Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Portfolio review/feedback

Thanks
    i agree with all of you
    but what i meant by i didnt have enough time to draw them is, it was in a session that i had to draw something very fast and i posted them because i think i did a job in drawing something like that in less than 30 mins

and about the style, or the name..well this is my personality, i wanted to inflect that in my website because it is mine,, and i think it oes show that besides creepy twisted things, i can do more like you said the animals for example

im not an animator, i do have an animation reel , yes , but if you read my bio then you will see that i am not an animator , just a modeller because i do not think i am a good animator to be honest..
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted_mind View Post
    and about the style, or the name..well this is my personality, i wanted to inflect that in my website because it is mine,, and i think it oes show that besides creepy twisted things, i can do more like you said the animals for example
    You said in your first post that you are looking for your first job and you want that to be in the games industry. For a first job they really aren't looking for you to have a really distinct personality. They just want to know that you have the skills to do what they want you to do.

So only put in your very best work, and leave out work that is a personal exploration of your dreams or etc. You've been given really good advice above by people working in the field you want to be in. Take it.

Thanks
    i appriciate your help , thank you

there is one more thing , do i keep my drawings in sections like they are now? or put them all together in one gallery?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted_mind View Post
    there is one more thing , do i keep my drawings in sections like they are now? or put them all together in one gallery?
    Well, at least try to lessen the clicks needed to see the art (two clicks is much, with most professional artists you have art almost immediately visible, at least through thumbnails) and separate them properly. Like why are all the sections under "illustration" when they don't have that much to do with actual illustrations (as in personally I expect to see something like book illustration under that)? Why are the actual stuff you've done for other people under "others" that tells nothing (or at least is pretty damn vague)? What if an employer actually wants to find the art you mention doing in your CV? Don't make it hard to find.
    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    Well, at least try to lessen the clicks needed to see the art (two clicks is much, with most professional artists you have art almost immediately visible, at least through thumbnails) and separate them properly. Like why are all the sections under "illustration" when they don't have that much to do with actual illustrations (as in personally I expect to see something like book illustration under that)? Why are the actual stuff you've done for other people under "others" that tells nothing (or at least is pretty damn vague)? What if an employer actually wants to find the art you mention doing in your CV? Don't make it hard to find.
    to be honest i thought categorizing things will be easier :/
    by (others) i meant things i've done that are not concept art and they are not personal work (by personal i mean something i painted when i had free time)
    they were kind of commissions ..

so i think i should put them all together ??? with seperating the categories you mean??
    im sorry if im asking too much, but i know employers look at how arranged the portfolio is, not only the work...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2