Sketchbook: Memoirs of a sktechbook - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy shit! When I see your anatomy studies i'm actually concidering doing it myself. It's very inspiring.
    I love your lines, they feel very confident!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Uiriamu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Murderotic: Thank you Gotta admit nobody called my lines confident before, you really think so? ^^;

I feel like Iīm trapped in some bad stuff phase, but maybe itīs just because I got a bit more critical of my own work once again - I hope itīs the latter! So I try to draw it away with (educational) fun stuff Hope dies last, right?

Attached Images Attached Images                

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zidartha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    RRRRAHHH HELLO TO Zidartha RAAOOORRSOME LINE WERKS I REALLY ENJOY THE GIRL AN GUY THE FOURTH AN SIXTH DRAWING OF YER LAST UPDATE XDXDXD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @SMILEFACE: asfdgfdsgf All the thanks, man!

Wanted to upload some stuff last week but my browser gave me a warning not to access this site xD And I just feel like stepping up my game major times. I know I still need to work on my anatomy, that why I practice it as often as possible (even during my English classes xD) and I need to learn more about color theory. Any other suggestions? Thatīll be a fun year

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think your stuff is great! I really like the way you sketch. All those lines! I am not sure if it's a good or a bad thing, but it makes your sketches (to me) seem like art works on their own!

On the last two colored ones, on your last update, I feel like there's a proportion issue going on. With the girl, her right arm feels awkward, and flexed. And that maybe her shoulders are too narrow.

Also, I think you should draw an overweight person (male and female?). Not for any particular reason. But, because I think it could be fun!

With the guy, his head seems slightly on the small side, and his arms too short. BUT!! the vein on his inner right forearm, totally nailed it!

-AdrienneRose-

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AdrienneRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @AdrienneRose: Thanks a lot for the feedback! The thing with my lines is I like them, too, but Iīm also not sure if itīs okay to sketch that way or not if I wanna be a professional and good artist one day, damn ^^; And I think I got all the issues you mentioned, gonna keep them in mind next time (and check the related chapters in my anatomy books again!). Drawing an overweight person is noted for the next session, too!

Only a super small update today because Iīve been too busy this week to draw as much as Iīd liked to :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Zidartha View Post
    @AdrienneRose: Thanks a lot for the feedback! The thing with my lines is I like them, too, but Iīm also not sure if itīs okay to sketch that way or not if I wanna be a professional and good artist one day, damn ^^; And I think I got all the issues you mentioned, gonna keep them in mind next time (and check the related chapters in my anatomy books again!). Drawing an overweight person is noted for the next session, too!
    I don't really see how man lines in your sketches matter in the long run. As long as you know which line is your "final" line, so that you could accurately portray what your trying to draw. And, being a professional is in the eye of the beholder right? I think you're coming along fine! There are "professional" artists out there... With less... detail. I mean, you've been to an art museum right?! lol.

-AdrienneRose-

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AdrienneRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I always love seeing construction studies, especially when Bridgman's involved. Have you ever checked out Michael Hampton? He has a tremendous figure drawing book ( I'd even dare to say it's my favorite). My crit of your work has to do with your paintings. Your values need to be addressed, as at the moment they don't describe the forms in your paintings strongly enough to be convincing and are mainly just washes of midtones with no strong contrast (edges also play into this, but once you've addressed your values the edges tend to take care of themselves). When you do a study take the time to address all areas of light and try to think about the forms that you're trying to describe by painting light. Hope that makes sense. Keep it up.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrFrenik For This Useful Post:

Where bears with balalaykas are on the Red Square
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sup. Thanks for the positive feedback man. I see your stuff, and I have some thoughts I'd like to share.

I feel that during your process you at some point fall into rushing details, not solidifying overall construction and shape. I suggest to try and practice silhouette drawing and use of larger strokes in the beginning. Go bold with it, just push the energy and flow of opaque intense colors. Leave the details to the very last stage. Surely you'd better suggest them in the beginning, so overall look works, but render them bit later.

Cheers and keep at it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph Fawkes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @AdrienneRose: Yeah but I still feel so insecure about them, but I feel insecure about everything :/ Damn...totally forget your suggestion to draw overweight people. xD

@MrFrenik: Yeah I know Hamptonīs book, itīs one of my favs, too. I actually planned to jump back to it next xD And I think I get what you mean, Iīm gonna work on that. Thanks a lot for the feedback!

@Seraph Fawkes: Oh yeah, I get what you mean! Iīm gonna do that. Already tried to work with bigger strokes in the one study above and in the 2 in this post, didnīt work out that great yet but Iīm gonna practice it till it does! Thanks for dropping by and giving me feedback!

Fast studies and by fast I mean they took way too long and still look meh....

edit: If thereīs anything else I need to work on please tell me I want to get better and apply for some jobs this year

Last edited by Zidartha; January 15th, 2013 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your skin tones are looking really nice!

Can't wait to see your fat person. I'll be waiting!

-AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The lines on your anatomy drawings are superb. Really great work!

Free for commissioned work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @AdrienneRose: Damn goldfish brain, forgot to draw overweight persons again xD But Iīve found one reference picture of an overweight person in one of my folders so I did at least that one plus 2 from mind

@MeteorCat: asfhsdfj thank you!

Some studies and practices from the last days, mostly repetition because I have a goldfish brain, tried to keep in mind what you guys above told me...tried, tried really hard.... :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great - i like your linework in your sketches makes them look "alive".

Also i realy realy like your colours. Do you use some special swatches? Or do you mix them by yourself?

Cheers

21. The Following User Says Thank You to w0rmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    w0rmy: Thanks I use Rahllīs skin tone swatches and some other swatch collection that I canīt remember atm, and I collected a bunch of colors myself from photos or paintings that I liked

Tried to do some character variation sheets things ( how are they actually called again? Damn goldfish brain!!), all work in progress. Plus some legs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 1