Sketchbook: Buxu┤s Sketchbook - sunrise and sunsets - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Buxu┤s Sketchbook - sunrise and sunsets

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn dude, you're a machine – Aouch man, stop killing me!

For your environment stuff, I'd suggest doing some more photo studies, for those a lacking a little in depth sometimes.
    But what am I telling you? You'll figure it out eventually. You're a damn machine

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent pencil work my friend!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, I really like your pencil drawings. You posted some very nice portraits there.
    You said you wanted to become a better speedpainter. To be honest, I don't think you need to concentrate on speed at all at the moment. Just focus on your fundamental studies and when you become more comfortable with the basics, you can practice speedpaintings and get good results. Push your studies as far as you can

Keep up the hard work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks man for all the kind words in my SB Thought i'd pay you a visit and damn dude, so many updates. I suggest you just keep it up with the current pace and you'll be more than fine! The traditional portraits are dope!!

Work hard!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love all of you guys, i really do, thx for the coments and positive feedback.

Domd: hehe glad you like them

ecki: haha thx alot, you are right, environments are still a great challenge for me, gotta keep practicing, is so hard.

Korzen: pencils are fun

jondawo: woo man, i think you are totally right, i really cant see any kind of emprivement when i do them, i will take my time and go for quiality, sometimes i rush a bit but i will try to be more focused and dont loose patiant, easier said thren done though :/

Uiriamo: work hard too!!!!
    loving your SB

today was not a good day, i couldnt do many progresses as i wanted and got stucked many times did a discover on edges though.

anyway all studies except the fancy rocks and the basic forms grayscale.

(this is the piece i am more happy with, discovered about edges)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2║ pos of today

min yum envis studies of his studies lol, the guy is a monster

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That bleach ost is so awesome! Some random stuff I thought was cool was Samurai Champloo ost playlist on youtube, or on spotify I search game soundtracks like Bastion, or another good ambience sound playlist on spotify, search "ambience" and there is one by Restaurant Music that is pretty cool. Though the album covers of the songs it plays sometimes says sex music on it. Assassins creed or skyrim radio on spotify is pretty nice too. Oh ya I like your still life renderings. Keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kat: glad you like it! thx for the spotify tip, i will try it.

hello if anyone is reading this take a look at the link below, try to answer if you have time, im very intersted in any tip or ideas.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...31#post3769031

Pou is offline PKMN TRAINER- Captured: 12 Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Buuuuxuuuuu ; _____ ; I want to give you advice so much but it's really difficult to think of stuff for youuuuu.
    Just give me some time and I will definitely give you the gold.
    Mmm I think for now, just apply the same advice you gave to me in your artworks and strive for longer finished pieces.
    http://wolfnoom.deviantart.com/art/S...year-374994407 You scare me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Studies of studies... not a bad idea, they look nice! There's a clarity and deftness to the brushwork that's lacking in a lot of your other work, so try to apply that, and maybe do some more master studies in the process. =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    POUUUUU: you saw that?! aww brings back old memories, thx, its a good reminder! and I scare you? you scare me!

Rev: thx i will study you as a master of gestures, have to figure out how you do that so well.

since the last pose i wasnt feeling i was learning so i stopped drawing and went on researches
    and readings for like 2-3 days.
    is funny whenever i stop to draw, when i come back i feel my mind is more fresh somehow...

DUUUUDEEES AND THE MOST IMPORTANT JOIN ME HERE FOR LANDSCAPE STUDY, ITS FUN I PROMISE http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...07#post3770807

self portrait for lvl up thing here on CA
    (original)

(retouched)

fast gestures, too fast for me, i will take more time next time

environment study and tree study

and personal piece forest thing lol something feels off...

Last edited by Buxu; February 3rd, 2014 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice self portrait – I want to do some low key stuff too one day, looks very fun!

I like your environment study and I think that group-study-thread is a great idea. I don't know when yet, but I'll join you there – It's a shame that it's winter at my place, if it were warmer I would grab my notebook and do something wild!

In your personal piece, I really like the color composition you've used. What I don't like is the value composition. The highest contrast areas of the picture is directly at the edges of the canvas, this somehow pulls my eye to the top right and out of the canvas, You've tried to lead back to the focal point, but somehow the canvas edges just overpower it – I don't know (maybe it's just me). It's also pretty hard to explore the middle of you painting, because those blurry flying things (leafs, birds?) fly right up in your face It's a little scary. I think you would do fine if you decreased the size of the flying things, decreased the contrast of the edges and increased the contrast on the focal point+ add some more detail there. Other then that, I really love your brushwork and the subtle hue shifts in your painting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice progress Buxu, the last self portrait is very good. Ecki made some good points so I'll have some critiques for you in the future if I notice anything that jumps out at me.

If you have a moment, Help me improve with critiques. thank you Sketchbook

Awesome Sketchbooks
    nim Mechanical Man King Kostas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ecki: do something wild! dont care if its winter, and join the group whenever you want, i will be there cof cof join now cof
    thx alot for the tips, you are right now, my value compostion sucks, only noticed when you said, gotta study that

TNiznet thx

i had berng working on old sketches to post on my portfolio, i finish the whole thing today but it doesnt seem like a portfolio, is more a sketchbook full of designs and sketches, not very intresting yet http://digestedworlds.carbonmade.com/ but i hope its usefull in case of starvation

here some of the cleans i did and a fix on the blurry things and an envi for the group thing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OHLALA! I haven't been on here but I lurk about xD dammmnnn what nice improvement! that self portrait looks good! nice studies you got here!
    that personal piece has nice things going on there, (I'm bad at critics but I wanna help OTL) but watch the values on it, because when I squint my eyes goes to the bright spot on the tree that's catching light (and since it's a bright spot surrounded by dark values, it's a good contrast making it stand out), I'm not sure if the birds on the branch were suppose to be the focal point, but if they are pump up those value contrast empathize areas you want viewers too see, you have really nice colours but watch the values Orz (I tried) and as usual really like your chara designs, I might join your study group (eventually someday!) it looks fun

