Allentown Fantasy Art exhibit

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Allentown Fantasy Art exhibit

Allentown Museum is hosting the largest fantasy art exhibit ever in the U.S. Anyone planning on going? It might be nice to get to meet up with some of you guys/ladies. Looks like its going to be amazing.

My Website I am available for work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

I'll be goin eventually, I just don't know when. I'm from Allentown and actually used to work at the museum for awhile. One of my best friends still works there. I don't think I can make it to the opening though.

Last edited by jpacer; May 28th, 2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: tmi
    "Contrary to the belief of the layman, the essential of art is not to imitate nature, but under the guise of imitation to stir up excitement with pure plastic elements: measurements, directions, ornaments, lights, values, colors, substances, divided and organized according to the injunctions of natural laws. While so occupied, the artist never ceases to be subservient to nature, but instead of imitating the incidents in a paltry way, he imitates the laws."-Andre Lhote

Web, FineArt, Sketchbook

Wish I could. Sadly I'll be out of town for the opening at least.

Yeah I don't know if I can make it to the opening either but it runs until September so that gives plenty of time. Just didn't want anyone to miss it.

Here's some more info from the guys at Muddycolors including a partial artist list.
    Here's a few just to give a little taste as to the talent that will be showcased:

William Blake
    Howard Pyle
    N.C. Wyeth
    J.C. Leyendecker
    Dean Cornwell
    Frank Frazetta
    Boris Vallejo
    H.R. Giger
    Brian Froud
    Brom
    James Gurney
    Julie Bell
    Donato Giancola
    Greg Manchess

My Website I am available for work

Also included:

Franklin Booth
    Joseph Clement Coll
    William Pogany
    Alphonse Mucha
    Arthur Rackham
    Frank Schoonover
    J. Allen St. John
    Roger Dean
    Jon Foster
    Phil Hale
    Jeffrey Catherine Jones
    Iain McCaig
    Moebius
    John Jude Palencar
    Justin Sweet
    Barry Windsor-Smith
    Bernie Wrightson

and many more. I just saw this today and it's pretty bad-ass. There are about 160-some pieces (5 Frazettas). I'm a little perplexed as to why they didn't make this a traveling show. I'm also wondering why they aren't using more well known names and images to advertise it. Anyway, if you get the chance, it's worth checking out. I also discovered a few artists I didn't know about before, such as:

Marc Fishman
    Jose Segrelles
    William James Aylward
    Thomas Kuebler

Last edited by jpacer; June 22nd, 2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Corrected a name
    "Contrary to the belief of the layman, the essential of art is not to imitate nature, but under the guise of imitation to stir up excitement with pure plastic elements: measurements, directions, ornaments, lights, values, colors, substances, divided and organized according to the injunctions of natural laws. While so occupied, the artist never ceases to be subservient to nature, but instead of imitating the incidents in a paltry way, he imitates the laws."-Andre Lhote

Web, FineArt, Sketchbook

Anyone happen to know if Amtrak goes anywhere near this place...? :/ (All their directions involve driving... Not a good sign for us carless folk.)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenGwenevere View Post
    Anyone happen to know if Amtrak goes anywhere near this place...? :/ (All their directions involve driving... Not a good sign for us carless folk.)
    I can't find any leads on public transportation that goes up there, period.

Insanely awesome bunch of artists! I hope they do something similar in California!

You'll have to take a bus. Try Trans-Bridge or Bieber. There are probably others but I don't know what they are.

Web, FineArt, Sketchbook

If its there till September, then I would definitely visit this fantasy art exhibit.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.