Art: Student: Ian Lee Portfolio
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Student: Ian Lee Portfolio

My name is Ian Lee. I am a student studying an MA in Design Practice at Glyndwr University, Wales, Great Britain. The course is quite broad in that we chooses our own focus. I am currently focusing on illustration and concept art. I also have a BA (Hons) Degree in Animation (Specializing in Maya) from the same University.

I am looking to learn Illustration and Concept Art skills as well as learning the fundamental principles of traditional art. I am to become a professional Illustrator and Concept Artist.

Any input and advice to help me reach these goals will be most welcome and much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ian Lee

image date 2012

Name:  IJLeePortfolioPiece8.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  91.8 KB

image date 2012

Name:  IJLeePortfolioPiece1.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  61.1 KB

image date 2012

Name:  IJLeePortfolioPiece5.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  80.1 KB

image date 2012

Name:  IJLeePortfolioPiece2.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  71.8 KB

image date 2010

Name:  IJLeePortfolioPiece7.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  68.3 KB

image date 2010

Name:  IJLeePortfolioPiece6.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  98.3 KB

image date 2011

Name:  IJLeePortfolioPiece9.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  80.5 KB

image date 2011

Name:  IJLeePortfolioPiece3.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  54.2 KB

image date 2012

Name:  IJLeePortfolioPiece4.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  104.7 KB

image date 2012

Name:  IJLeePortfolioPiece10.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  67.3 KB

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Ian,

I confess, I'm not sure why students are coming here for help. You need to ask your instructors for crits and for help. I'm sure you're paying a lot of money for it. Get the most out of it!

But I'll say what I can; work on your hard edges because u really dont have any. The butt crack on that tattood girl is a good example. Why is it a soft edge? Ask yourself carefully, soft or hard edge? Look at how others handle edges.

And your anatomy is weak. I noticed especially the way your heads and necks are constructed. Study more anatomy and draw more from life.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Artfix, thanks for your comments.

The reason I am posting this now is in response to Jason Manleys post about portfolio reviews by professionals, which starts monday as far as I understand it. This seemed like an opportunity not to be missed.

I have some excellent instructors at my University and go to them often about my work. I certainly aim to get the most out of it. But is it possible to have too much good advice?

I can see what you mean about the hard edges. I am more used to oils than digital. Digital is something I am trying to increase. I suspect that is an area that will improve as I gain more experience with the tools. I am not sure I fully agree that I have no hard edges at all though, perhaps just not quite in all the right places yet.

I am constantly aiming to improve my anatomy. When you say heads and necks do you mean the actual features or the underlying muscles and skeletal structure?

Thanks again.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.