Art: GLS Portfolio Review - John Pacer
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: GLS Portfolio Review - John Pacer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

GLS Portfolio Review - John Pacer

Hello! My name’s John.

I graduated with a BFA in Fine Art years ago from the Academy of Art University. I had initially gone out to SF because I wanted to work as a Concept Artist for film and PC Games. Once I got there, though, I found my interests shifted greatly and I switched majors to Fine Art. There were many reasons for this.

Recently, I've been getting back into the idea of doing Concept Art and Illustration with Sci-Fi and Fantasy themes and have been trying to teach myself digital painting.

The first six images are oil paintings. The last four are examples of my attempts at digital painting (with some thumbnails thrown in).

Basically, my goal is as simple as I would like to earn a living through drawing and painting. Ideally, I would like to do Concept Art for LucasArts, Bioware, Bethesda, or Blizzard (Actually, I’d love to work on a Graphic Adventure game, but not many people seem to make those anymore). I’d also like to do Illustrations for book covers or magazines as well as a graphic novel at some point.

Name:  Pacer_John_01-On-the-Beach.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  471.8 KB

Name:  Pacer_John_02_MFA.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  408.1 KB

Name:  Pacer_John_03-Falling-Sky.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  410.1 KB

Name:  Pacer_John-2-Self_Portrait.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  330.4 KB

Name:  Self-Port_2.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  321.2 KB

Name:  Pacer_John_04-Pale-Horse.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  394.1 KB

Name:  Pacer_John-05-Life_On_Mars.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  348.9 KB

Name:  Pacer_John-03-Digital-War_Zone.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  243.3 KB

Name:  underwater_temple.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  355.2 KB

Name:  JohnPacer_thumbs1.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  247.2 KB

Last edited by jpacer; May 27th, 2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: rambled too much
    "Contrary to the belief of the layman, the essential of art is not to imitate nature, but under the guise of imitation to stir up excitement with pure plastic elements: measurements, directions, ornaments, lights, values, colors, substances, divided and organized according to the injunctions of natural laws. While so occupied, the artist never ceases to be subservient to nature, but instead of imitating the incidents in a paltry way, he imitates the laws."-Andre Lhote

Web, FineArt, Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.