Sketchbook: Quetz's digital/traditional sketchbook

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks

Quetz's digital/traditional sketchbook

Well here goes nothing...

First off, I tend to have a simplistic and cartoony style whenever I draw something, but I'm also not afraid to try out other styles out there. I'll be posting my "experiments" here from time to time as well as my regular works in progresses.

And second, my choice in tools when creating my digital pieces is rather unconventional since they're all done in Flash using the "line tool" like 90% of the time. I'm not sure whether that's a bad habit or not, but I seem to get by using just those things.

And now on to the meat and potatoes. I've been recently trying to work on spotting my blacks, so I used Link here to test out my progress. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    DA profile

My Sketchbook

"The one thing the world will never have enough of is the outrageous." - Salvador Dali
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Here's one of my recent drawings on DA minus background. Again, I mostly just used the line tool in Flash to get this done. I try to create more stylized facial expressions as well as improve my anatomy (although stylized) and foreshortening than in the past.

DA profile

My Sketchbook

"The one thing the world will never have enough of is the outrageous." - Salvador Dali

Thanks
    Holy crap, your work is incredibly clean! And you're clearly pretty imaginative. Keep it up, experimenting is good.

Sketches!

"The most accurate way to predict the future is to create it." --Andrew WK

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LukeStarkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks alot. As you can tell, I'm pretty new here but all of my other stuff is on my DA profile. Right now though, I'm eyeing one of those bamboo tablets (a Bamboo Create to be exact) so I can start experimenting with digital painting.

DA profile

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    So this here is my attempt at a neck study. I just woke up one day and felt like drawing necks right out of the blue and I don't know why. Anyway, I decided to go all out on the basic technical details so I can better understand the mechanics of the neck.

DA profile

My Sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.