Art: Heres my folio (crits welcome yo)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Heres my folio (crits welcome yo)

Hey, every one just trying to get some feed back on my portfolio. Let me know what you think. http://danielbsmith.darkfolio.com/

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you're going in the right direction but you need a lot of practice yet. In particular with anatomy and proportions, perspective is somewhat being studied but not enough (just like 3d drawing). Last one is painting skills and lighting knowledge (this will take an entire life, just study surface property and how to render them). I didn't see some good concept yet so i think you must learn how to design properly, right now you're just doing random things that comes out from your imagination but it's not exactly the good way to design something.

Feel free to ask anything if there's something you want to know

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hitsu//San For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First, thank you for your response I really appreciate your feed back. Just wanted to know if you could be a little bit more specific about what you don't like about the design concepts and elaborate more on what you mean about designing properly. Thank you again and I will greatly appreciate any other advice you would be willing to give me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't said that i don't like it, i said that are not done properly To explain what design is can be a little complicated but in very short is the process of manipulating something that exist or not exist and give it a shape made for a purpose based on 90% of common sense and natural behavior of things and 10% abstraction and fantasy. To make you an example of what is a good design and what is not i can tell you to think about a huge spaceship for docking station and orbital defense around the Earth orbit and a flying carpet with great colors and some good decorations: what's the most believable?

Of course the ship will be more believable cause it's not so far away with imagination and it have a purpouse that's believable, with little hint's i made you think about something your mind can accept as true (even of course it's not) and something you could never believe (cause we live under certain natural rules, we are used to them).

Our job as concept design is to take in consideration every aspect and make something the people are going to like it cause they feel a connection to it. That's what i mean as good design.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your vehicle designs! They are way better than the rest if you ask me. Something you really need to work on is using a good allround color pallette I think. Using colors that compliment eachother. Right now, some colors stand out way too much from the rest of the piece. It will make drawings look a bit cheap with those colors in my opinion. Keep working hard!

Thanks for dropping by!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DeJakhalz For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.