Dark Angel's Gift

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Dark Angel's Gift

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dark Angel's Gift

Hey everyone. I bounce back and forth, coming and going in these forums, and I realize now that I really need put my nose to the grind stone and work out a lot of my painting flaws if I ever want to get anywhere. So here's to a new beginning!

I have this image that I've kept working on for more than 2 years now. I keep getting stuck on the shape of the girls neck on the left. I want to add warmer skin tones to express the shape change without changing much of the value but I keep getting caught up trying to model the clavicle and shoulder. I'm also having problems with rim lighting and... well I just really want to get the ground work done and all the under structure fixed before I begin detailing or changing lighting.

All critiques are appreciated! I really want to get this one done, and I know I can do it with your help!

Thanks, guys!

Ian

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You already have a thread: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190499 why did you post this on a new one and the old one?
    Also I have to say that for two years worth of work, this image hasn't really improved.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes. There was an issue late last night where my original thread post, this one, wasn't showing up for quite some time. After waiting around 15 minutes I looked at my old threads and found the original to this piece. I thought there might have been an error so I posted to that one as well. Only to find out 5-10 minutes later that this one finally went through, as well as the image.

I've taken an OLD version of this painting. It's gone through a lot of changes, and after 2 years of sitting in a folder I've decided the later changes just don't do. This was meant to be a fresh start to an old idea.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.