Sketchbook: Leo's sketchbook time to get back in the game!! - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Arenhaus, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by, and yeah im trying to put in the effort of depicting volume but it sometimes i fail really hard, will take your advice and never stop thinking of how to relate as much as i can the anatomy in my figures!

@Istmin52 hey man thanks for the kind words, i do promise more still lifes in the future!

@Grafguy, that cleared my question, i might soon give digital another try so i can start to work on rendering, but in the mean time i will follow your advice and do more complicated things i do feel like i havent been pushing myself as hard as i can, and also i want to do longer drawings most of them are under the 15-20 minute mark i think thats where ive been misdoing things, i dont take the time to really put the line exactly where i want to

hell guys this responses fill me with energy i will try to be as productive as possible this next week and try new things! i want to do more animals and also reference other artist, god i love drawing its gets more fun the better you are at it!

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Arenhaus, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by, and yeah im trying to put in the effort of depicting volume but it sometimes i fail really hard, will take your advice and never stop thinking of how to relate as much as i can the anatomy in my figures!

@Istmin52 hey man thanks for the kind words, i do promise more still lifes in the future!

@Grafguy, that cleared my question, i might soon give digital another try so i can start to work on rendering, but in the mean time i will follow your advice and do more complicated things i do feel like i havent been pushing myself as hard as i can, and also i want to do longer drawings most of them are under the 15-20 minute mark i think thats where ive been misdoing things, i dont take the time to really put the line exactly where i want to

hell guys this responses fill me with energy i will try to be as productive as possible this next week and try new things! i want to do more animals and also reference other artist, god i love drawing its gets more fun the better you are at it!

My Blog

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh what a shameful double post, im so sorry! i have no idea why that happened if a mod could erase that one that would be great!

anyway moving along heres what i did today, decided to dive into studying some disney production art, its really helpful im learning alog about expression, i know some of these dont look right at all but bear with me i promise they will get better over-time

Name:  IMG384.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  73.8 KBName:  IMG402.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  55.0 KBName:  IMG401.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  47.8 KBName:  IMG399.jpg
Size:  50.7 KBName:  IMG398.jpg
Size:  54.5 KBName:  IMG397.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  52.8 KBName:  IMG396.jpg
Size:  52.4 KBName:  IMG395.jpg
Size:  48.9 KBName:  IMG393.jpg
Size:  47.9 KBName:  IMG392.jpg
Size:  48.3 KBName:  IMG391.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  48.6 KBName:  IMG390.jpg
Size:  71.0 KBName:  IMG388.jpg
Size:  73.9 KBName:  IMG386.jpg
Size:  70.0 KB

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, just passing by and wanted to share my thoughts on your work. I can see great improvement from your first page trough (at the moment) your last. And I always love to see improvement in my fellow artist, so keep it up. What I can see (and maybe I'm wrong) is hesitation and maybe fear in your work. What I mean by that is that your lines are stiff. Loosen your arm, make it flow, do not be afraid to make mistakes, make a lot of lines and in all that mess you will see ones that work best for your piece. As time pass and you make many of your pieces you would need less and less lines to make correct ones. When I draw traditionaly I like to use H5 pencil and make very light sketch of the form, posture and few details. Then I use HB pencil to thicken and correct my sketch beneath.

So, hope this helps and I wish you best in your learning.

Cheers.

I always imagined I could be what I wanted to be.

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/dariojart

My Deviantart page: http://dariojart.deviantart.com/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fantastico For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantastico View Post
    Hey, just passing by and wanted to share my thoughts on your work. I can see great improvement from your first page trough (at the moment) your last. And I always love to see improvement in my fellow artist, so keep it up. What I can see (and maybe I'm wrong) is hesitation and maybe fear in your work. What I mean by that is that your lines are stiff. Loosen your arm, make it flow, do not be afraid to make mistakes, make a lot of lines and in all that mess you will see ones that work best for your piece. As time pass and you make many of your pieces you would need less and less lines to make correct ones. When I draw traditionaly I like to use H5 pencil and make very light sketch of the form, posture and few details. Then I use HB pencil to thicken and correct my sketch beneath.

So, hope this helps and I wish you best in your learning.

