Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Streamjunkie SB

Thanks
    Another small anatomy update
    Destruction is about otherworldy awesome made of consentrated cool.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Today the backside muscles. Paid more attention to sketch out the full figure first so the proportions are much better. Lesson learned! (I hope)

Thanks
    Allright now to the hands.

Having hard time with the faces and tried doing some study on celeb faces and whatnot on digital. Do you think I should stick to greyscale atm and just focus on figuring out the basics. Even on greyscale I often get stuck trying to smooth out some shapes. Thinking about forcing myself to into doing quick studies with either time limits or limiting the size to something small enough to make it impossible to work on details.

Thanks
    Hey,
    nice studys, I appreciate your effort^^
    but there is a problem with loomis' anatomy studys, they don't give you enough overview over the 3-dimensionality of the body and muscles, try to make bridgeman studys, he is also mentioned by loomis in his books, bridgeman studys are great for learning propotions and anatomy, being more plastic than loomis' ones
    visit my Sketchbook!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    @Neyut Thanks! Which one of the Bridgman books would you suggest? Complete guide on drawing from Life looked pretty good.

Here's some more arm muscles. Definitely having little hard time drawing overlapping forms when it comes to anatomy.
    Have already noticed this when I draw figures. I seem to have hard time placing hands and legs if they overlap slightly on places.

Thanks
    yeah the complete guide is good but fat, being the summary of all bridgeman books xD
    i also bought constructive anatomy (...when i didn't know that there was a summary)
    but i am really satisfied with it, because it's really just hardcore anatomy, but the guide is already sufficient and spare you wallet ^^
    visit my Sketchbook!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    @Neyut Allright! Thanks for the advice, I'll get my hands on the complete guide at some point.

First I'll get into what looks to be more juicy part of Loomis. Probably going to skip last of the muscle stuff in this part of the book.

Thanks
    Some figures with refe but I tried to mostly do them from imagination.
    Having lot of problems fitting in the lower portion of the torso. Should probably do some real-life studies or 1min figure drawings focusing on that area.

Thanks
    I missed updates for few days so here's the study stuff I did meanwhile.
    I'm trying to get through Loomis within next 10 days or so before Assembly (big LAN party thing) and then looking to start on Bridgman afterwards. For some reason I feel that Loomis doesn't sit well with me. I was progressing much faster through earlier figure book I looked into, thought that book felt much more basic so I guess it's just that my skills are not up there yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,092 Posts
    Terra artbook landscapes on first page look good. I particularly like how the first one turned out. I do hope you'll eventually take one further into photoshop.

Studies look good. Do you eyedrop any colours? Better not if you do. It slows the process down, but you know.. I tend to eyedrop colours, but from a different image than my reference. Helps me get a varied colour pallet fast.

Keep posting
    Sketchbook - I really appreciate comments and critique, please visit!

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

Thanks
    @BlackDelphin Thanks! I am trying to focus on fuman figure atm but I'm thinking of taking a short break on it after Assembly, so maybe I'll try work on environments for few days then.
    I try not to pick colors from the things I am using as reference because I hear it's a very bad thing to do. I have huge issues with colors and I am aware of it but I'm trying to not get into them now (hence doing things on greyscale) to prevent things from sort of overwhelming me.

Right now I find myself in sort of a slump(?). I know I should be doing figure drawings and I am using quite good tools for this such as http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php
    Problem being that I simply cannot get them to look anything like I want. I'm looking through the figure drawing parts of Loomis' (twisting, rhythm, balance..) and I think I shouldn't copy his drawings because I'll just end up copying and paying attention to his lines instead of the figure.
    I'm sort of lost on how to approach this problem. The timelimit on figures / gestures really gets to me but I'm unsure if I should be working slowly and try to "do things properly" so that the speed would just come with time and experience,
    or "grind it out" with the 30sec - 2minute figures until I learn how to do proper lines that indicate the model as I hoped.
    I'm also trying to stay away from faces when doing these studies for now, simply drawing the contour of them makes me depressed ;/
    Last edited by NotForAll; July 24th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks
    Some quite random updates. I'm close to done with the Loomis' and doing mostly just random fun stuff for about a week for now. I'm thinking about starting to work more and more on faces. I feel It's definitely most important thing to be able to do well and I struggle with them greatly since I feel single out of place line just break them completely.

These are pretty much fan art I guess, couple of heroes from game Dota2. Used referense on Lina.

Oh and there might be a bit of a break on updates, unless I feel I got something worth showing done. Much rather post study stuff than random goofing

Thanks
    Over a week without an update, not happy about that.
    I was thinking about doing some of the environmental stuff but I'm kind of stuck on the faces at the moment, and I have to admit, it's hard

I'm sort of stuck right now feeling that no matter what I draw it looks really bad. I'm determined to study and draw more faces until I feel I got some progress done, otherwise it'll feel like I gave up on them and that can only lead downhill.

One tip I got on female faces is to look into the way comic artists do them.
    Anyone else got any tips on how I should approach drawing faces?

For now another random update, probably looking into the head/face part of Bridgman in the upcoming days now that I got my hands on it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.