Sketchbook: Leo's sketchbook time to get back in the game!! - Page 7
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Leo's sketchbook time to get back in the game!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JamesSimons: hey man thanks for stopping by! and serious kudos for the websites, i use the sartorialist but the archive in hel looks is pretty damn impressive thanks!

justcallmebruce: thanks for dropping by and the support! to the top we go!!

LTplissken: hahahaha thanks, that was a little doodle i saw i cant seem to remember where hahaha.

Kvetch: thanks i will keep on pushing!

eternalapprentice: hey man whats up! yeah consistency is one of the big keys in improving thanks for the advices my friend i will take them to heart

capt Surge: yeeeeeeeeees so far ive been practicing alot i wish i had a way to learn TECHNIQUES ive read through all of my books wich is why im feeling somewhat comfortable with the figure but i have nothing in enviros and alot of other things i want to know about oh well it will come in time and when i can find good books on those subjects

lucarky: hey man glad you decided to stop by and do your schedule it helps a TON keep it up!

Tyler Fontes: i checked out your SB keep at it man welcome to the site ^^^

thank you so much for the support guys, it feels good being home i can relax for once hahaha, well ive been drawing but not as much as i want to i will try to crank it up another nodge like my sb title says merry xmas and happy new year everyone!

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for your comment. You must be burning through your pencils with so much work done! The dedication you put in all of this inspires me to work harder. Keep on rocking.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to n00dles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @noodles thanks yes i am! specially now that im home and i can draw all day hahaha

for everyone that pass through this sb, i plan on uploading my drawings soon, they are just piling on and the pile is getting bigger D: ive been relaxing alot too so dont expevt that much of a sketchdump i got to start getting hardcore or else!!

My Blog

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @noodles thanks yes i am! specially now that im home and i can draw all day hahaha

for everyone that pass through this sb, i plan on uploading my drawings soon, they are just piling on and the pile is getting bigger D: ive been relaxing alot too so dont expevt that much of a sketchdump i got to start getting hardcore or else!!

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, just stoppin by to say hi, thanks for your comments
    im just curious, notice if there is any stiffness in your arm/elbow when drawing, if you make any quick jerky motions. keep it fluid so you have more control.
    a good way to test this is to compare it with your non-drawing hand, switch pencils around and draw for a bit and see the difference in control and tightness

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aks9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Esos trazos firmes muestran una buena confianza en tu trabajo, me gusta mucho! Estos bocetos te van a ayudar muchísimo en el futuro, buen trabajo y sigue practicando la anatomía, las proporciones etc. Feliz Año Nuevo!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardo Robles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You and me both buddy! It'd be a nightmare to scan all the drawing but anyway I hope the time you spent relaxing was a good investment to get you working even harder afterwards >:]!

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazel33t For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck in 2013, nothin' to it but to do it!

Princes of the Universe
    ~AdamSimons~~JustCallMeBruce!~~JamesSimons~

13. The Following User Says Thank You to adamsimons For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm noticing that a lot of your heads don't look nearly as solid and 3 dimensional as your figures are - you're getting a handle on figure structure, but a lot of those same principles aren't translating to heads. Try some Loomis/Bridgeman heads, or take a look at this guy's head tutorials, they're a great refresher on Loomis-style heads.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Revidescent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New page, 3 posts from you, no art? Come on mate. You havent updated all year T.T

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Wingal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @aks9 hey man thanks for pointing that out i will keep in mind to use my elbow more than my wrist thanks!
    @ricardo robles, hey gracias por darte una pasada por mi sketchbook, seguire estudiando, ahora hay que meterle mas y mas ganas para mejorar todo lo posible este 2013!
    @kamikazel33t hey man yess we must push HARDER and harder! i took a photo of my stuff its quicker and either way there isnt that much heavily detailed so a photo does the trick and about the investment i think it was but its hard to tell because i lost a little bit of edge because i relaxed way too much
    @adamsimons, hey thanks for the visit, and Hell yeah!
    @revidenescent wow thanks a ton for the link i didnt knew of this guy and he has some good shots i can copy a learn stuff from, pease stop by again in the future

so whats up people, my plans for getting hardcore will get delayed until i go back to merida, but still im not gonna relax here were already into 2013 and im going to push myself the most i can in here, without further ado i give you my holiday work! super crappy i know im sorry all i could manage in here was to upkeep my skills didnt even did a good job at that, i lost a little edge it will come back with practice, i picked up some warm ups from peter han and watched some tutorials so i want to try new things and get STRUCTURE into my drawing board, mainly to track my progress better and to get better faster i will post my schedule in time i just need to get comfortable with it ;D see you next time!

