Follows
    Following
    --- edit ----

forum broke on me, lol

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some 30 second gestures and movie stills from today. Fast gestures are really tough. Art is kicking me in the ass
    and I am not sure if I'm even learning anything.

As for the movie stills... I tried to spend only 20 minutes on each, but I went over that time limit on all of them. =/
    I'm still not used to painting quickly. As you can see, the first picture turned out really bad but the last one looks
    at least somewhat tolerable. I'm definitely going to do more of these.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those tree sketches and Vanderpoel studies are super nice. Great mark making.

Sketchbook

"You might be disappointed if you fail, but you will be doomed if you don't try"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sony - Hey thanks, I really appreciate it.

ismo - Thank you very much.

--------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, just a quick update for today. I know that I haven't posted in a while but I did want to stop in just to say that I am alive.

The last half of July is always a busy time for me due to it being my birthday and anniversary with my bf. Aside from that, I've also been having problems regarding my hand and it is just really depressing. Drawing on my tablet usually ends up putting me in a lot of pain... idk what is going on but the knuckle above my right hand's index finger ends up getting really swollen and painful if I draw for more than 30-60 minutes on my tablet. It doesn't really happen when I use a pencil, so lately I've been thinking that it must have something to do with how I'm gripping the pen, or perhaps I am pressing too hard? It's hard to say because I have tried changing my grip as well as not pressing down so hard (I also have a relatively light hand so I don't know if pressing too hard is even the issue...) but nothing seems to be helping.

I am at a complete loss here. After my last post, my knuckle started hurting so bad that I couldn't really move my finger at all for hours after. The next day I tried drawing with pencil but the pain was still there so I was like, "fuck it" and didn't draw for pretty much 10 days. Yesterday I finally tried drawing on my tablet again and still, pain after like 40 minutes.

I think I am going to have to stick to drawing with pencil for now until my knuckle decides to cooperate. It's going to be way too much of a hassle to scan all that crap though, I mean I don't mind scanning a few pages but my sketchbook is hard-bound and my scanner is not a flatbed, and to make things worse it also sits at an angle... so scanning on that thing is just a major pain in the arse. I guess what I am trying to say is that for now, my updates are going to be minimal, or possibly non-existant but I will try to draw as much as possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 2