New Samsung Series 7 owner needs help setting up fro Art

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New Samsung Series 7 owner needs help setting up fro Art

Hey everyone. My name is Joe and I am a new owner of the S7S. I have literally been waiting forever to get my hands on this sweet piece of machinery and have placed a bit of debt on my head to get one. Thats how worth getting one has been to me. Upon getting it, I was very pleased with the overall weight and feel of the machine and could easily see myself spending hours upon hours on it. I am a fledgling artist currently in school and persuing a career in animation. I love to draw and bought this primarily because of its application in art. That being said, I was kind of disapointed with how it comes out of the box. I saw that there was a bunch of updates that needed to be performed to get it up to speed and useable. I visited the Tabletpcreview.com forums alot, in particularly the threads "Sticky: Wacom Pen Driver -- configuration and calibration?" and "How to set up your Samsung Series 7 Slate for 'Serious Photoshop Work'!" because they seemed to have the most information about getting the slate set up for art use. However, they have seem to fallen aside and have not been updated with relevant information in a bit. I have posted on them but have also yet to receive any new information. Perhaps I am being a bit impatient but I literally spend hours everyday searching for ways to get this thing working properly. My unit has really not been modded or changed in anyway outside of performing system critical updates. It still runs the preinstalled windows 7 home ed. I have no interest in updating to windows 8, as 7 works just fine for me, so any suggestions I receive would need to be applicable for windows 7. The problems I face are simple ones and mainly stem from the driver issues.
    -I updated the Wacom Drivers to the ones found on the samsung support site. (Wacom Digitizer Pen (Driver) (ver.7.0.2.27)) and that gave me use of pressure sensitivity to Photoshop but not Sketchbook Pro. I use SBP alot, so it is really a must have on my slate. PS is obviously another must have so having the drivers work for both is really a must. I have seen posts that people have been able to get both working simultaneously and would really love to know how.
    - Once I installed the latest Wacom driver, I noticed how horrible the pressure curves really is. In the thread "How to set up your Samsung Series 7 Slate for 'Serious Photoshop Work'!", the author mentions chaning a .dat folder to his preset sensitivity curves. However, the location he points out as to the location of the folder does not exist in my system. Also the file name he mentions "ISD_Tablet.dat" is actually a .dll file extension in my system. He supplies a link to a curve editing tool, but later on in the thread I see that his art dock does not work anymore (it was broken in a recent update) and that probably includes the curve editor as well. I would love to get this straightened out as well.
    I greatly apprecaite any contributions that can be made. Thank you all to whom ever posts and responds.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well after waiting and receiving zero replies, I kept on researching and found a helpful piece of information on another thread. Apparently the Wacom drivers I installed are conflicting with the tablets input services. So I had to go into the administrative options and turn off tablet input services so this way the Wacom driver could have control. BAM instant working pressure sensitivity for both SBP and Photoshop. However, this does create an issue where touch ceases to work. This can be a silver lining though because I noticed in my initial dealings with the tablet, that if you lift the stylus away from the screen, and your hand is resting on it, it will take that as input and write. So that is kind of cool. I still need to get the curves set up in photoshop as there is no consistency to the amount of pressure applied and the thickness of the lines. This may simply be an in program stylus responsiveness issue I can correct. I will continue to play with it. Hopefully this can help anyone else who was in my shoe's.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.