Name:  DSCF2082.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  313.9 KBName:  DSCF2083.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  293.0 KBName:  DSCF2084.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  298.3 KBName:  DSCF2085.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  282.5 KBName:  DSCF2086.JPG
Size:  306.3 KBName:  DSCF2087.JPG
Views: 265
Size:  283.7 KBName:  DSCF2088.JPG
Size:  313.4 KBName:  DSCF2089.JPG
Views: 262
Size:  306.0 KBName:  DSCF2090.JPG
Size:  281.2 KBName:  DSCF2091.JPG
Views: 262
Size:  297.0 KBName:  DSCF2092.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  296.7 KBName:  DSCF2093.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  301.4 KBName:  DSCF2094.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  305.4 KBName:  DSCF2095.JPG
Views: 254
Size:  290.2 KBName:  DSCF2096.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  305.3 KBName:  DSCF2097.JPG
Views: 255
Size:  332.1 KBName:  DSCF2098.JPG
Size:  338.1 KBName:  DSCF2099.JPG
Views: 251
Size:  321.9 KBName:  DSCF2100.JPG
Size:  286.3 KBName:  DSCF2101.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  310.3 KBName:  DSCF2102.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  329.4 KBName:  DSCF2103.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  303.4 KBName:  DSCF2104.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  305.8 KBName:  DSCF2105.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  289.5 KBName:  DSCF2106.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  311.9 KB

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn you double posting

Last edited by lionheartGFX; January 3rd, 2013 at 02:08 PM.

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to 2013! As always great amount of works mate!

"The fulfillment of oneself is achieved with victory over their challenges"
    My thought

My SkEtChBoOk

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucarky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Let's make 2013 our year ! Anxiously waiting for your next batch of drawings. Pop in by my sketchbook. I think I've got some stuff you're gonna like.

"All artists are prepared to suffer for their work, but why are so few prepared to learn to draw?"

MY SKETCHBOOK, COMMENT & CRITIC THE SHIT OUT OF ME

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ozark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys! Lucarky, Ozark thank you so much for the support! well ive been idle, but not dead! this is a little preview of what you can expect from me, ive been fighting with the pen theese past week or so and i can do much more with it, and it deffinetly helps on building confident lines, i mean if you fuck up you really fucked up, also forces me to use a bit less construction lines, i know its wrong but it actually helped me with accuracy since with the pen all i draw is the center line or sometimes the flow line of the pose and thats it, plus its good for gesture im gonna keep at it maybe even do studies in pen, i have a shitload of books coming all on painting and landscapes i want to buy some on foreshorthening too and im gonna read the hell out of james gurney

Name:  figures.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  44.8 KB

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi mate! Beautiful pen work here. And thanks again for support! I'm serching now to improve in landscape and perspective, but I also have to go on with studies on 3D for Maya and 3Ds Max. So I'm really busy all the day... (damn, why there's only 24 hour. Subtract 6 hours or so to sleep... aaaah... Damn! few few few) Anyway... If you can suggest me with some title on landscape drawing I'll appreciate it.
    Go on man! Great work will wait ahead for you.

My thought

My SkEtChBoOk

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucarky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment on my sketchbook. Although, to be honest what I draw there is some of the best things that I've done recently. I should post everything so you can see how many things I get wrong on a regular basis, I guess it's kind of misleading. The worst problem that I had (and still have) was understanding depth, that 3D objects recede into space.
    I kind of guess it's because I used to draw anime a lot and the lie that goes along with that is that faces are flat, which simply isn't true. So when I had identified that problem the next part came about trying to fix that. I personally did and still do a lot of life studies. They can be kind of boring but it's good stuff. I mean I still get it all wrong most of the time, I've not moved past that stage in my improvement, but then again no one's ever happy.
    I read a lot of James Gurney and his blog online. He had some excellent edge tutorials on there, which helped with showing that objects have volume and depth.
    I use references a lot, most of the time in fact. Learning about muscles is about studying them, and I have a book called "Anatomy, a complete artist guide." by Joseph Shepard, which not only gives good advice but also goes into great detail about the bones and muscles themselves and how they all work together. I found it helped my understanding a great deal.
    Good luck and keep drawing!

