Art: The job hunt underway...

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The job hunt underway...

Hello one and all!

I am a sculptor/protoype artist who used to be (just not practicing, I should say) a stop-motion animator and was wondering if anyone knew of good places to look for studio positions or websites that focus more on employement for sculptors/toy designers/protoype artist, similar to the way AWN(Animation world Network) is for animators. any advice or links would be greatly appreciated (understatement). if it is any help, I live in the LA area, and considering how I cannot yet post images on this website, I can send, to those who are interested, images of my works(JPEG format) so that my caliber may be determined. Thank you one and all!

J

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    we have a nice forum for these post's, you might try your luck there to.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/for...?s=&forumid=13

Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well for full time positions, there is alwways Monster.com, just type in toy sculptor, places like Mattel and Mcfarlane sometimes post positions there, or just contact the various toy companies out there. The smaller companies have contact info and info on submissions. I would try Gentle Giant ,Applause, Sideshow and Mattel since you are in the LA area, they are some of the top of the line companies doing toy sculpture,design, concept and prototype work in the buisiness today, and they are in your area. There is also maquette sculpture and proto, pre viz stuff for the movie/gaming community as well. You are in the heart of sculpt central, it should not take long to land something, but bank on it being more freelance for a while, full times are very difficult to come by, alot of artists are getting "Signed by companies" but that just keeps you from straying from their ballpen. But a great way to guarantee some incoming work.
    Just no benefits.
    Email me at Toxicmama@aol.com and visit our site WWW.Toxicmom.com, Id love to take a gander at your stuff. These days a website is imerative to a good work flow, do get an online portfolio up and get on the search engines, it helps a huge amount to getting work traffic flowing your way.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.