Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Bounty Hunter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bounty Hunter

Name:  Bounty Hunter Final.jpg
Views: 1888
Size:  328.6 KBWondering if I could get some thoughts on this?
    It is inspired by the bounty hunter class from the new Star Wars The Old Republic MMO. I am about there thought I would get some crits before I call it finished.

I recently moved into digital after messing around with it for a few years and getting frustrated, due to my lack of knowledge, I decided to treat learning how to do digital art like my second job.

Any feedback is appreciated.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by sugarfoot; May 28th, 2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Firstly I'd post it a bit smaller. I'd reference the pose a bit more. The left arm feels a bit like its floating off of the character. As for the pose, when someone is firing or about to fire a gun, they generally have their arm straightened with their elbows locked. She could have her elbows bent as you have them, it just adds a bit of tension to have them locked. I would suggest not making the guns directly parallel to the viewer because its visually boring. Have the guns facing us a little so we can see a bit of inside the barrel. Also having the forearms parallel to the top and bottom of the plain is visually boring, maybe have her shooting downward to add some dynamism to the piece.

You need to reference fire. Especially how it comes out of a jet engine. You completely pulled this out of your head. The smoke looks a little better but don't be afraid to ad a little in front of here to add more of a sense of depth.

The guns look kind of generic, I'd look at some real guns and other sci fi type weapons.

Colorwise The background is the same color as the character and it just doesn't really make any sense. It's like some strange photoshop filter. I'd just use a sky and some clouds.

All that said this is a very competent piece and it looks like you had fun doing it.

You should check out my site! Yes you!

www.mlharris.carbonmade.com

and the devarts...
    michaelharris.deviantart.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.