need advice whit hardware pleas !

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

need advice whit hardware pleas !

Im about buying a new pc (I dont live in usa ) and I dotn want to annoy speaking about difference in prices and all but lets say it like this : I need to work ( freelance work) and what in usa cost 300 u$d in my country it cost almost double .
    a friend is going to come and visit me and he said he can bring me some thing from USA. problem is that he cant bring me micro+ mobo+ vga card .. only one of those things.

for Photoshop ( moving and working easy ) whit big files like 2 GB ..files..
    and some 3d working (modeling and rendering) whit modo ,3dmax,zbrush

is the micro more important +mobo more important ?
    ..or I should focus in a good VGA ? ( Im watching amd 7970 or gtx 680 )
    . should I focus in a good micro +mobo instead ? (intel i7 2600k ? maybe ivy ? )

if I go for a good vga my micro options+ mobo are amd fx 8150 or i5 2500k -__-U
    RAM: or its more important more ram ? 16 gb? 24 gb ?
    or should I grab a good vga + some cheap micro and a lot of ram and save for a good micro+mobo (saving more money )to buy it later?

also Im tired to work in a small 19" monitor -__- . so if I go for an i7 2600 , goodbye 24 ips monitor but if I go for fx amd or i5 then maybe I can grab one ips monitor

many thanks in advance!

pd: just in case if someone ask.. yeah I like to play .. but IM not a fanatic XD ..
    also .. when I was watching reviews .. and ivy bridge showed up .. I read that in a year and a half or something it was already ready teh replacement ¨haswell¨ chip .. this mean a new socket, then a new mobo -__-

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    anybody help pleas ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just try to answer...

For Photoshop you need a good CPU (you call that micro) and a lot of RAM.
    For 3D work you need a good mix of everything, but as far as I (!) know, the CPU and RAM is a bit more more important than the GPU ( VGA ).

I would take an average GPU (VGA) and then a good CPU (micro) + as much ram as you can. At least 8-12gb.

With Photoshop CS4 Adobe implented the features of a GPU more, but you still don't need a gamer's graphics card, so better spend the money from an expensive graphics card (GPU) into a better CPU (micro) and RAM

Greetings,
    Pixelwalker

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Depending on how much 3D work you do, a good GPU would be important, if you're trying to get renders out in a certain time frame. If you work at a studio - then they'll be the ones with the powered machines to get it done.

I really haven't found CPU *that* important to illustration, but CPU/GPU/RAM more important combination depending on the 3D work you do.

While there are functions that may help certain brushes in multicore...it's not that big of a deal tbh. RAM has been more important. Having a backup drive I think is just important overall. Make sure you have a place where you can save your work in an alternative location in case something happens.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    waa thanks a lot for your reply's .( sorry for my delay too . I was in a small trip

Pixelwalker.. thank you very much! ..I will consider that .. by the way actually my budget grow up a little bit so now I can spend more D .. Im in between a sandy bridge 2600/2700 or an ivy 3770. theres a chance to move into a core i7 3820 ( 2011 socket) but that s mean a more expensive mobo .. just dont know if is worth ..

Arshes Nei :thanks a lot for your comment! :thumbsup: since Im only studing 3d now and not working .. time is not a big factor .. so going up for a veery expensive top of the high end line of teh intel I7 (2011/x79 ) mobo,micros .. doont worth spending that much .. in the end, now .. Im stuck in between intel i7 those 2600 or ivy 3770 ( for me they are much of the same thing.. not biiiig improvement really there ) or jump to a more expensive mobo /socket but I only can buy now the most cheap of that line, the i7 3820.
    as about ram .. definitely .. I will put 16GB minimum

GPU .. since now I have the chance to buy an 27" ips led monitor .. I definitely would go for nice gpu or AMD 7970 or gtx 680

the only thing its making me think is .. ¨if¨ is a wise move go for that expensive intel i7 mobo+chip .. whit all the future improvements.. or stick whit a more cheap itel i7 chip ... like (ivy /sandy Bridge )

thanks again!

Finn

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.