Constructive criticism is always welcome.
    My Sketchbook.
    My Tumblr.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Caspia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool stuff and keep doing those studies

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Elias Leonard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

You came in strong into this year. Real strong. Midget mallet, huge giant scalped semi
    mutated, potato breed. A lazy ocean below the cloudy sky. I felt the weight of your
    hands as you magically pulled off some of your pencil portraits. No more lazy hours,
    the crazy horse started to require. Your approach toward some of your lines is deeply
    to be observed and analyzed, cause you have the magic technique. Improving all around,
    up and down, bitter turned to better. Swing away hard and become the new delegate.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

32. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Someone has been studying harder/ smarter. Good job man, i'll suggets you do more still lifes to better your lines. keep 'em coming

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Yemi775 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @lucarky hey man thanks for the support as always glad to see you coming back! ill reply in your sb soon
    @elias leonard thanks will do!
    @Ltplissken LT you are overselling my abilities man! but i will grow tremendously this year i promise you that!
    @yemi775 haha you noticed? been trying to do smarter studies, it pays off and the peter han excercices are pure MAGIC

been trying to learn how to draw koi fish! ;D ill upload my drawings soon everyone! ive been slacking i deserve divine punishment!

Name:  koi.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  25.6 KB

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work man! I see a lot of improvement since your first post And I like that you are using mainly traditional mediums cause it's much better way before you will switch to digital. All that I can say, keep practising as much as possible and keep this sketcbook updated. Looking forward to more stuff

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Classmate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, your sketchbook really lives up to its name. I admire hard workers like you. You're definitely improving. Keep going strong! I'll be awaiting your next batch of work.

Sketchbook -- Any feedback helps!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to eroquii For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks man for the advices for photoshop! I'm looking now at that site. very very useful. Thank you so much.

My thought

My SkEtChBoOk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hell yeah, man, your linework is getting much stronger. And your figures are starting to have more construction with them, as well as fluidity in your poses. Just make sure that you're always thinking of how simple perspective geometric forms are put together in order to build the more complex forms and how you can go about turning these forms in space to whatever angle you'd like. It really is a freeing feeling to know that you can draw whatever you'd like when you solidly have this down (not saying that I do by any means, but I can imagine it ). Great work, man. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @classmate thanks man! yeah i plan on keeping it traditional until i can get a serious drawing ability so i dont have to tumble when working with color, value is something i want to work ASAP but perspective comes first

@lucarky hey im glad you found Ctrl paint useful its a great site cant wait to see how you improve with it!

@MrFrenik hells to the yeah man! perspective is going to be my top priority when i get back in full force, right now i just want to get this koi fish right and do some mantle studies for a birthday gift for my mom

@eroqii hey thank you for stopping by i really appretiate support and i actually admire you too your studies on the skull and the skeleton are sublime man it seems you got that pretty good

well just fish today im dreaming with theese lately just from looking at them so much, they are amazing fish they can live up to 200 plus years and adapt to the size of the enviroment i can see why they think the koi fish are sacred specially the Butterfly koi it looks so amazing!

Name:  cover bla bla.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  166.3 KB

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook. I really like your line economy on your fish. I would love to see you do some more and try to push how few lines you can use to define a koi fish (just as an exercise). I really like your "Rise of the Guardians" doodles. That movie made me want to draw as well. Have you seen William Joyce's books? That guy has some seriously impressive style.

For Science- Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Are the koi just for sketching? or are you planning something bigger, because Id love to see something like that from you ^^

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good studies man. Make sure you keep your lines simple and confident, - one confident stroke. Keep it up. Very inspiring work. I like the koi fish sketches are you going to develop them further?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @thank you all for the kind words, the koi are for a bigger drawing i did two thumbs im kind of happy with, its a drawing for my moms birthday so i want to make the best possible, fish are both a really relaxing subjet and a very dynamic one, theres lots of poses you can try to put them in specially long finned koy the fuidity is remarkable! i want to capture that! so im gonna dump all of my stuff so be prepared hahaha some of this pages are warm up pages dont take them too seriously because i sure dont i just try to loose my arm and elbow while doing some light thinking on a random subject anyways here is the stuff!

A bit of advice some of this pages are from head im too lazy to point out wich anyways if it looks disgusting its probbably from head hahaha just so you know!

Attached Images Attached Images                                          
    Last edited by lionheartGFX; January 18th, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

My Blog

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 20