Cheers.
    hey thanks for the reply, i know what you mean about the lack of confidence in my line im strongly working on it mimicking the lines of keane and other great animators, i think its working since their pencil drawings have so much energy some of that spashes into my own, will upload them soon, little by little they are getting better, glad to see your seeing progress its really a struggle but i think consistency and hard work are key lets both work hard man

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    in regards to the pencil lines of other animators, your lines will come as they are. forcing your lines to look like others will bring only trouble, i can attest to this. your lines will take on your own feeling and expressiveness.

a lot of what i see is your focus on the lines causes an atrophy of structure; you concentrate so much on the lines that the anatomy or space falls appart. some of the best pieces of your drawings are the sketchier ones, where you were BUILDING the body with your lines, instead of REFLECTING it.

also, since it's hard for me without seeing a video or play-by-play of you drawing, it seems like you're using the outline to form your shapes and it's really heavy. i would suggest trying to steer away from using an outline in your sketches that is heavier than the other elements of your sketch. this may be my eyes being tired though.

take a peek at my SKETCHBOOK?

die angenehmen Ungeheuer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AngeUnge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool sb! i see a lot of pencil work, but not much in color so maybe pick up the slack in that department. other than that keep it up!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your anatomy studies and the Glenn Keane stuff looks great. Keane is a master of expression and there is so much to learn from him. I'm seeing tons of progress, keep it up!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WarmSoda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great gesture drawings!! I think you already nailed pretty much all the expressions. I love Glenn Keane too, used to make prints of his work and paste it all around my wall. Whenever I walk by I stare at them... LOL they are such inspirations. You have so much good stuff going, hope to see more!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cabbage Caterpillar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey good job! I am also inspired by Glen Keane as well(which aspiring animator or animator isn't? ). For the issue with lines just feel free about it and try not to get to worked up about it, draw with your shoulder and elbow instead of your wrist. If you find that your lines are too fuzzy erase it and try to do it in one swoop, eventually you will get used to make more confident lines as well as improving your line quality.

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazel33t For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice Sketchbook
    i like your pace and also i like the facial expressions study
    keep up the good work!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Xcarbon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @angeunge hey! thanks for dropping by! im sorry if i didnt explained myself right, but its not that im mimicking the lines of keane to copy them nor anything like that, its that im learning the way he does things and the energy he manages to get into the drawing while using so few lines and such simple concepts, really its a great learning tool, its not about copying the drawing its about capturing the expression and learning something, and well about the construction there is some but in my head, i lay construction lines of course but only the ones that i need, this is only for now to make me better, and to train my eye even more while still doing this simple studies, i still do figures of corse and study the figure but what im trying to get from kean its that energy and power in his gesture its so amazing, hope you can come back sometime and also checked your sb its awesome!}

@Kevin_ hey thanks for the compliment! and yeah theres really not much colour right, will do something about it but i just want to be satisfied with my method of working before i go into digital in the mean time i plan on studying values since that will hep me in the future with colour.

@Cabbage catterpilar hey thanks for stopping by! and yeah i know i love glen too, hes one of the big names in the industry know but ever since he begun he showed alot of talent and vision, id love to do what you did about printing his stuff in my wall it would help greatley with inspiration!

@KamikazeL33t hi! thanks for your reply, and yeees thats EXACTLY what im working on, trying to use my wrist the least as possible, and using my arm as much as i can, im seeing some progress but its hard to use your arm if your doing small strokes, i am getting the hang of it, doing a couple of pages of warm up and some 10 sec poses helped alot!

@WarmSoda Thanks! and yes keani IS a master at expression theres truly millions of thing to learn from his work!

@Xcarbon thank you so much for the support, and i certainly will keep up the hard work

hey guys! its time for another update of my crappy ass lines, followed those tangled studies, mainly rapunzel now but im planning on drawing all the characters one by one, im eager to get to maximus since i might brush up on animal anatomy while im at it, i also did some balto studies AMAZING stuff, will do more of those also a messy mech, maaan i suck at that, will practice more of those , and the mandatory figures and clothing studies

hope you like it or at least dont get sick from looking at it XDDD

Name:  IMG424.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  139.0 KB
    Name:  IMG423.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  122.0 KB
    Name:  IMG422.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  127.0 KB
    Name:  IMG421.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  155.4 KB
    Name:  IMG419.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  152.4 KB
    Name:  IMG418.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  207.2 KB
    Name:  IMG417.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  185.1 KB
    Name:  IMG414.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  162.3 KB
    Name:  IMG413.jpg
Size:  173.3 KB
    Name:  IMG412.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  171.3 KB
    Name:  IMG411.jpg
Size:  167.1 KB
    Name:  IMG410.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  170.5 KB
    Name:  IMG408.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  166.8 KB
    Name:  IMG407.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  180.4 KB
    Name:  IMG406.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  172.7 KB
    Name:  IMG405.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  175.2 KB

oh and if anyone is wondering where i get my ref for the production art is at this http://livlily.blogspot.com site its just amazing the sheer ammount of stuff there is! i seriously encourage everyone to check it out!

