff!

Sorknes: Yup! I'm in it I started off on the wrong path... completely... but I'm un-derailed myself and I'll be there for the deadline! *Pulls out the Bruce Lee poses for intimidation*

Right... couple of pictures here... Like I said to Sorky, I went off on a totally wrong path on the Medusa-CHoW... I kinda had this idea of a futuristic hacker suspended in air and hooked up to a machine enabling her to connect directly to the web via a brain feed of something like that, so she could code/hack/whatever they do in the future at the speed of thought..hehe... The machine she's hooked up to is called the medusa-device seeing as how there are a lot of cables connected to her head. Evocative of snakes....blablabla

Then, of course I realized she was supposed to look like a queen... and I'll post the NEW one in the Final Burning thread somewhere around the deadline (Jan 06)

Did a couple of enviros as well... Enviros are very much outside my comfort zone, so I decided I'd give it a whirl... I've tried to keep 'em loose and speedpainty... so they're in between one and two hours both of 'em... It wasn't intentional, but I ended up doing the floaty mountain thing... guess everyone bumps into those at some point

Okeedokee... that was a lotta text... missed hangin' on CA I guess! Hope everyone had a nice christmas! If I don't swing by before new years, I hope you guys have a Creative New Year!!

pics:

Name:  MedusaHacker_web.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  42.6 KB

Name:  FloatingMountains.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  126.7 KB

Name:  Cernunnos_frame_web.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  219.6 KB

d-C

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    getting better mate. I like the ice castle especially.

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey mate. Cool stuff. Like the medusa. The hands and the face works very well. Though I think there is something with the distans between the ribcage and the pelvis. To short. Or maybe not, maybe it's just that the ribcage is to long.

The environments lokk very nice, like the ice castle. I think you could have made it pop a little bit more though. The brush strokes look to much alike the background giving the castle and island to little focus. Maybe taking down the contrast around the castle and background a little.

The last one I think works very well. The simplifying of the foreground is very good, maybe you could give the trees the same threatment.

Take care my friend and kick ass.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to P E N Ricklund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 469 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    great paintings as always!

the ice painting looks great, som more values and smaller brush work would give it that extra boost it deserves!
    same as the forest one... you kinda stop half way through when it comes to the value range... if you'd add a little bit of highlights here and there where it is needed to add focus to texture and focus, it'll do the trick.

cheers buddy and the medusa rocks

BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hurricane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Truly sweet enviros, I agree with hurri some highlights could not hurt
    Gracias for stoping around, your work is chido as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your digital paintings really stand out man. Your CHOW99 entry is fantasy art as it should be. love it

if u ever get the need for a painter buddy either on opencanvas online or doing some speedpainting in msn let me know. Im looking for a painter buddy to go the next step

Cheers man

Mario

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DCept! Cool to see your progress man, its always good to see stuff in chronological order so you can see the development - and working with oil what! I've no idea how to approach oils, and your pieces have turned out really well - do you know of a good resource for how to approach oil painting, or someone on CA who would be good for me to talk to? Alternatively I could put my ass into gear and check out the tutes.... Your characters/sketches have a real mood to them now, as does the digital work you're producing - keep it up man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Medusa hacker's a nice job. That pose is harder to draw than it it looks. The background's kinda flat though if it's a finished piece.

Ice castle is very atmospheric and evocative, but on close inspection is a little weird. The big mass on the left appears to be floating in mid-air--not an impossibility in fantasy illustration of course but I just wonder why it's like that. The tallest, distant masses, on the other hand, really give a sense of colossal scale--well done.

The girl with the bleeding eye sockets is both creepy and beautiful. I feel so bad for her!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wonderful improvements from the start of things to the last page man!

love that medusa hacker idea-so many things you can do gesturaly with those cables as hair. very cool

blessings

- C

the book o sketch thangs -http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=111671

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Medusa hacker = nicey nice.

