Results 1 to 13 of 68
June 4th, 2012 #1
ChOW#291 :: Intergalactic Burlesque QueenCharacter of the Week #291
Intergalactic Burlesque Queen
Design the new Intergalactic Queen of Burlesque!!
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 10th June 8PM GMT+1 (9PM British Summer Time)
Check your timezone!
This week we would like you design a burlesque dancer of intergalactic fame! - there is one twist: they can't be human! So whether it be tantalising tentacles, seductive scales, or a forth eye you just can't take your....eyes off... it's entirely up to you.
- Can be any gender
- Cannot be human (But can be humanoid)
- Think about iconic burlesque visuals, like fans and tassels.
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#290_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow290final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
Last edited by Eofn; June 5th, 2012 at 04:58 AM.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberJune 4th, 2012 #2
Woooo!!!!! I didn't get to finish last weeks, I only got about half way done with it because of work and my temporary addiction to D3 I think I'm over it now. Great topic, can't wait to get started!
June 4th, 2012 #3
So great ! I'm in !
June 4th, 2012 #4Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
- UK, Wales
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My first competition here! I'm in!
June 4th, 2012 #5
June 4th, 2012 #6
June 4th, 2012 #7
lol strange theme. will give it a sketch.
June 5th, 2012 #8
I've been sketching ideas for the last day, have to say trying to avoid obvious ideas and creating something alien whilst at the same time sexually appealing is proving to be quite a challenge
EDIT: This is what I have so far:
I figured not all space faring races will neccesarily breathe oxygen and I think it would be bad business if there wasn't a water queen to please them
She's mostly based off octopuses, some various other water life ideas will probably show up in the dress; although I'm still a bit iffy about using lace designs in water, seems it may be a hinderance. Also with holograms would be pretty useful for decoration since they wouldn't really have any weight or tension in water
Last edited by Tchuk; June 5th, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
June 5th, 2012 #9
June 5th, 2012 #10
June 5th, 2012 #11
June 5th, 2012 #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Work in progress
June 5th, 2012 #13
Really going to try to push my self on this one, making sure the sketch is as good as I can get it first, pose, proportions, etc. I redrew the head like 10 times before I FIIIINALLY got what I wanted. Going to move into digital now. I wanted to stick to mostly humanoid but when I get into actually painting it, there will be a clear difference in species from human. This is just the skeleton of the whole thing.