Problems with 12UX

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Problems with 12UX

Hey everyone,

I had been saving for a tablet when I found one for sale for fairly cheap (around R7000 less than retail). I was super keen and bought it but I have been having some problems with it and I was wondering if anyone here had a solution.

1. Brush Lag:

Brushes seem to lag when I try to paint, anything above 100px or so which is not very big so this is quite a serious problem. It doesn't matter what brush it is, it lags and I often draw a line and then have to sit back and wait for it to appear on screen.

2. Brush pressure sensitivity:

Often when painting randomly the line will suddenly become solid, as if the pressure sensitivity has turned off for a second. This is horrible as it slows down my work and I often have to undo lines or redo whole sections because at some point it lagged (and combined with the lag) I didn't notice and would have to undo till the point where it messed up.

3. Colour:

The screen's colour was off massively, I fixed this (to some extent) but it is still slightly off and I am unable to get it perfect. This is not a major issue however because I can just move it to my primary monitor and edit the colour there.

Additional details: Working on PScs5, Toshiba laptop.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anyone?

Anyone know how to fix these issues?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I used a 12wx at work that had terrible lag. I think this is due to environmental factors, as using the 12wx in a different place made the lag disappear. I've read online that it's possible certain electronics can cause interference with Cintiqs, like certain kinds of speakers or maybe wireless devices. If you can, try to see if you can move the Cintiq to a different place and see if the problem is still there.

Actually, before you do that, do you see the lag if you use the Cintiq in tablet mode? When I tried that with the laggy 12wx, the lag disappeared, so you can at least be sure that the problem lies with the Cintiq and not with the software or computer hardware.

For the brush sensitivity problem, this is a not uncommon issue for the Intuos3 line. There are a lot of things you can try. Among them are:
    1. Uninstall your tablet driver, restart, then reinstall it
    2. Try a different driver. Downgrade if there was a version that worked without the lag, or if your driver is older, try upgrading

If those two things don't work and you're on a Windows machine, there's a third thing you can try, but I'm not by a Windows machine right now so I'd need to look it up for you at another time.

For the color issue, if it's really bothering you try getting a monitor calibrator. I hear the ones made by Spyder are great and see them recommended for artists and graphic designers online all the time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Usually lag is often a sign of problems with the computer itself. What are the specs on your Toshiba Laptop? Can you try your Cintiq out with a more powerful desktop?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For the pressure sensetivity issue,mi get this aswell with my cintiq 12wx. I think it's an actual problem with the pen itself as that's where the pressure is taken from, not the actual screen. Il try it today with a different pen to see if it fixes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lag is most likely from your computer not the cintiq. big brushes are very cpu intense. it sounds like the system itself used to drive the cintiq isnt up to par. i would try messing with the drivers if you have pressure problems. it can be a pain getting everything set up but once you do you never have to worry about it again.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.