Art: Feedback on my Piece?
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Feedback on my Piece?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Feedback on my Piece?

I did this piece recently. It was a redo of an older piece i did in 2010, when i was starting my Graphic Design course in college. The older piece was very dated, and i will say it, it was terrible compared to how this one came out. I'm just curious to get some feedback and see what others think of my design.

The picture is mine. The Piece is called "Death of Friendship". I'm the light haired girl. The other girl who looks like a clown was my best friend of 5 years, and this is when she visited me for the first and last time. She betrayed me, and this piece is meant to show how I'm finally moving on.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so the piece decided to be mean. here it is.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fair enough about being honest. I hope your ex-friend is not recognizable! The concept sure is dark! I hope you are not 'moving on' by dragging a chainsaw(ha ha ha). I am all for art therapy, I have done some myself. My art therapy pieces, that contain negative energy, always ends up on a bonfire - to let it go. The pieces I keep, either represents a positive outcome, or still remains a mystery to me.

Graphically, if you wanted to represent resentment and revenge, you conceptual piece has certainly done that. The clown bit throws a curve-ball, but the rest of it is well presented. Very symbolic: the dark side, wanted poster, marked person, death wish by crucifixion (nail and blood), the sad victim, close to home, and publication. It was well thought out. This is the first piece I have seen of your work. I am looking forward to seeing the lighter side of your talented creations.

Last edited by PAH; June 7th, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
    P A HAUSAMANN B Hlth Sc (Couns)[SYD]. ADM
    Drawing, [Box Art], Steampunk, Mixed Media.
    Only truth exists, anything else is a delusion - P A H

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    By still redoing this old piece... I don't feel how you have moved on. You are still working with this old memory. Let it go and do something new instead

Personal portfolio: http://erikfriberg.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.