Thanks

Graphics tablet.

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for graphics tablets. My last one - which I've only had for a year - got broken while we were redecorating.
    I'm used to having a tablet with an 'absolute'* setting as opposed to 'relative'**, so I'd prefer to have one with that capability.

Yeah, so I've done some research, and I'm thinking of getting something a little better quality than my last one, like a Wacom or something. Do those come in A4 sizes?
    To be honest I've only ever bought one tablet and it wasn't particularly good; The pen was apparently put together with Pritt-stick and hope, and the tablet itself developed a dead zone that trapped the cursor so you couldn't move it out.

I've browsed the Wacom site and Amazon, but I know you guys will know more about tablets than me.

Thanks in advance!

*You put the pen in the middle of the tablet, and the cursor goes to the middle of the screen.
    **You lift off with the pen and the cursor stays in the same place on the screen no matter where you put the pen on the tablet.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Don't buy a tablet that's the size of a piece of paper. Unless you usually draw in big arcs it's way too large for what you need.

Learned that the hard way. But I should make it clear that it's due to my own personal habits. It can easily be different for everyone else.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

I've browsed the Wacom site and Amazon, but I know you guys will know more about tablets than me.
    Yes, so much so there's a whole forum for it