Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    hey Prometheus09, no reason to be discouraged, you have to start somewhere! you have some really good ideas for your creature and since you've joined the challenge, you're on the right track. Also, pencil on paper is great exercise (i for one use the standard Photoshop round brush).

we're all here to learn, it's a lot better to see these challenges as opportunities to create rather than compete

i'll send you a PM with some resources and inspiration.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackfingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dude, please, send me that lol I really need the inspiration... I love digital art, but I can't stop doing "direct art". That's what I call it, at least... it's hard for me to do digital art without my old tablet laptop crutch. And yet, I think I do a decent job painting, I dunno... hell. any advice is accepted! Your WIP is fantastic, along with everyone else too... I feel so lost without this damned tablet, and so I feel a natural desire to go back to drawing with pencil and paper, and then just coloring it in. It feels like cheating almost, but I know it's not... maybe just my "style".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus09 View Post
    Dude, please, send me that lol I really need the inspiration... I love digital art, but I can't stop doing "direct art". That's what I call it, at least... it's hard for me to do digital art without my old tablet laptop crutch. And yet, I think I do a decent job painting, I dunno... hell. any advice is accepted! Your WIP is fantastic, along with everyone else too... I feel so lost without this damned tablet, and so I feel a natural desire to go back to drawing with pencil and paper, and then just coloring it in. It feels like cheating almost, but I know it's not... maybe just my "style".
    XD It's not cheating! One step at a time. You need to get used to your equipment again right? Taking on one challenge at a time while letting the other challenges you have wait their turn isn't cheating. I'm in a similar boat. Just try to challenge yourself for now to get what you can done.

~Set A. K. E.

http://bumpytheshroom.deviantart.com/...and on Facebook as Set Elliott

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sethlene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,905 Times in 438 Posts
    Rethinking things a little bit..

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    C.O.W. #262, The Ninjas Companion. WIPs
    A feline creature quite similar (but not the same by any means) to a cat both in appearance and in size, it has remarkably more mimic muscles, so it can make expressions and thanks to that and to its higher inteligence, communicate with its partner. Good for infiltrating unseen and sneaking around...
    Not much imagination here (trying to work on that, but its no good t_t)

Thanks
    blackfingers, those lines and shapes make me sooo happy Can't wait to see your next images

Working on a beetle henchman, fueled by NINJA MAGIC!
    Quickly tested some colors before going to bed, nighty night everybody

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oskar! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Only one thing bugs me about this week's challenge. I think the creature should be able to assist the ninja in assassination even if it can't kill on it's own. For instance, a creature that could distract or confuse an enemy while the ninja approached would be invaluable, one that holds the ninja's weapons for him, or maybe one which produces corrosive saliva to break through locks, windows, etc...

I think the necessity for killing ability is going to limit the results of this round.

Thanks
    Lurker here. Thought I'd give this a go rather than just flick through the archives in awe.
    I started off with some standard creature shapes to warm up with stealth in mind. Obviously you can see from the 2nd one I forgot the rules for a moment >_< kept it in though in case I use it for part of the final creature. The first would seek the target's most likely source of water and secrete poison into it. The 3rd conceals fine darts in its bushy tail which doubles as a vibration detector, paired with sensitive ears it can act as an early warning signal for the ninja. The 4th is capable of attaching itself to almost any surface and curls up to fit into tight spots, this enables it to stowaway on its targets vehicle/luggage to wait until a suitable moment to strike. Usually it waits until the target is sleeping to attach its sucker-like feet to their chest/neck and grab their head with their hands. Its grip is so unrelenting that a sharp tug separates the head from the spinal column. The creature is surprisingly quick and can perform this attack by simply leaping at its opponent when a more suitable time isn't available. When blending in with crowds with its ninja companion it pretends to be a backpack.

I'll probably flesh out the 4th one because its just plain weird.

Thanks
    I figured I might finally try completing one of these. Here is a rough draft of my idea thus far. I'm thinking this guy strangles its victim with its tail so they can't scream, then jabs them through the eyes before flying off silently into the night.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,905 Times in 438 Posts
    Finding it.

Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

Thanks
    The creature design is looking great scorge, i like the first idea the better. In this last one i think the idea is to freeze the moment just before to making the jump, the idea is good, but for some reason , and to my eyes at least, is looking static and unbalanced, like if the creature is about to fall the next second. Just a point of view in case you find it relevant.

Cheers.

"Nature has the coolest patterns because there is chaos but then, it's also controled" Feng Zhu, design cinema, episode 35

Web
    Sketchbook

17. The Following User Says Thank You to elephant´s stroke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Naevea
    If you want to do a feline I suggest you look at some refs, first of all - at skeletal and muscular structure of felines. The creature so far has a ton of anatomical problems. Among them:
    -skull. Where is the skull? So far it doesn't have any.
    -limbs. Both front and hind - how are they attached to the body? Did you skecth a skeleton first?
    -paws. Felines have small round paws.
    Working on values is also required. The cat is of the same value as the scenery and thus disappears completely.

Thanks
    scorge- i really like the second pic matey. where your beastie only has one paw on the ground in motion it gives him a sense of poise and agility that he would need as a ninja's friend.

gona call my guy a shadowflicker. very intelligent and able to snap its tail as a distraction for the ninja.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jon n For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.