The last environment there looks good as well, you're definitly approaching something there, and getting better. It still kinda ... gonna do this in norwegian... "ligger litt sånn i bakgrunnen, ingenting springer egentlig frem i øynene..:".... Though. If you understood that at all, I'm having trouble understanding what I myself mean. But I think what Hurri and Pencilator is touching in on is the exact thing I mean.

C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow page 42 is awesome, I love this one: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1189696884

Also looking at these you should enter the new event over at pixelbrush!

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Føkkings førtifire sider...

Haha, you're making me feel like a slacker! I love those environments you posted up there, but i'm gonna have to echo björn and luis' request for some highlights! I also think that you could improve the composition of the ice castle by trimming off some of the right side.

The medusa idea is cool, but you're right, you're sort of missing the "queen" aspect. I saw your new final in the final burning thread, i like it! That hacker medusa image could also have a little better composition, right now it feels like there's a lot of empty space in the bottom and left part of the image.

Actually.. now that i look at it, i really think that ice castle one has potential! Good work! I'd recommend bumping up the value of the ground where the people are standing, to pop them out more. I would also like to see some light bounce back off off the ground and illuminate the underside of the floating rock, right now the blackness flattens it a bit. Give it some reflected light to pop the form. And crop it.. oh nvm i already mentioned that

hmmm.. anything else? Nope, just an asspat for good work!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Slash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    panda: Hey man! Thanks for dropping by! Cool that you think there's progress!

Pencilator: Yeah... was kind of a funny angle... hehe... but it's fun with a challenge! Always good to get outta the comfort zones!
    Speaking of comfortzones and getting out of them, thanks for the pointers on the enviro! I need 'em! I was kinda happy with that one myself, but after seeing the crits, I see a lot that needs to be done!

Hurricane: Thanks bro! Glad you're diggin' on the Medusa! Means a lot! Like I said to Perre, I'm really glad for the pointers on the enviros! I wanna do a bit more of 'em... get a few pieces under the belt... hehe.. I've actually done some more work on the icepiece, like I said on msn, but it's on my laptop, so I'll need to bring that to work for posting... hehe..

maxetormer: Hola Luis! Cómo está 2008 hasta ahora? Ha conseguido nuevos clientes? Thanks for dropping by! Glad you like the new stuff!

marioucci: Hey! Cool that you found my SB! I checked out your stuff, and you've got some sweet looking pieces in there, man! Glad you like my humble offerings..hehe.. Sure I'd like to OC! Can you host though? 'Cause I can't seem to get the hosting to work I've tried the different port thing, but it doesn't seem to work... I can connect fine though!

~stu: Thanks! Glad you like! As for the oils... I haven't posted anything I've done in oils in ages hehe... just finished up a piece, and more are to come... I should totally get those to a photographer... haha... Starting out, I'd recommend you check out the oils tuts on here, experiment on your own... try to stick to limited palettes maybe first, so you don't get caught up in mixing and end up with muddy colors.... get a set of OK brushes, some turp and some linseed oil and paint away Same things apply with form, shadow, light and so on as with digital pieces... Hope to see some oil posts from ya soon!

max1975: Yeah... I kinda did the whole floatymountainfantasytrip there... I've reworked it and I'm gonna post a version with some smaller brushwork etc. after reading the crits I've recieved... maybe it'll read better... I hope it does... hehe... As for the why... uhm... I don't know... I just started slopping some interesting shapes around, and there was a floaty mountain in one of 'em hehe

Charles Ratteray: Thanks for swinging by man! Checked out your SB as well... lots of hella sweet stuff in there! Cool that you like!

Sorknes: Cool! Whaddaya think about the new medusa? I was diggin' on yours1 You've gotten rid of a lot of the muddy rendering you did before! Yeah.. I gotcha on the enviros... hehe.. guess I was being too catious..hehe... enviros, like I said, are outta my comfort zone for sure... so I best get crackin' with some more of 'em, right?

n1va: Appreciate it! Checked out the pixelbrush activity... might do something for it! Thanks for the heads up!

