Art: Animated Music Video (Entheogenic)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Animated Music Video (Entheogenic)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Animated Music Video (Entheogenic)

Hello all,

I just wanted to share something I recently finished:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vV_E4waBZ8

Its an animated music video for a Psychedelic Ambient electornic act, Entheogenic.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn! What a mixed bag of tricks! How long did it take to generate stuff for an over 9 minutes video??
    Be carefull with the clipping. There's nothing more jarring than limbs going trough limbs on characters (6:29). It immediatly breaks suspension of disbelief like a cold shower. Even when you're high..
    Still a bit affected by the video. Whew!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It took me a good 8-9 months with a few crappy computers...
    I totally understand what you mean about clipping. Honestly the project got to a point where I just wanted to finish it and move on!

Looking back now I can see some flaws, but it was a very cool learning experience!

Im glad it has some effect

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey this looks really good mate

Did you use Mandelbrot 3D software to create some of the scenes?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks
    Yes.
    I used both Mandelbulb 3D and Mandelbulber to create the scenes with the 3D fractals.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why the need of hallucinogens when one has videos such as yours!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HuX View Post
    Thanks
    Yes.
    I used both Mandelbulb 3D and Mandelbulber to create the scenes with the 3D fractals.
    A few months back I was very much interested in using Mandelbulb. However other projects have kept me busy since.

Was it difficult to use? Did you feel you had good control over the end result? And did you have to export it straight from that program, or did you load it into another 3D program?

Sorry for all the questions haha! I'm just really curious, as the end result looks really good

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
    Why the need of hallucinogens when one has videos such as yours!
    Thanks

However inadequate, I tried to approximate some of the visual effects and visions that one experiences during Psychedelic states.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    A few months back I was very much interested in using Mandelbulb. However other projects have kept me busy since.

Was it difficult to use? Did you feel you had good control over the end result? And did you have to export it straight from that program, or did you load it into another 3D program?

Sorry for all the questions haha! I'm just really curious, as the end result looks really good
    No problem

Mandelbulb 3D is not that difficult once you get the hang of it, its very much open to experimentation, I had to spend many hundreds of hours playing with the software to get familiar with it and produce some halfway decent results. I never felt I was in total control of the program, its always been somewhat awkward to use, however I know people who have mastered the software and can produce stunning results.

Mandelbulber on the other hand is a nightmare to use, its not very user friendly and not at all interactive, a lot of time and effort must be spent with alot of processing power to explore and manipulate the fractals.

But Its definately worth the effort! The renders mandelbulber produces are quite incredible and lifelike.

I rendered the footage right out of both software, at the moment there is no option to export scenes or meshes for use in 3d software, however I saw a post somewhere, someone would render several different angles of the 3d fractal and then use Autodesk Photofly to produce a 3d mesh, and then use meshlab to optimize and clean up the resulting geometry.

3d fractal software is great for introducing novel and experimental ideas into any video or film project, and a blast to just play with

Members who have read this thread: 1