Art: Pate5's Portfolio - looking for doing some commisions

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pate5's Portfolio - looking for doing some commisions

Hi,

I'm a student named Pauli Lohi from Finland. I've never studied art in any school, but have always loved drawing and painting. I've lately gotten some pieces finished and decided to build a portfolio of them.

I'd really like to do some freelance work. Book covers, concept art for game studios, illustration or whatever I could get. Do you think I got any chance to get some commisions with this level of skill? I'm talking about some with real payment, so not anything like 10$ a piece but more like 10$ an hour. Please tell me if I have chances, and if not, what to improve! I've tried to find some work at Deviantart before building this portfolio but have been unsuccessful, so I'd like to hear any help.

I'd also love to hear what are my strongest and weakest points from your points of view. Feel free to tell what I should add or what to possibly remove. I already am going to add some character and vehicle sheets to concept section.

Here's the link to my recently finished portfolio website. The website is also designed and programmed by me, so feel free to give me any critique about it too! It's my first website and it uses HTML/CSS + Php.

Link

I will also upload some of the best pieces to this post.

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Last edited by Pate5; June 14th, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Pate5's, How are you?
    I like your use of color light and shade, on the other side the figures drawing look a little too stiff, If you really want improve your skills, I will suggest you to start taking a good anatomy and figure drawing class,
    to improve your body knowledge, and when you feel confident integrate it with a gesture class.
    You starting from a good point and I'm sure that in few months of figure studies your artwork will be stunning.

Have a nice day
    :-)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.