Slash: Slacker...... haha... nah man... I know you paint... you just don't... update as often... hehe... You posted some sweet stuff in your SB as well! Thanks for the thoughts and crits on the medusa and the icecastle, man! A crop and some highlights don't take long, so even a lok inc.'er should be able to update those... haha...

Thank you guys! I really really appreciate the crits and love! I've visited all of you guys' SB's in return!

The new medusa (this one I submitted... hehe) and an update on the shaman-dude from page 43 (post #1261) (fooxoo: you spurred the rework! Thanks! )

d-CepTs doodles

Name:  Shaman_original_w.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  54.4 KB

d-C

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The new medusa is sweet! I liked the pose on the older one, but the execution here is just perfect.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    max1975: Thanks man! Glad you like!

Just a speedpaint for today

Oh... and I put a very simple webpage out now.. you can find it on www.dcept.com

Name:  090108_w.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  60.6 KB

d-C

Last edited by dCepT; January 11th, 2008 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi dCepT

Since I made it my thing to remark on little things that nobody cares about anyway just for fun I'll continue in that tradition

In the green environment the "template"-painting some of the them are pointing down (in the left) which makes it look more like a pile of "leafs" rather than growing plants since the direction of the "root" becomes wrong. The "line" of "leafs" you do on the right I think is good for the composition and depth of the painting but works negative for the realism (even though you have a stylized approach) all in all the leaf-template stuff looks good. Leaving just a tiny bit if the painting on the left subpar to the rest of the painting is just ...

I really like the ice environment. You got a nice feeling to it.

In the last speed painting the nose seems to short.

anyway I just started with acrylics so please visit my sketchbook in a couple of weeks,( when I hopefully got enough up there for people to be able to give advices) and give some advice. Pretty please.

My sketchbook flawed to the max page 5
    Ps:Hope you understand my English.
    Remember my advices taste best with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man ,thanks for posting in my SB Its been a while since I saw your sketchbook and you made awesome progress, keep it up

For crits, in your last speedpainting I think that the nose might just be a bit to small. But it can work as character maybe. Second crit is that the green you used for the dark values might be a bit to saturated, but not to sure about that

I hope to see some new updates soon!

"Master storytellers never explain. They do the hard, painfully creative thing-- they dramatize"

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely! keep updated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OUt of comfort zone = good God knows I've been trying to struggle my way out of mine... and I'm still unsuccessful... *lol*

Sweet new medusa there. More of the queen aspect, but kinda muddy to be you. *pinches dCepT's ego* Keep pushing!

And do more enviros, you're on a good path. The que to everything is to mutlitaltented... or whatever that quote transfers too.

C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mindflaw: Hey man! Always appreciate your thoughts! I used a custom brush and set the direction to pen tilt, so I guess it came out kinda random... hehe... Guess I coulda refined some of 'em to make the illusion stronger... Totally right about the nose Bit too short that one... wanted to exaggerate the mouth a bit, but I guess it didn't turn out too good... oh well... next time...

Duq: Yup... that nose hehe... thanks for your thoughts on the green... Think you're right! I'll definately keep that in mind! Think I hae a tendency to go a bit saturated in my shadow areas...

Nadiamoon: Thanks! Glad you like! You had some nice stuff in your SB as well! Traditional stuff in particular!

Sorknes: Yuh... more enviros coming up soon! I got me the Whit Brachna instructional.. got a few new tricks outta that I want to try out.. hehe.. None in this update though I've got 'em on my laptop... been chillin' out at home doing enviro practice.. hehe..

Aight... thank you guys for replying here! I know I should really keep this thing more updated! I'm a slacker like that

Pencils and digis in no particular order.. Some crap some I like.. guess that's the way it goes

Thanks for looking!

d-C

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuffs mate! I need to pick up the graphite and bust ass!

I gave you my 50 cents on MSN, so i'll just pat your ass in here.

*pat*

Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1