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for visiting my SB! love the animation and emotion in your character, especially the faces. I have problems kind of finding that good niche when it comes to cartoons. Bet the bulk uploader was a blessing for you, lots of big updates here.

My Sketchbook!This scrub needs your guidance

Very Cool Guys:
    Lakai ---- Whirly

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ixallus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Soo crazy improvement from page 1 to 4 here! Love your recent studies, they reek of improvement.
    Your strong focus on characters is admirable - keep kicking ass!

The perspective of the jack in the box-box is a bit off, perhaps a few perspective studies are in order.

Also, THANK you for introducing me to Glen Keane.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very fun sketch book !

I wish I could help you along, but I am self taught as well, sorry.

Most I can say is that I also agree there is a lot of substantial improvement here.

I will stay tuned

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhoshone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @AndreM Hey thank you so much for the compliments and keane its just awesome! theres alot we can learn from his lines.

@Rhoshone thanks and please do stay tuned because i do plan on uploading more stuff

i just finished another notebook hahaha, later i will post my "workplace" if you wish to call it that hahaha, i will post those drawings tomorrow morning hopefully, theres some animal anatomy that was very fun to do, i dont know if i have stumbled upon something but i feel im understanding things much faster than before i wish to do a piece where i can apply ALL of my knowledge into and pour everything into it like someone else said i need some Finished pieces and race it to the finish and see where it goes and then try again and again hahaha for the moment im tired and just want to sleep agjakljgaldjg see you guys tomorrow!

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello people, heres the stuff i promised

some 10 sec poses
    Name:  IMG425.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  52.9 KB
    these ones were 2 mins if i recall correctly
    Name:  IMG426.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  60.3 KB
    again 2 mins
    Name:  IMG427.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  72.2 KB
    these were 3 mins each
    Name:  IMG428.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  61.6 KB

Name:  IMG429.jpg
Size:  63.2 KB

Name:  IMG430.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  71.4 KB

Name:  IMG431.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  IMG432.jpg
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  IMG433.jpg
Size:  69.0 KB

Name:  IMG434.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  70.6 KB

Name:  IMG435.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  74.0 KB

Name:  IMG436.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  63.0 KB

Name:  IMG437.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  IMG438.jpg
Size:  64.6 KB
    stuff from head D: really bad
    Name:  IMG439.jpg
Size:  72.1 KB

Name:  IMG441.jpg
Size:  67.7 KB

Name:  IMG442.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  62.2 KB

Name:  IMG443.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  74.5 KB

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the Disney-esque girls! Maybe time to do some value studies?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @morgan_R thanks, glad you like them cuz i color them real quiclky to see if the would look better

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi guys! well i had a go at doing some digital, its a kung fu master wip, i have no idea where to go next, might leave it as it is and try doing some more idk

Last edited by lionheartGFX; December 6th, 2012 at 12:20 PM.

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have a beast inside of me...it craves for more drawings! Back to the lab!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHWWWWRRR!!1one!!1

Name:  IMG461.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  65.2 KBName:  IMG466.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  72.6 KBName:  IMG462.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  65.6 KBName:  IMG460.jpg
Size:  95.8 KBName:  IMG459.jpg
Size:  63.9 KBName:  IMG457.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  61.6 KBName:  IMG456.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  55.7 KBName:  IMG455.jpg
Size:  62.7 KBName:  IMG454.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  70.7 KBName:  IMG453.jpg
Size:  61.9 KBName:  IMG451.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  83.8 KBName:  IMG450.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  64.4 KBName:  IMG449.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  66.0 KBName:  IMG448.jpg
Size:  60.8 KBName:  IMG447.jpg
Size:  51.5 KBName:  IMG446.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  56.0 KBName:  IMG445.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  61.9 KBName:  IMG444.jpg
Size:  70.6 KB

any comments or crits are welcome!

