Thanks

Cool Japanese drawing/anatomy books?

Hi

First,sorry im not a fluent english speaker(writter in this case) ,i speak spanish and i just learnt english a year ago ...

So... the other day i was seeing the works of koji morimoto in google and then i follow to an image and found another amazing animator and then to another amazing illustrator and another amazing comic book artist...,i dont even remember these guys names,but they move very much in terms of expression,poses,colors well everything really

Same as the "west",every artist get an education right,so i was just wondering which books are the Loomis,Vilppu,Bridgman,Famous Artist Course,Bammes,Walt Reed etc... parallel to japanese people or which book are high praise by any aspiring animator or comic book artist

If anyone knows... please answer it will be really helpful

Thanks

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I've bought a few used Japanese books on realistic drawing; they cover pretty much the same constructive drawing system that is used in Russian/Chinese art schools, maybe a bit simplified and more "how to draw an owl" looking;
    I liked that all books I've had have much better diversity in examples compared to Russian text books, but overall, they're pretty useless imo. Good for hobbyists, not good enough to teach drawing professionally.

I'd assume that most of big Japanese names you hear of are educated through universities and have a lot of actual experience working in the field. No book will give you even 1/100 of that.
    There're tonns and tonns of books of specific "how to's" of art, browse amazon.co.jp for that — but once again, they won't make a great artist out of you, won't define your style and won't make you draw for many years. Not to mention language barrier (unless you're fluent in Japanese.)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    I'm really interested in the various kinds of reference books they make over there.

When you've seriously got people making a book solely for photo reference of a DENTIST'S OFFICE of all things, I think that place could be the jackpot of awesome reference you'd never think you'd find a book of.

If the damn shipping didn't cost so much I'd have bought a few by now (Amazon costs 2700 yen per individual shipment, plus a 300 yen handling charge for each item, which means about $37 shipping for a single item).

Quote Originally Posted by deadtablet View Post
    so i was just wondering which books are the Loomis,Vilppu,Bridgman,Famous Artist Course,Bammes,Walt Reed etc... parallel to japanese people or which book are high praise by any aspiring animator or comic book artist
    Well they have Loomis.
    Last edited by Psychotime; May 29th, 2012 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks
    I came across this a while ago:
    http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~zm5s-nkmr/