Upcoming P.O.W.! 63 - A TEAM P.O.W.! Who's interested?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

So as once promised by Ilaekae and recently queried by j.s. sabastian, the idea of a Team Challenge P.O.W.! has been banging around the vaults of our sub-section of CA for a while.

This is a thread to give you the heads up and get any and all suggestions for running the Team POW! Also, I notice that August/September is a good response time in POW! attendance chronology - people are done with their summer holidays, getting ready to go back to school.

The basic format would be this - POW 63 would be our August POW, and it will be extended into September for the purpose of the Team event. Teams of 2 will get together at the start, where each team should be a POW regular who has gone out to recruit in another CA'er, old or new.

The first round of voting would be at the end of the first month (August), where the challenge would be to write a script and do breakdowns (on a theme? Maybe an open theme). The winner of this would (maybe) be the script and breakdowns that all the teams then have to tackle.

The second round of voting would be at the end of the second month (September) where the teams will have worked together to pencil/ink/letter and colour the script treatment.

I would like to leave the challenge open for people to keep filtering in, so ideally the teams would allow other people to join in as the challenge rolls on. POW! challenges are so time consuming that it would be hard for a team of newcomers to start late in the day (Although it would be cool if someone wanted to - and with the shared script and breakdowns for the second month people could jump in with new teams then, I guess)?

What do you guys think? Any refinements you want to suggest?

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 784 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    this sounds like a really cool idea. ill be thinking on it.

>>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ashess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hohoho hohoho this is not the Santa clause laugh it the jabba the hut laugh. when laya's carrying Han solo after releasing him from the frozen carbonate and there trying to escape.

The team POW was and should be separate from the pow challenges. i know we've done cover challenges and such. but team should be separate uummkay so i vote no #63

WHY NOT point in case: it's hard enough just to get people to stand and deliver in POW in general. (why i used too complain about not being able too work with others hence we are discussing team POW)so my suggestion would be too..

create: a team challenge sign up in the sub furom on top (etc. unfinished comics/ title ideas) what if we end 2 people per team? what if certain people are only will to work with certain people. what will we we do then....not to cut the writing aspect out we could minamalize it by creating a main topic. not to say there aren't create writer's at ca! there are.

i will continue my rant tommorrow!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j.s. sabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like the idea of having a contest for a script and then the winner is the subject, but I'm not sure how popular that would be for everyone like J.S said, but then again sometimes the best way to stretch yourself is to illustrate something you wouldn't normally do. Maybe as a compromise we could pool together scripts we've written and either do a random pot luck selection or pick out the one that speaks to you? I kind of have two stories/scripts I've been messing with that I would love to chuck on the pile and see how people interperet it, or if they like them even (so thinking about that, maybe voting would be a better solution..hmm)

I can't think of anything else useful (if I've been useful at all lol) I'm looking forward to working with someone else and learning some new (much needed) ways of approaching storytelling, I have someone in mind to ask, but if they don't want to I'm not sure who else to ask, is there going to be a sign up thread where we can find partners? and could there be more than 2 on the team?

Last edited by Angel Intheuk; May 30th, 2012 at 10:15 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ashessThanks! I think it will be a fun idea.

j.s. sabastian I know what you mean, but if there is ongoing P.O.W.'s and a team POW then we'll get half the entrants for each? We could make a sub-forum easily, it can live there if it has to.

Angel Intheuk - I don't think there should be a limit on team size, but it would be nice to see the teams start as twos, then you could add in more if people turn up half way through that would be interested in helping out somehow, or if a friend of your turns up after the start. I like the pooling scripts idea but I'ld need to figure a practical way to do it.

There'll definitely be a sign up thread at the end of this month, so you can start sounding people out for joining your team. I just want as much input as possible this month first.

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry, j.s., I should have added that the Team POW doesn't need to be a numbered one. Numbered POW's could go on pause while it's on, like when DEEP was a thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i liked where angel was going with the sign up thing. so we could have a sub-furom with people who are interested put there names up. i guess to be fair we'd have to randomly place people(there's also a tech factor to think about some of are fellow pow members only use the old school mediums and then scan there work in so naturally they would be script storyboard/penciling then someone with digital wacom tech would do inking and coloring and so forth---but doing it the other way around might not work out so great! things too consider...eh
    then topic
    then time and date

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys, there is a new Team Challenge available for those with a burning need to collaborate with their peers - you can find the intro & sign up thread here - http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244888.

To give this new challenge time to breathe & your attention, take all your team dreams there for the time being. We can always Team POW! some other time.

The topics & details of the Team Challenge are going up TODAY, July 15th. Run, don't walk.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i looked at that thread. and umm that's not us at all. first off the leader is basically sayiing were covering all topics IDW CHOW POW ETC too create teams. we lag enough here im actually hurt!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to j.s. sabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I know. But this is a big community change thing going on, so if there's any team spirit to go around, try out for a team there for the moment. If it doesn't work out or we still need more POW! team-ups, we'll revisit a sub-forum for here.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.