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes yes yeeeees! To bounce off of what Fantastico was saying. Try to be as LOOSE as possible. As in, to the point where it is unrecognizable. Why? Good question my good friend. I was once told by a great artist to know how loud and soft your instrument can go. In other words. How can you be expressive if you have not seen how expressive you can be? Be crazy and try not to "make it look good" for a while. Truthfully we don't have any pressure to do good work yet. Nobody knows us. There is no media behind our backs so have fun!

My last advice is to get an brush pen or regular micron pen. Draw your gestures with that, heck draw everything with that. Why again? I was also told be a great artist that when you draw with pen, your lines become meaningful after a while. You draw more fluidly. Why put a mark on the page that serves no purpose? That does not benefit the drawing? Drawing with pen will make you see lines better and train your muscle memory faster. In other words. Your skill will grow exponentially.

Keep training my friend! Thank you for your comments on my SB!

Do a lot of work and your work will be as good as your ambitions.
    Eternal Sketchbook

Tensai --- A La Bapsi --- Psychobuddy --- Wingal--- Lakai

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes yes yeeeees! To bounce off of what Fantastico was saying. Try to be as LOOSE as possible. As in, to the point where it is unrecognizable. Why? Good question my good friend. I was once told by a great artist to know how loud and soft your instrument can go. In other words. How can you be expressive if you have not seen how expressive you can be? Be crazy and try not to "make it look good" for a while. Truthfully we don't have any pressure to do good work yet. Nobody knows us. There is no media behind our backs so have fun!

My last advice is to get an brush pen or regular micron pen. Draw your gestures with that, heck draw everything with that. Why again? I was also told be a great artist that when you draw with pen, your lines become meaningful after a while. You draw more fluidly. Why put a mark on the page that serves no purpose? That does not benefit the drawing? Drawing with pen will make you see lines better and train your muscle memory faster. In other words. Your skill will grow exponentially.

Keep training my friend! Thank you for your comments on my SB!

Do a lot of work and your work will be as good as your ambitions.
    Eternal Sketchbook

Tensai --- A La Bapsi --- Psychobuddy --- Wingal--- Lakai

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @eternal apprentice HEY thanks so much for the advice! actually i was thinking of drawing more with pen, ill try to stay more loose and worry less about quality and more about structure for now, thanks for the support!

well i did a quick pose ehrmm i suck at digital i know but besides that what do you think?

Name:  girl suit.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  110.4 KB

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i suck balls seriously i have alot of traditional stuff ill post later, been doing alot of skeletons and animals

i dont care if i suck anymore im gonna do so many digital studies the suckage will leave eventually right?!

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude you are definitely getting better man, your lines are looking sexy as hell and by sexy i mean confident. And those gesture drawings are looking good, they are definitely helping . Good work man, good work .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @yemi775 thank you so much for the compliment! it helps!

hi people heres my latest stuff, im furiously looking at where i can get some excercises for my digital skills, ive found some good ones in ctrl+ paint anyways on to the drawings!

ive been doing alot of structure and skeleton practice, tried to do each one in less than 3 minutes
    Name:  IMG483.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  IMG482.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  88.6 KB

Name:  IMG481.jpg
Size:  76.2 KB

Name:  IMG479.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  IMG478.jpg
Size:  67.9 KB

Name:  IMG477.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  62.9 KB

Name:  IMG476.jpg
Size:  77.6 KB

Name:  IMG475.jpg
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  IMG473.jpg
Size:  75.4 KB

Name:  IMG472.jpg
Size:  90.8 KB

These are what my warm ups look like, i rarely upload them, this is just me loosening my hand and not thinking about anything hahahaha
    Name:  IMG471.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  85.7 KB

Name:  nube popo.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  116.4 KB

Name:  pewpew.jpg
Size:  117.0 KB

as always any C & C is welcome!

My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heyho
    you got a nice improvement and doing good with the skeletons just attach sometimes a few muscles to see how they move

visit my Sketchbook!
    Sketchbook

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Neyut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've made my realize two things: 1. My faces lack expression. 2. I also need to step up my figures. Y NO DIGITAL ? Keep grinding!

"All artists are prepared to suffer for their work, but why are so few prepared to learn to draw?"

MY SKETCHBOOK, COMMENT & CRITIC THE SHIT OUT OF ME

40. The Following User Says Thank You to ozark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your lines are getting looser keep it up! Imma grind too!

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

42. The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazel33t For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 19