new 21ux-dtk problem

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: new 21ux-dtk problem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

new 21ux-dtk problem

I just bought a new 21ux. I tried different backgrounds and no dead or stuck pixels show. I thought to myself, ok your good. however i took a picture of my desk and cintiq for the desk setup thread and i noticed sparkling red pixels over my image. these pixels were not stationary but changed as i scrolled the window. also a red line showed across the screen. so i turned my cintiq off and on again and it stopped. it looked normal again.

however it seems at random i get red blinking pixel on a grey background. turning the cintiq off and on fixes it but not sure why this is happening. is this normal or some kind of graphics card error?

Last edited by Malifer; June 15th, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well I tested some more and pulled up an image that was mostly black and it had shimmering red pixels all over it. if i turn the display off then on while the computer is running it disappears. unfortunately that is bad for the cintiq and shows my cintiq has serious issues. i am not happy that i have to send this thing back its huge...sigh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What graphics card do you have? Have you tried updating your drivers?

[url]http://gizmotweak.com/url]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi I am using both a mac and bootcamp windows. trhe graphics is a gforce 320m. on the mac side drivers are sent automatically so it already has the most updated driver. I updated the drivers to the newest version on my bootcamp partition and still have the problem.

The problem is not there when i use VGA connector on my netbook with amd graphics.

Last edited by Malifer; June 16th, 2012 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you are experiencing the problem with one card but not the other, its unlikely that it is the tablet.

I am assuming that the 320m is a notebook card?

Makes it pretty difficult to swap out and test with another card i imagine.

I don't know though.

Have you tried upgrading the nvidia drivers to the latest beta version as opposed to the release candidate?

Also, i know this may sound stupid but have you looked at the port that you plug into to make sure there isnt a dustbunny sitting in any of the holes?

I use a big box setup and can easily switch out my componenets. I had my 24HD for 2 months then one day it went on the fritz. Turned out I somehow kinked the vga cable without realizing it and it was causing the touchstrip controls at the top to cycle non stop...so after trying everything I switched to the provided dvi cable and problem solved. But i was crying to myself when it happened thinking i was going to have to send the whole thing back.

[url]http://gizmotweak.com/url]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    right now im waiting on a new connector. i have to use a mini display port adapter to hook the dvi up to my mac and i guess they are crap. so im trying a different manufacturer to see if it helps, but it will take a few days to get it.

I also ordered a few other adapters like hdmi to dvi so i can test the cintiq dvi connection on my sisters laptop.

right now im using it with just standard vga connector on the amd graphics netbook since there is no issue.

I have high hopes for the new minidisplay port to dvi connector because all my drawing software is on my mac.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well im not sure if anyone is even following this or cares, but I sent a message to wacom about this.

---- MESSAGE ----
    My cintiq sparkles tons of red pixels on certain shades of grey. these pixels are not stationary but change depending how you scroll. if i turn the display on and off again sometimes it stops. i only see these red flickering pixels on what seems to be a certain shade of grey. i just got my 21ux today is it faulty?

REPLY from WACOM
    ------------
    This could be a problem with the mini display adapter if you are using one. How are you connecting the Cintiq to your Mac? If you are using an Apple mini display adapter I would suggest getting the iAdapt DVI adapter from www.kanexlive.com.

This reply was interesting because i never mentioned a mac or mini display port adapter. i ordered the adapter they suggested and should get it friday. hopefully hes right.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK my kanex adapter came today. It solved my problem. I have no more red shimmering pixels on dark backgrounds. The kanex adapter eliminates a wire and has a slightly different dvi connection on the end then the default apple mini display port to dvi adapter. I believe it might be dvi-d female instead of straight dvi female.The kanex adapter was 12 dollars from amazon vs the 25-30 for the apple. so not only does it work better but its cheaper. If i have time later I will post a pic of the difference in the dvi kanex adapter socket vs the apple if anyone is interested.

woohoo I didnt have to send it back.

Members who have read this thread: 1