I could really use some help on this. I made this thing a while back for my wife, a huge fan of Star Wars and Snoopy, and intended to cast it in bronze. I have made several alterations to it but it still seems very static to me. I don't want to start in with details when the pose is still aggravating me so much. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
The size is App. 6" and material is Victory Brown Microcrystaline Wax...which sucks for this.
Last edited by Klydezilla; June 17th, 2012 at 07:20 AM.
I think it looks pretty cool, if you really want to change it to make it look less "static", maybe have the cape flowing back slightly more or the legs slightly more apart in a lunging stance. Perhaps having the arm with the light-saber tilted back more. Even if you decide leave it 'as is' it'll look awesome in my opinion. Good Luck.
Started blocking in the Super Sculpey (trying the firm this time) and making some of those changes. His legs are so darn short it's hard to make him lunge much, but I did get it somewhat right. I think maybe having the ears flapping a bit might add some energy as well. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow of what I have. I really appreciate the feedback!
Well, I have the roughed out sculpt now and I hope it shows improvement. I pulled the saber arm back and changed the angle of the weapon. I also added more of a lunge to the stance which I really think helps a lot to add movement. Finally, the head is tilted a bit and the ears are a swinging out a little. Overall, I think I am ready to get to the details now. Whatcha think?
This is really cool, my only little gripe is that it seems like his ears should have a slight ridge where they attach to his head, right now it almost looks like he has a flap of skin peeled away from his face.
Thanks for the input! I am waiting for more Sculpey from Hobby lobby, they always seem to be out. I live in a city of 60K so my options are limited when it comes to supplies. I even drove to Little Rock (about 35 miles away) to get some and Hobby lobby was out there too. I found some at a Michael's outlet, but it was old and hard
Okay, so I hope I am not being annoying here. I was just not happy with the pose so I tore it down a bit and now have this. Right now it looks better to me but I am still not quite happy. Something is bugging me about this but maybe I should just go with this. The hands, nose, feet, and ears are literally barely attached, so this is VERY rough. Once I start on detail work, I will not alter the pose, so I just want to make sure it is right before I see something really "off" after it is 90% complete.
Last edited by Klydezilla; June 17th, 2012 at 07:10 AM.