Feedback requested

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Feedback requested

Hello, I am working on some concepts for future finished works and wanted some feedback on anything that catches your eyes negative or positive, thank you -James

Feedback requested

Feedback requested

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like a lot of work for a couple of concepts. How long did these take you?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These look great! I especially like the composition and balance you have created in the second image. The only thing that sticks out to me that is negative is the woman in the first one.
    Well, negative is a strong word. I do think it works. However, one thing that personally catches my eye and KEEPS my attention there is the fact that she it cut off at the neck. I like that her whole upper body isn't extending to the bottom of the image, however the floating effect can be extremely distracting and, in my opinion, takes away from your beautiful work!
    These are well put together concepts, and as jonathan said, they look like you put a lot of love and work into them, especially just for concepts.
    One thing I might suggest to remedy the cut off issue is to perhaps place text there, that way if you want to keep her cut off, it doesn't just appear to fade into the background.
    If this is what you are going for though, please pay no mind to my comment.
    Anyway, keep working! Great job.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the reply Jonathan, well the first one was done over 3 days in my free time ( i work full time) and the second took a bit longer as i did it over a period of time. I guess I consider it concept because I am not sold on the medium because of the finishing, especially with the lettering, but I am guessing this would be better done as an overlay in a graphics program. I am thinking I should re-do them in oils and fix any problems with the composition.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you for the feedback Raegan, yes I did notice that "Spot" and it might have looked better had I faded her upper body down into that space ... and as I was looking at it I thought this might be a good place for the "coming soon to a theater near you" phrase ... like I was telling Jonathan ... I was thinking of re-doing these in oils so I could make them look more finished and change any composition issues at that time. I wasnt entirely happy with Charlie Chan ... capturing his features .. I was thinking I needed another run at it.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.