Sketchbook: Newman's Sketch Emporium - Page 2

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Oh man this one was painful. Couldnt get the proportions right, and was fighting with myself the whole way. Hope the next one comes out better ><

Attached Images Attached Images  
    *New Sketchbook* Come stop by :3

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

I am currently looking for a mentor to help me improve my sketch book. Either that or lots of crits and suggestions to help me improve my skills.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Todays session man I felt so off. But I'm working on it. I can tell my anatomy for the top half of the body is getting better. But still along away to go.

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

I am currently looking for a mentor to help me improve my sketch book. Either that or lots of crits and suggestions to help me improve my skills.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    HAHA AWWESOME WERKS Newman101 GREAT STUDIES AN YER AVATAR IS MY FAVORITE LOOKING FORWARD TO MMRRAAOORRR XDXDXD

Thanks
    Hey, some of those sketches look great!
    I think those sketches are the ones you've spent more time on, you can see more lines, more hatching, more greatness!

Keep it up!

Sketchbook

Need to fill this up!
    Finally Finished

Mostly traditional media.
    Fine Art

www.jsnzart.com

Thanks
    sketches are showing improvement so keep doin what your doin! I'd suggest instead of trying to match colors from the photos youre using try doing everything in grayscale. Value is more important then color. You can lay a layer of color over it quite easily as well. Don't forget to go out once in while and actually draw from life! Keep at it

>>Sketchbook<<

Blogger
    Tumblr

It's progress, NOT perfection.

Thanks
    Man... didn't get home until 11:30 PM. didn't have a chance to draw at work. Didn't get to start drawing until after midnight. I'm so tired, but I had to draw. I HAD to lol.

Ghast - Thanks for stopping by! I do think that value is more important as well, but I really want to get color down as well. And I don't know much about how to use some of the features of the program that I use - Autodesk Sketchbook Pro. And I'm only using it because I cannot afford to buy any other programs at the moment. So the coloring over the shades thing is kinda over me at the moment -.-;

JSN Thanks! I'm much more comfortable with hatching over rendering. Its faster and for me more fun. Keep coming back and watch/help me grow!

SMILEFACE Thanks! That portrait of me was one I did a long time ago (its in my old sketchbook thread). Stop by again soon!

Whelp.. here you are for the evening... Im going to bed >,<;

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    Oh.. my.. I want this week to be over with ... after tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm going to a first annual beer night with the local game companies here in Maryland. It shall be nice! Dunno how much drawing I'll get done tomorrow but I'll be building my contacts either way! Fun times

(these all suck tonight btw... I had a horrible time trying to get things looking right )

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    Man... what a week. I've been drawing more in my sketch book lately and working from books / looking at people (mostly at panera). And as proof I've scanned a couple of the pages to show you all :3

Also of note, this sketch book is about to be retired- I've only got about 6 more pages left and its on to the next one! My goal is to fill it up with worthy sketches in less than a month... We'll see how that goes lol

Enjoy

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,600 Times in 1,970 Posts
    very nice improvements in the latest posts!! really like the bridgeman studies, and the character designs you worked on after look great! solid stuff man! keep it up!

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NickyBeats For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Man, your gestures are so pretty, and the scribbly technique you used in post #36 is really cool, it made me stop and stare for a bit I love the variations in your faces but it looks like you could use a bit of studying on proportion (I'm learning too, it's a challenge). Good luck!

Sketches!

"The most accurate way to predict the future is to create it." --Andrew WK

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LukeStarkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey!
    Very nice amount of work you are doing, i like the balance between design and studies! Some advice i could give is try to think about your lines some more. Like try and make more long and confident strokes. Some excerises i heard of for better line quality on man made objects is to fill up pages of just drawing straight lines. For organic, try drawing things with one constant flowing line and never lift you pencil off the page. Most of the time i like to scribble my way into a desgn then ink it with confident lines or erase slightly then draw over the faded pencil with new confident strokes. Creating line weight where necessary. Keep up the great work!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph Church For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Joe777k7 I actually do a lot of practice at doing hatching just to fill boxes and things - its usually on the paperwork I have at work but I try to evenly fill the boxes with straight lines. I am working on improving my lines constantly. Either way your advice is appreciated. Come back later to see how I'm doing!

LukeStarkiller - First of all, killer name. Second - Thanks for the comments. I know I've got some work to do on proportions, particularly on the proportions of legs to the rest of the bod and on heads. But that is what I'm working toward so.. yea lol. Thanks for stopping by

NickeyBeats - Oh yea, the Bridgeman studies are helping tons. I'm probly going to go through that book again... though I'm think of going through my Reubens book first. not sure. Thanks for stopping by!

I havent done my life drawing for a couple of days, I've been doing more in my sketchbook - I should be able to get some scans in tomorrow to share

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    My god... I need a new job... Anyone want to hire me? lolololol.... Seriously though. I'm gonna get my resume together and start searching ASAP.

Anyways... Heres an upload from my sketchbook.. I've spent alot longer on this guy than I have for a sketch in a long time. I am liking it... I'm just not too sure where to go with it from there.... I'll have to play with some ideas I think.

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    Thanks for your comment; very much appreciated! I love your use of loose lines as well as blocks of color in your figures!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kjylee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Drew a picture of my boss... dont know why. BTW he wasnt wearing the hat - he is a Redskins fan and works in Baltimore sooo. yea. Gave him a Ravens hat >< lol

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    Oh my. The sketchbook is coming along. I've actually been working alot at getting that last sketch to be more complete/better. But I havent scanned it again yet. I figured I needed to post something so here you go!

Kyjee Thanks for stopping by! Keep up your work and keep coming back! I do appreciate the comments :3

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    Cool news! I've got a friend that's thinking about comissioning me to do character art for his DnD campaign hes trying to get published! Hes having me do a test character for him. Heres my first go rough draft. Please give me any kind of crits you can, I want to be my best

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    Another one of the same character. The other one wasnt quite right and I had to make some major adjustments. Keepin it workin though! Crits please!

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    Update. This one is making me happy

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    Been holding out on you guys for a few days. heres an update. I'm working on controlling how much I zoom in and out when doing these studies. Its an annoying habit I've got and I'm trying to break myself of it so I can get more accurate proportions. I think its working... What do you think?

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

Thanks
    good stuff man. i would suggest using some stronger edges to get some better form, just keep practicing and posting!

Thanks
    Newman dude i can see improvement from a few weeks ago when i looked in ! thats really good man. I'm only beggining so i cant give much advice only motivation ! but keep working hard man!

Thanks
    Cheers for the crit! Healthy amount of work going on here, very inspiring. I see your using pixel lovely for anatomy reference too haha Not sure if you know about these sites but 3d.sk and onlinelifedrawing.com are two sites i am strongly considering singing up to, you should check them out. Keep up the good work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 2