SKETCHBOOK
    critiques + feedbacks
    please?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wohooo! Nice self portrait man! Great value which sets the mood, and great sense of form and structure. I had to take a closer look on that birdnest tree picture, because looking at it quickly it comes of as rather abstract, but I like it! Could be just me who has bad eyes i don't know Nevertheless, great work and updates. Also I had a sneak peek in your newly started thread, the environment study group! Super great idÚa, I just wish Cold Ass Sweden was a tad warmer so I could grab my brushes and just paint outside. Digital studies will do, for quite some time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Poring master, yeah your right, ecki told me the same but i kinda feel like going on and do other pieces.
    thx for the kind words, and come join us soon! i miseed you man

Uiriamu: he painitng landscapes ina traditional way? that seems super fun! never tried that kind of stuff with oils and such, but anyway you can do like me, get yyour pc in front of a window and draw whats outside fron the inside ehh... sounds weird...

from life, the first envi from life so hard:

imagination, messing around and testing me in envis:

brush exploration, imagination lol

study

study

Last edited by Buxu; February 7th, 2014 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    STUDIES

IMAGINATION

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fun stuff mate! I like the two last creature/monster designs. Gives me the creeps that I can't tell whether they're friendly or devilishly evil!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha fun stuff is cool, i was thinking on that when i did them, like their creepy but their have this human side too, glad you thought that. also gotta say, i start to do them because of the cow thing i saw on your SB hehe

augh envis are not on my confort zone, its such a strugle, sometimes i fear if i will ever get this right, no joke the envis...

imagination

refs, some from jondawo,others from iain.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice studies here! Your faces are coming along great Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What a great sketchbook! Loving your paintings and the way you do faces!
    Blargh, everywhere I look people are kicking my ass at art! Thanks for that!

I am Othrandir and Othrandir means me.

E-MAIL : NICKOLAYORDANOV@GMAIL.COM

PORTFOLIO

Twitter

Tumblr

CGHub

DA

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the compliment on my work, I appreciate your kindness. Your colours have improved a bit in the last studies, they were a bit murky before, but they are more colourful now =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice studies mate Your faces are coming along nicely, but I feel like you should do some more studies of the skull. The proportion and shape seems to be off in some.
    I really like the value range and the use of color in your latest no-ref painting, but I don't like the composition. It's very symmetrical and there are no real paths for the eye to travel along. Will you develop this painting further? I would love to see that

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey buxu, I think it is a great idea that you stick with black/white value. Understand how all the attributes of light work on all the basic forms like cube, sphere, cone, etc. and you can render anything well. Scott Robertson has a matte rendering series on Gnomon that covers how to render a cube, sphere, and complex forms very well. After you understand that well, you should check out Jeremy Vickery Practical light and color on Gnomon. Both tutorials are extremely good because they actually show real world examples and are done by great teachers which explain things perfectly for somebody starting from scratch and it is all based on science. If you got a gnomon subscription, it doesn't cost much to see it all. There is also a bunch of free alternatives on youtube that teach the exact same thing but they aren't as well organized as the gnomon ones.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stinkypanda: thx pal

Othrandir: yeah i feel the same, lets work on it

AgoKungfoowiz: glad to hear that, thx.

ecki: man you always speak about compoition in such a great way, i have a hard time seeing those things, ah gotta study that
    and yeah my proportions and structure of faces are a big trouble for me (seeing the faces now and yeah, weird structure), gotta work on that too, anyway thx a ton for your advices

Kathleen: heya thx for the recomendations
    actually i have the jeremy thing in my pc but the dvd dont work, im kinda of very poor so i dont have money gor gnomon, its as sad as its sound >.< but i shall find it hehe

emm dont have much to show, i went to see other kind of arts, got impacted though.

firt is personal piece from mind.
    its a tribute to some poets i found at deviant art, they do dark poetry,
    i didnt even knew it was a category, its amazing what those guys do, i like them.
    got influenced by their stuff and end up wanting to try their craft
    after i did mine too,
    anyway, the thing is, first you have a text (poem or wathever) and then you do the image, its very fun.
    and i recomend everyone to put a bit of poetry in their lifes, its art drug.

hm just in case someone wanna see the whole thing its here http://wolfnoom.deviantart.com/art/A...etry-433486572

excercise from mind: do keyhole in a painterly style

envi study, rushed...

face study

Edit: its just me or the interface of CA is changing everyday? i had a bell that showed me notifications and now its gone... i liked the bell...

Last edited by Buxu; February 12th, 2014 at 03:10 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Such beautiful faces and characters! Just browsed your sb from start to this and I must say you have made some awesome progress. Nothing to critique that hasn't been said already, just keep pushing! I'll come back

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, that face to go along with the poetry is fuckin sick. Really creepy mood. Definately caught my eye. Also, you did studies of my studies? mind=blown. haha. Also, the last two face studies are awesome! Keep up the hard work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    minella: thank you alot, i will try my best

jon: thx man, and yeah when i was seeing you faces i couldnt resist and did a few studies hehe

yesterday work, all studie i wanted to do imagination work but then felt sleepy
    come hang out with the study group, i will be there at 14:00 gmt we are still very little but its cool. http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...07#post3770807

brush experiments

and this are to see how other artists break down the figure.

Last edited by Buxu; February 13th, 2014 at 12:43 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketchbook, was fun looking at your progress, you definitely improved a lot. Keep it up and see you around :]

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 229