Thread: comics....

Thanks

comics....

i just started a comic and it's coming out quite well...i'm only doing this as a hobby ...but if it turn's out really good...then i might get it published or so....maybe not....for a hobby it's good....you know how many comic titles are out there that may be way cooler than mine? well...that's the fact...there are so many damn comics out there that if you make one and publish it..it will hardly sell...until like years later or months then the small comic will get noticed...but you know...making a comic and trying to sell it is pretty complicated and hard to keep up with. also when you don't sell much you know your comic is a goner. another thing is pressure from fans ...fans will always pressure you if you don't do good on a issue or many, so a change in the story can also affect your sales of the comic...like people will no longer read your comic if you made some changes that fans may not like. so those are some reasons why i may not want to publish a comic....the alternate would be just making a website and posting it on the pages as a webcomic...that's much safer and easier to do. like megatokyo, penny-arcade, PVP, bizarre uprising, etc...megatokyo is doing really well...i infact know the guy who made this comic...met him a couple times at comic conventions...In my opinion for a comic to be good and liked by alot of people have, (1)original story, and (2)original style... those two things are what i think makes a comic very good....like HELLBOY for example...that was a great comic...great style and awesome story. there are lot's of good comics...we just have to be original...originallity leads to success. so if you guys got something to say or some opinions when it comes to comic creation.

sooner or later i'll post some comic pages when i have the time...
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

well, until you post some pics of your work on this comic, why dont you tell us a bit about the storyline of your work?

Personnally, I dont know much about comics, but the ones i've seen, which is Hellboy, Mause (jewish mice and nazi cats who kill them), a comic about this worldwar1 veteran that is having a chat with a vietnam veteran, a french dude comics "eau de mortelune"... just amazed me....

i would love to do one, as you, in my free time, but it seems so time consuming, mostly due because the most important aspect in this is creating a good story and characters. the drawing and painting part seems more simpler for me.

later,
    GriNGoLoCo
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    yeah...right now i'm just making rough ideas of how my comic will look so far i completed one page and haven't even scanned it yet.....i already got a character, but there are some problems...like his weaknesses and strenghts....can't come up with one quite yet....i already have the looks of the character and thinking about calling him "JESTER"...is there a comic called that? i just need to make sure....cause there are so many comics out there that one of them may already have the name. ok i'll post the character to show you....he is very risk taking and is very good and adaptative when he get's into fights. kinda like daredevil....but better...so here he is...comics.... there what do you think? for the storyline i've been thinking he could be an ex-lead singer/guitarist of a band and his band was killed by a local criminal mastermind who runs a few buisnesses....(the reason they may have been killed is either the criminal mastermind at his club didn't like them) so yeah he was left all alone and is like "Fuck it all!"...and wants revenge...sound good or just like every other comic out there?

Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Hi, It is quite obvious you are young so your aspirations are quite understandable. This will not get published. The story IS like alot of the bad comics around, I would go as far to say it is the standard of the two paragraph bios that they put on the characters in fighting games. There is nothing particularly wrong with the drawing, it is simply not up to the quality of the comics that you talk about.

I think you should forget about the notion of publishing this and continue drawing for fun.

Thanks
    yeah...i've been thinking about putting this up on my own website soon and having it as a webcomic...and updating weekly. like most webcomic sites...or maybe it would be better to do someone elses comic in my own style...you know....

Thanks

well, your comic idea isnt bad at all.... maybe the artwork you are trying to give it is kinda weird. he doesnt seem like a former rock singer to me.... more like one of the bad ninja dudes from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series..... i suggest you go for a more realistic approach.... check out your favorite bands clothing and stuff like that, and go from there.... realistic I mean Max Payne style, film-noir, shit like that

good luck man! and keep posting those concepts.

later,
    GriNGoLoCo
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    hey...max payne had a great grahpic novel thingy to it..i loved it! well i don't think he will be an ex-bandmember....but i'll come up with something....oh and i'll post my rough page of the comic it still isn't completely done yet....so i'll post it in sketches and ideas if you wanna check it out.

Thanks

no problem man first, before starting to actually make the comic pages I think you should work on character sheets, for your main characters. Normal standing poses.

later,
    GriNGoLoCo

Thanks
    Do your thing Muffinman, yeah the web comic will be a better idea, cause if your going the publishing route it might not work, there are so many comic books out there now, and they are just going to overshadow yours. The story you have is probably close to "The Crow", maybe you can make his story more original something that hasn't been done yet, but i do like the overal design of the character. He can be a priest who hears confession of murderers and at night kill them for their sins.....something like that you know.
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks

wow! now thats a kick ass idea Mr. SokNWett... :p

Thanks
    I think he sounds a tad too similar to the crow...

But hey... thats just my opinion

I agree, a webcomic is a great idea.. That way also has you drawing with set deadlines which in turn should improve your artwork tremendously. Go with that

Thanks
    Gringoloco: Thanks you know I try. :cool:
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25