The Day After Tomorrow Impressions

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Day After Tomorrow Impressions

I just saw this movie and while the scripting was hollywood cheese, the look of the film rocked.

The opening scene, a camera travelling over ice covered land, opened up my eyes to just how strange our weather system is. I saw a range of mountains covered in snow and I couldn't help but think that British Columbia would like that if the coldest part of the Earth decided to situate itself there.

The helis flying by a massive tornado was equally impressive.

The view from space looked unbelievable. Can you imagine being on that station and not being able to see a single piece of land ? Nothing but clouds.

I think this movie did a great job of establishing the scale of a potential tragedy such as this. Granted, the timetable was hollywood to the extreme.

"We thought it would happen to our kids, now we know that it is happening to us, and it'll be over by the end of this storm."

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Re: The Day After Tomorrow Impressions

Originally posted by otherside

I think this movie did a great job of establishing the scale of a potential tragedy such as this. Granted, the timetable was hollywood to the extreme.

I liked this movie alot because of that. I wasn't looking for it to be anything else but a fun movie, and it was.

Ho hum!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Re: Re: The Day After Tomorrow Impressions

Originally posted by Alex Outbreak

I liked this movie alot because of that. I wasn't looking for it to be anything else but a fun movie, and it was.
    Ditto. It's hard to really appreciate all the warnings of global warming and environmental problems just from reading articles. Seeing the scale of what can possibly transpire makes watching the movie very worthwhile despite its numerous flaws.

...+1 exp

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Movie was a blast the whole way through. This movie has intense action sequence after intense action sequence, and all of it is so large scale that it makes you want to drop your jaw in awe. The tornado scene brought a smile to my face, and seeing the effects of the low temperature did the same. It's not the deepest film, and if you try to see how scientifically accurate it is you will just be wasting your time and taking the fun out of it.

-Insert intelligent comment here-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought the effects were cool, although I distinctly remember a closeup where, in the background, there were white buildings in the white snow and it SO obviously looked like 3D render.

It was a fun movie, but nothing amazing, except for the effects. Mm...effects.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I giggled a lot while watching it. Especially watching the frost chase the kids into the fireplace room...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That movie made me very cold. I laughed at the whole wolves part - reminded me of the Velicorapter scene in Jurassic Park. I wouldn't pay money to see this movie (even though I did), the weather effects are nothing new, and the acting was subpar.

Ninjai!
    http://www.opticstudios.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.