Art: Caitriona's Portfolio

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Caitriona's Portfolio

Hey there!

I'm a recent graduate with a B.F.A in Visual Arts. Feedback is always helpful, I've been a bit timid about posting anything as I'm not a digital artist but any advice is helpful. I've participated in a couple of art shows recently so that's helped boost my confidence, I'd like to expand in the arts industry possibly into character design. I don't do a lot of background work as you may have noticed. Right now I'm working towards my Master's degree, if you have any suggestions or critiques feel free, I'd appreciate it!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'll give you the advice that i give to most of the young people that ask me where to start to learn even if you're not a beginner: learn to see and draw 3D shapes. May sound stupid cause pretty much everyone is able to draw a cube or a cylinder but everyone forgot when drawing that everything in this world is a 3d shape. If you're able to master how lights and shadows works on different 3d surfaces your works will benefit A LOT from this knowledge.

Since i don't know which technique you're using or the career path you want to take i can't suggest you anything more specific right now

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitsu//San For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi cat,

is all your work acrylic or...?

I can tell you right now that ALL character design is done digitally. All design of any kind is done digitally. So if that's what you want to do, then you'll need to buy a wacom tablet and start practicing! However, your traditional skills look mediocre and you should keep practicing life drawing.

I do like some of your work, but it doesn't show a strong grasp of things.

Good luck.

Thanks
    I just want to mention that not ALL design work is done digitally... syd mead and wayne barlowe for instance...

Thanks
    Sure cause if you're producing a movie and you have Syd Mead as a designer you don't care about time and technique, you know that is going to be awesome... he's Syd Mead, he can do whatever he want. But if you are no one and your client want your design today and done you cant tell him that he have to wait till tomorrow cause you're doing the design with a flametrower on a wall or something. You need to be really fast and have a really solid design process in order to use a non digital media today cause with digital media you can do all the revisions you want without redoing your design from scratch, with almost every traditional media you simply can't.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.