Art: I could use some advice for a difficult mograph project using Trapcode Particular

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up I could use some advice for a difficult mograph project using Trapcode Particular

Hey guys!

First of all, this is my first post! So hello to everyone
    My name is Raynor de Groot, I'm a dutch graphic designer and filmmaker. I'm working on a motion graphic at the moment and I'm kinda stuck.

Here's the problem:
    I could use some advice for a difficult mograph project using Trapcode Particular

The problem is illustrated with some images that state the problem more clear than I could do in words.

In short:
    I want to build up different images (using the same animation) from particles which are emitted from the center and are perfectly aligning. Particles need to be the same size.

I hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks,

Raynor

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,634 Times in 3,788 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Can't you use a stencil of the final shape on a different layer?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, that's what i'm going to do. But that's not where the problem lies. The problem lies with the animation. I don't know how to make that. I kan make an animation with the layer grid emitter, but I can't make it emit from the center. Sure, it's possible to animate each cube, but that takes a lot of time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it would be easier for you to this with the Card Dance effect rather than particular. You can create a grid of cubes using shape layer and repeater and then map it on to the Card Dance. Then you can use the animation layer as you gradient map. Then you can animate the scale of your shapes or mask & reveal your shape, and map it on to the X & Y scale of the Card Dance, so you can get the inward and outward animation with perfectly aligned cubes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey arteology. Thanks for your reply! I've begun working with the tips you gave me. Could you maybe give a more detailed description of what I need to do? Maybe describe a bit more clearly wich parameter to animate?

I've never used the repeater and for some reason I can't get it to repeat itself all the way around from the center so that ultimately it fills up the screen.

Also, I'm trying to understand what you are saying a bit better. You are saying this, right:

- Make a shape layer and animate it using a repeater. Do this so it expands from the center
    - Place the CC card whipe effect on that shape layer.
    - Animate the different tiles appearing with an opacity animation from the inside out.

I don't really know how to combine the repeater and card wipe.

A really appreciate your help man!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have created a rough AE file of what i think you are trying to achieve. I hope this is what you are looking for. I guess this will give you a clear idea.
    AE File : http://goo.gl/blzIY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow dude! You are the man. Thanks a lot for helping me out! I was looking days for the thing you just made. Anything I can do in return?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey arteology,

I'm trying to recreate what you made but then within an 1920x1080 composition. For some reason, I can't get the animation to react like I want to. I can't get the cubes to appear like you did. They slide out of eachother (I didn't change anything to the x,y position) instead of appearing one after another. Is there also a way to make the cubes appear faster and in a different shape (for insteance, a heart or a rectangle)?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,
    For a comp of 1920x1080 you might have to recalculate the number of rows and columns in the card dance. Like if you want a cube of size 20x20 to fill in the comp, you have to repeat it 1920/20=96 times horizontally and 1080/20=54 times vertically. Then in the Card dance set the number of rows to 54 and number of columns to 96.
    Also keep the color of the shape you want in the gradient layer to 50% grey(like i did).
    You can just change the shape in the gradient layer to whatever you want(heart or rectangle) and the cubes will map on to that. Just change the speed of animation of that shape to make the cubes appear faster or slower.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh cool thanks! Is it also possible to not only animate the size per cube that appears, but also the opacity?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For some reason, I just can't get the same result as you made. Would you mind making the same thing at a 1920x1080 dimension?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here you go : http://goo.gl/JoR1V

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.